No announcement yet.

Raceland? To be or not to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ OP crazy. im siting on 18's @ 2inches above the lowest setting and still lower than you! Are your running aftermarket strut mounts?
    sigpic

Comment

i have them on my e46 and i will be upgrading soon. its a litte too bouncy and my front passenger side has a clunk. im pretty sure its because the swaybar endlink is loose. other than that they're worth the price and do the job though

Comment

Im planing to use them for my e30 5lug swap,hope they will be ok at least for some time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eriks View Post
          Im planing to use them for my e30 5lug swap,hope they will be ok at least for some time!!
          Please take some photos during the install. Ive contemplated this before, but went a diffrent ( made my own coils) route. It should work, i know of one e30 on them

Flickr

Comment

so i got my racelands today, tried to install the fronts but got held up because my sway bar links are too long. im considering purschaing adjustable links, or is there links from another bmw that are shorter that i can use? its on a 99 328i w/ oem sport suspension

Comment

Like others have said, you guys considering racelands I would strongly recommend checking out FK coils. They make some entry level coils with the same price range as racelands, but IMO better build/ride quality. I am running FK silverlines on my e36 and love them. You can slam the car pretty much as low as you want, and the ride quality is great.

Comment

well i got my coilovers on kinda. i ended up getting rear end links from a 08 chevy impala ss to use as my sway bar link ends. but now the collars wont clear my rims. so fml. i ran into every problem possible. but i did find out that the raceland customer support is pretty good. nice guys.

Comment

does anyone have pics of their raceland's on an e46?
                  i heard you would need to change your front camber plates, rear camber control arms, and endlinks to make the ride feel like "real" coilovers

Comment

I believe you can use OEM Hyundai Tib endlinks on E46s?

Comment

i've had mine on my mk2 jetta for a year now, they have seen about 10 auto x's, a full maine winter of driving, i managed to jump my car on a back road, and they are still holding together. i recommend them to any one who wants basic coils.

and thats with another 2+ inches of threads left

Comment

I've had racelands for 5000 miles now, I want to know the dimensions of the front springs because Im gonna swap them up for GC/eiback, does anyone knows if they are 2.5" or 2.25" ? I know they are 6.5"tall

Comment

Originally posted by votex29 View Post
                          i've had mine on my mk2 jetta for a year now, they have seen about 10 auto x's, a full maine winter of driving, i managed to jump my car on a back road, and they are still holding together. i recommend them to any one who wants basic coils.

and thats with another 2+ inches of threads left
                          .... this sounds pretty convincing

Comment

i have racelands also on a mk2 jetta for about 2 years now havent had a problem ever with them
                            [IMG][/IMG]
                            i have somewhere around 2in on threads left also i bought wheels with tyres already on them so once its time for new tires it'll be stretch/camber/lowerd again

Comment

Working...
                            X