negative camber on a solid rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JVC View Post
    Tell me about it... Volvo, Jaguar and Ferrari along with Ford Taurus' and shit...
    Ferrari, thats my only option and for what a set of nice Ferrari wheels cost I can get a set of blanks MTO.

Anyway, op, you should really get some pics of these shims up.

Comment

Originally posted by 1lojet1281 View Post
      you can get 25mm H&R track+ spacers for like $125, or you can hit up adaptec and get a set of custom spacers spacers for about the same money.
      Adaptec wants 160 plus 20 shipping. I have been looking into the same thing and H&Rs wont have the proper center bore.

Comment

160 each or for a pair? i gotta look into it myself. thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by ff_drift_lol View Post
          160 each or for a pair? i gotta look into it myself. thanks for the info.
          their prices are always for a pair, and their prices also include bolts.
          Alabama's premier watercooled VW club http://www.h2otuning.com

Comment

how is -7 degrees of camber "within spec?"

Maybe -.7 but not -7

Comment

if you've ever used an alignment machine on a car with drastic suspension geometry, you can figure it out. it's not 7 degrees, i am not sure how much it is. pretty much there should be no camber pull since the wheels are still aligned, just more negative. shit i wish i could explain it better lol.

ok so I did an alignment today, whadda ya know the toe is positive now. I'll be updating this thread with pictures as I fine tune the setup.

Comment

Originally posted by ff_drift_lol View Post
                it's 5x110, no one makes a good wheel for my bolt pattern unless i'm willing to spend dough. researched wobble bolts, drilling wheels, in the end i really just can't afford it.
                Yeah I'm sensing a theme... In all honesty, why not roll stock while you save for wheels and suspension that isn't ghetto and does fit etc, than ghetto manufacturing stuff so you can roll around with eleventy billion degrees of camber and your wheels in the shadows?

Comment

When I had my 5x110 bp car I bought some 2-piece BBS RKs 17x8 et35. It sat nearly flush with the fenders without spacers. With a tiny spacer it would have been completely flush. Wheels are out there for that bolt pattern, you just have to look. Ronal makes a bunch too.

Here are those BBS:

I actually still have the wheels, just not the car.

Comment

I'm not fully understanding why you wanted so much camber? Surely just spacing wheels slightly without the camber would of looked a lot better? You wouldn't of needed big 30mm spacers. Normally camber is applied after the wheels have been fitted, depending on how much further arch clearance you need.

This just seems strange to me?

Comment

would look kinda titties if you had some super dished wheels out back so i'll be checking this thread later when you finally get to that point............and the rear is going to slip out no matter what due to how much of your tire is actually touching the ground now. even if you fix the toe-in it's going drive like shit. i'd advise to never drive in the rain or snow with the way you have it now. negative camber is a show thing, for people who want to drift in low horsepower cars, or for people who always drive slow (like city dwellers).

i've been there:

Last edited by chev_chelios; 05-03-2010, 06:03 PM.

vagina, it's what's for dinner.

Comment

thats just plain dumb.

Comment

This thread exemplifies why I sold my Cobalt SS and got a different car.
                          MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Please tell me this is a joke...

Originally posted by checkmate2006
                            SPOCK your so young errr are you Sulu

Comment

wow

Comment

Jesus tits, this thread is fucking retarded.

I'd ask where the OP went, but my guess is a ditch.

Comment

Working...
                                X