No announcement yet.

negative camber on a solid rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thread is about 4 months old. not sure why it was bumped.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ff_drift_lol View Post
      the camber is within spec, just 7 degrees moar negative than stock, so it technically shouldn't pull.
      it feels like a boat in the rear, and it likes to drift around. not dangerously, but it feels kinda weird. is this normal?

Any amount of camber over 2 degree's will tend to follow the road alot. It feels like its pulling all over, you'll notice that when you drive through bad interesections with deep ruts that it will want to go all over the place.

I find it hard to believe that you made your own shims and that the toe is in spec unless you spent an assload of time with the grinder and an alignment rack doing so. Above that I would shave the shims down to 4 or 5 degree's. unless you have very very wide wheels with heavily stretched wheels, you will simply not be able to pull off that look, even at 4 or 5 degree's it will look silly, but you seem to be set in the route of lots of camber, so atleast step it down a notch.

Basically my opinion is tone it down and get some legit wheels, huge spacers with skinny wheels look retarded.

edit: my bad, didn't realise this was an old bumped thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        Jesus tits, this thread is fucking retarded.

I'd ask where the OP went, but my guess is a ditch.
        I'm glad this got bumped so I could laugh my ass off at this.

Comment

Working...
        X