This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post

BTW, JKerem: Congrats on the kiddo! Go get yourself one of those Recaro baby seats
    Defifinetly plan on gettin a recaro seat once she's a little bigger
    @sirlowalot

Comment

Originally posted by Jkerem View Post
      Thanks man! Time and money haha... I'm just learning now that mostly the "time" part is gonna be hard to come by. My baby girl was just born yesterday on 7/13. I sold the sedan to one of my close friends soon after I found out I was having a kid. I knew right then I wanted a w124 wagon. I loved the smoked silver color and was lucky to find this at a local hole in the way dealership. I pretty much just save half of my tax money from last year along with just sayin extra cash from pay checks. I was lucky to have the wheels from an previous car even more previous then the w124 sedan. I had a friend actually install the bag brackets due to the fact that I can't weld (yet). The rear suspension was a hassle to get right. There is still some adjustments to make to the car.
      Oh nice!! Congratulations! Your first? My girl is our first too and let me tell you, all your free time now will go to sleeping! Lol and your money will be devoured. Get ready for a busy life. My girl is 9 months now and she doesn't leave anyone much free time but you def will appreciate having an out like workin on your ride.

My w124 is that 199 black pearl, but it needs a paint job. I'm in the process of fighting with my wife on what comes first, paint or drop. I figure I can drop it and make whatever fender adjustements if need be to accomodate wheels then paint it jet black. My old squeaky suspension is getting annoying now. So much work to do though, only thing I have so far are 16" c-class sport wheels

Comment

Man super CLEAN !

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal View Post
          Oh nice!! Congratulations! Your first? My girl is our first too and let me tell you, all your free time now will go to sleeping! Lol and your money will be devoured. Get ready for a busy life. My girl is 9 months now and she doesn't leave anyone much free time but you def will appreciate having an out like workin on your ride.

My w124 is that 199 black pearl, but it needs a paint job. I'm in the process of fighting with my wife on what comes first, paint or drop. I figure I can drop it and make whatever fender adjustements if need be to accomodate wheels then paint it jet black. My old squeaky suspension is getting annoying now. So much work to do though, only thing I have so far are 16" c-class sport wheels
          Thanks man I'm slowly but surely finding out free time is minimal. One big thing I've learned in all of 2 days is sleep when she sleeps.

As for you suspension goes you could cut a few coils off the stock springs (or even buy some aftermarket springs) and then running Bilstein sport struts front and back with r129 mounts up front. That's how I has my sedan setup. The ride was a little bouncy if you have bad roads otherwise drive on good highways it was nice.

Originally posted by Chasen88 View Post
          Man super CLEAN !
          Thanks man
          @sirlowalot

Comment

What purpose does the r129 strut mount serve? I was gonna go bilstein sport shocks and struts with h&r sport springs then mess with the spring pad thicknesses from there..but i never read of people converting strut mounts..

With all these questions, what's your wheel specs?? I woulda loved to go 18's but I also don't want to deal with a lot of rubbing and fitment issues.
            Last edited by Eternal; 07-15-2014, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal View Post
              What purpose does the r129 strut mount serve? I was gonna go bilstein sport shocks and struts with h&r sport springs then mess with the spring pad thicknesses from there..but i never read of people converting strut mounts..

With all these questions, what's your wheel specs?? I woulda loved to go 18's but I also don't want to deal with a lot of rubbing and fitment issues.
              The r129 mounts are taller, it acts as a "raised strut tower" it gives the struts more suspension travel.

My wheels are 17x8.5/10.5
              @sirlowalot

Comment

I'll just put this here

@sirlowalot

Comment

damn.. that rear fitment is on point!! As is the rest of the car
                  '82 Volvo 242 build
                  '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Originally posted by Jkerem View Post
                    got a set of pro comp "tocix" shock from summit racing
                    Hello.
                    I just read your thread and i see that you had the same problem than me.
                    I can't get my car lower as i would.
                    Do you still have the serial number of the shocks you bought by summit ?
                    Thx in advance
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stanc...14039278927733

Comment

Are you still around?
                      Your mom says hi. =)

Comment

Sits nice......solid!

Comment

Working...
                        X