• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice. looking goodddddddddd

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

So glad you went with an SR, and a blacktop at it!

are you going to keep AC and PS?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
        So glad you went with an SR, and a blacktop at it!

are you going to keep AC and PS?
        The SR is awesome! Yeah I'm keeping the AC and power steering.

Comment

Man my dream car is an s14 so obviously im in for this

Subbed

Comment

Originally posted by 240Tristan View Post
            The SR is awesome! Yeah I'm keeping the AC and power steering.
            Did you keep the SR AC compressor or swap it for the KA one, and if you did, how did you mount the KA compressor?

Sorry for the questions, I'm looking into getting an s14 soon, as I just go another job

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Did you keep the SR AC compressor or swap it for the KA one, and if you did, how did you mount the KA compressor?

Sorry for the questions, I'm looking into getting an s14 soon, as I just go another job
              I'm pretty sure I kept the KA compressor because the SR didn't come with one, and I had to order some brackets to mount it which I haven't got to yet but I'll make sure to make that part pretty photo heavy. Are you going for a Zenki or a Kouki?

Comment

Cool wheels lol.

You're lucky having this bare car at your age anyway! Good progress too, although I am with everyone on the stickerbomb and bubble knob.

Comment

Originally posted by 240Tristan View Post
                  I'm pretty sure I kept the KA compressor because the SR didn't come with one, and I had to order some brackets to mount it which I haven't got to yet but I'll make sure to make that part pretty photo heavy. Are you going for a Zenki or a Kouki?
                  Zenki as they are cheaper, and I won't feel bad doing an s15 front hahaha.

I have to save a couple months extra paychecks and I should have enough for a fairly clean one. I plan on keeping the car as functional as possible(full interior, PS, AC, and a decent period correct 90's sound system). It would be great if you could get some pics up of the AC bracket and the AC lines.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                    Cool wheels lol.

You're lucky having this bare car at your age anyway! Good progress too, although I am with everyone on the stickerbomb and bubble knob.
                    Yeah I need some new wheels but I have no money so I have to save for a couple months

Comment

Zenki as they are cheaper, and I won't feel bad doing an s15 front hahaha.

I have to save a couple months extra paychecks and I should have enough for a fairly clean one. I plan on keeping the car as functional as possible(full interior, PS, AC, and a decent period correct 90's sound system). It would be great if you could get some pics up of the AC bracket and the AC lines.
                      Yeah I feel ya, I think there were only something like 8000 koukis imported to the US. I'll have the AC pictures and details up in a couple days.

Comment

After the SR was in it was time to get it running, and first on the list was the intercooler. I decided to not go with the cheapest one and chose the next up and got a FMIC Godspeed kit off of eBay. The box came and sat for a couple weeks until we had time to work on it.

There were clearance issues EVERYWHERE with this thing, but I hear that's normal. The bumper support had to be removed in order to fit the intercooler in, some people just leave it off but if you hit something the front of your car is totally screwed so we cut out some of the bumper support to fit the intercooler inside it.

The hot and cold pipes had to be installed in order to see where the intercooler would sit. The hot pipe had its own hole that was already in the car so it could make its way to the intercooler but the cold had nowhere to go. In order to fit the cold pipe we had to get a smaller battery, we got the battery out of a Miata, and then a hole had to be cut threw the battery trey.

The hole had to be made a lot bigger and I did clean up the trey so it doesn't look bad and painted it but didn't take a picture of it.

After this it was a lot of small modifications to get the pipes ready, like pounding them skinnier and putting foam on them so they don't rub through when up against the frame.

The brackets for the intercooler were really weak so we had a friend weld up some brackets for us.

Last edited by 240Tristan; 07-11-2014, 03:29 PM. Reason: added bracket pictures

Comment

We still had a lot to do before the motor would be ready, such as the wiring harness, intake, and downpipe. For all of the motor parts I got them from eBay or Enjuku Racing. You call Enjuku and you get this guy who knows everything about 240s and hooks you up good, highly recommend these guys. The wiring harness would've been a lot of work to switch because my car is a left hand drive and the car the motor is out of is a right hand drive, so to save tens of hours I paid up and got the plug and play harness for this swap. I ended up getting a aftermarket Isis double fan that replaced both of my fans, the one on the radiator and the one on the motor, doing so cleaned up the engine bay and gave us a lot more room.

Here's the Mega Flow intake I got from eBay...

Megan downpipe...

Right now the downpipe leads to the stock exhaust which is probably 1/3 the size, I plan on getting Greddy RS exhaust as soon as I get enough to pay for it.

After running the motor, which blew smoke for about ten minutes until it cleared up, we noticed the clutch was completely shot. I later looked this up and found that its really common for the SRs to come with close to nothing of a clutch left, so I picked up the phone, dialed 1-888-SR20DET (Enjuku), and got a aftermarket clutch that was supposed to be pretty close to the oem's style. Replacing it wasn't that bad and only took maybe an hour and a half.

New clutch...

Old clutch...

New vs. Old...

New installed...

Comment

I like
                            I jealous
                            BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Here are some pictures I took while replacing the AC compressor, I used the KA compressor because the SR one was beat up.

The two brackets...

Comment

Damn, this is coming together real fast!

Those are the only pictures I've ever seen of the KA ac compressor adapter plate on the internet, thanks mane

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
                                X