Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

just graduated to air ride on my TL and im having some issues that i cant figure out.
    the system is Air Force suspensions performance kit. install went pretty smooth but after riding for a few days i noticed that the front passenger side is was about a half inch higher. i figured it would be the strut setting being a little off so i checked it out and they were both exactly the same. i lowered it anyway just to fix the issue but it was still higher, i then tried to raise the other side to compensate for the difference and yet again the passenger side still sits lower!! this is a pressure based system and i dont understand what the problem could be.
    any suggestions??

What pressures are your two front bags sitting at at ride height?

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
      What pressures are your two front bags sitting at at ride height?
      I'm at around 125-130 in the front for ride height

Comment

Try reducing your passenger front air bag's pressure incrementally and see at what point the car sits level.

Cars don't weigh precisely the same side-to-side, particularly with a driver sitting in them, so there will likely be a pressure differential from left to right when your suspension is set to sit level. You will likely have to have at least two presets - one for when you're in the car, and one for when the car is parked - and more depending upon what kind of passenger loads you tend to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
          Try reducing your passenger front air bag's pressure incrementally and see at what point the car sits level.

Cars don't weigh precisely the same side-to-side, particularly with a driver sitting in them, so there will likely be a pressure differential from left to right when your suspension is set to sit level. You will likely have to have at least two presets - one for when you're in the car, and one for when the car is parked - and more depending upon what kind of passenger loads you tend to have.
          I was thinking that weight was the issue and my system is controlled by front and by rear. Not all four sides independently

Comment

Originally posted by slowburn089 View Post
            I was thinking that weight was the issue and my system is controlled by front and by rear. Not all four sides independently
            You have sleeve style bags for your front struts right? If so the difference in heights is directly related to both the weight distribution of the car and the way the bags are folding under that weight. You won't be able to dial in a perfect height with a four valve system because both front struts are sharing the same fill and dump.

You're going to want to make your management into an eight valve setup where each corner of the car has it's own fill and dump. This will allow you to set certain pressures for each corner of the car. My personal car's pressures are different from the left to right while at the same fender to ground height.

Do you have two manual paddle valves like these?

You can make your current system into an 8 valve setup by adding two more paddle valves. You will then have one paddle for each corner of your car and you will then be able to bring the pressure down in the one corner that is higher than the other.

Unfortunately there is no other way to go about this. Four valve setups just aren't the best...

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

My system is all digital so I would have to change the whole control box maybe airforce will help me out with an upgrade. Thanks for the quick responses. Much appreciated.

Comment

My system is all digital so I would have to change the whole control box maybe airforce will help me out with an upgrade. Thanks for the quick responses. Much appreciated.
                Oh okay. I'm not familiar with their digital management but if you decide to go a different route, let me know if you have any questions!

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                  Oh okay. I'm not familiar with their digital management but if you decide to go a different route, let me know if you have any questions!
                  might upgrade in the future thanks for all the help. ordering a 175 psi switch from you in the mean time!

Comment

might upgrade in the future thanks for all the help. ordering a 175 psi switch from you in the mean time!
                    Sweet, well let me know if you need any help figuring out a setup in the future!

Comment

Working...
                    X