Raceland? To be or not to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prodigee View Post
    I am confused by your question.. Offset has nothing to do with Racelands. Racelands are coilovers not wheels.
    I want to order a set of Raceland Coilover Kit for my e46 and a set of VMR VB3's in 19x8.5 wrapped in 235 tyres. My question is, in order for me to clear (avoid hitting the coilover kit) the suspension, I was told that I would need to run the new wheels with an offset of +35et. When I contacted Raceland, the agent says that "he thinks" +30et would be needed. I just got further confused as I thought running an aggressive offset (+30et) would make my wheels stick out like 1/4" past the front fender arches. I am trying to achieve a "tucked" look hence the query about which wheel offset to order for my new wheels. Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone!
    Mona Bee!

Comment

true that^

GroundControl's are great coilovers, you should look into them because i know they make coilover sleeves for 430$ for the e36 which is a bit more then the racelands but the quality is much better.

Comment

^ Difference is that 430$ only gets you springs and adjusters. You'll still need shocks/struts of some sort

Flickr

Comment

Which is why people buy Racelands, because its the complete package.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I bought racelands in september, and have put 22,000 yes twentytwothousand miles on my car since and have had ZERO problem, the ride is stock like and the price is more then right.

Comment

I have them, they are not anything like I'd expect from some higher end companies, but what I use my car for they are great.
              Originally posted by da3bous
              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

10,000 miles on mine so far, and I love them. They go stupid low (well in the front anyhow, back ... not so much), the ride is alright, and honestly, the only way to go low cheaper is to cut springs or drive around with 4 fat chicks in the car ... I'd buy them again if I needed to, no doubt about that.

Comment

imo i wouldnt buy them. when it comes to spending money are car parts the most important places to not cut corners are suspension, brakes and tires. thats what keeps you connected to the road and in control of your vehicle
                  Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

you get what you pay for is not always the case. with most coilover companies im sure you get LESS than what you pay for. and pay the premium just for the name. racelands are basic, so you get basic pricing

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

I was going to order these already but I had to help parents with some bills. So now its time to save again.

Comment

I have Installed them on 2 MK4 GTi's and they are great. The ride was also great. Its been 6 months and no complaints. Both GTI's are slammed on them.

Like its been said before you can change shock inserts later on and springs. For the price they are great.

I have oned JIC , Tein, Ksport, KW v2 & V3, HKS, Weitech, Eibach and Vogland coilovers. So its not like this was my first Coilovers set install and ride. lol

Gillis Motorsports

Comment

not to be. I just got a blown front right strut. and I've been on mine for 3 months.

Comment

i bought a nicer more costly set of coils the first time around and don't regret them at all. the performance & ride is unbelievable and i will be buying the same ones for the next ride as well.

vagina, it's what's for dinner.

Comment

what's your next ride gonna be, flava flave?

www.effineuro.com

Comment

I've had mine for the better part of 10K miles and they're great for what you pay. Ride is slightly firm, no bounce, and they go reasonably low on my application. I've heard that the BMW and older VW apps go much much lower.

FWIW, FK just released the "street" series that's pretty much identical in content to these, at a sreet price of $500 plus shipping. IMO if they weren't badged FK they would be a good bit cheaper...people would be all over a $350 or $400 FK system. Cheap does not in this case = crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X