Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "This thing is going to fall apart." feeling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "This thing is going to fall apart." feeling.

I know I'm not alone here. This is for us static <3'er guys only, lmao. Ever just hit that right pothole, or be on that one road where you just keep having that thought in your head that you're absolutely killing your car and it's going to just fall apart and the police will find you strapped into your drivers seat resting against the pavement? I get this on a road where my upper control arms are just constantly smashing my strut towers. I can't be alone here, because as they say, if your low car rides smooth, it's not low.

I cry errytime

Comment

This is how every Chevy owner prolly feels right now.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Urgh. Yes. when the shocks would get a good workout on the streets of South Central they would make a pumping and the front of the car would make a clicking sound.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

do i feel an abnormal feeling or do we all share this.... im not raising my car im a hardparker for life because static gets you laid im JC

Comment

All the agreement for this haha.
            1976 "Swallowtail" Mk1 Golf LS
            1976 Mk1 Golf LS
            1994 VR6 Golf

Comment

the other day I was cruising around a lake and saw a sign that said bump. It was at night and my lights are shitty, it looked like it was just a patch of new asphalt or something, but it was a fucking huge gap in the road, I hit it going like 20 and it was the most violent thing to ever happen to my car.

my entire car scraped going down and up, somehow nothing fell off or got that fucked up.

Comment

Was coming home from the junkyard the other day. Return trip portion of interstate was tore up and being paved. Saw guy in front of me hit bridge interchange and catch air. Look down. Doing 75. Fuck. Hit bridge interchange. Airborn. Land on next bridge interchange. Something fell off. Not sure what. Sparks flew. Guy behind me backs way off. Bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
                  if your low car rides smooth, it's not low.
                  Not really. Your car should really only ride "shitty" when the car is so low that it makes unavoidable contact with the ground. Otherwise it should ride like any other car with stiff suspension and skinny tires if it's set up properly.

Start out by cutting holes in your shock towers for uca clearance. It makes a world of difference on civics.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                    Start out by cutting holes in your shock towers for uca clearance. It makes a world of difference on civics.
                    I've thought about doing that, but it's not completely bottomed out on the tower yet... Should I still do it? My car rarely slams the ground like that, when it does it's never pretty. I figure if I chop out the strut towers all that will happen is just the tip of the UCA is going to clear, and the outer portion of the UCA will still smash into the cut out perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
                      do i feel an abnormal feeling or do we all share this.... im not raising my car im a hardparker for life because static gets you laid im JC
                      I know that feel bro

I'm driving a french car so that's all i have to say about the quality of them. Problem is that there aren't proper suspension's for these cars so i dont even have a choice. I just cut untill i was acceptable low and now i have zero suspension. Even if i take a speedbump slightly to fast my headliner light instantly hangs loose. And some bumps on the interstate make the front go airborne. That's when I'm scared my tires will pop of their beads (165/45 on 8x15) and i'll crash into a tree or something.

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
                      "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

That's fking crazy, lol. Car looks great by the way!

Comment

hit a fucking crater in the middle of 95 last night. idk how i didnt destroy anything. it was big enough to ruin normal height cars

IG: Nick475

Comment

Everyone has that moment of panic when they suck air through their teeth and cringe. Lowered car or not, when you drive something you care about, that moment always comes.

I did it today on my way to work, and I have my car up an inch and a half with 225/45R17 tires.
                            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                            Originally posted by Ollie
                            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Was riding in my friends Miata (about an inch off the ground on Raceland Ultimos...) yesterday bombing down some back roads when we hit a dip in the road. Frame had to have hit pavement. It was loudest sound I've ever heard in a car. We were fully expecting the oil pressure to drop to zero. lol We hit hard.

It's a work in progress^
                              Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                              Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

Working...
                              X