No announcement yet.

E38 Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't post the mojo7 'cause ya'll have done that allready.

Boston Grün - Class II - Motorsport International
    ex: 17" O.Z. Mito / Fittipaldi / Futura / Pegasus / BBS RS / BBS LM / BBS RK / BBS RF / BBS RC / BMW Style 19 / 24 / 32 / 42 / 44 / 81

For Sale: Custom and Rare Wheels/ parts / BBS / OZ / BMW OEM / RH

Comment

Comment

oooooooooooo, that white one is tits
        I haz 4 wimz. need 4 more.

Comment

Interesting hood on this one:

Comment

Lovely thread! I love the e38, best looking 7series ever and i look forward to owning one some day.

92' E36 320 Coúpe - 2,2l storked - Ebay headers - WARchip - KN filter - 328i decat exhaust - Lightweight M3 flywheel - Coil Overs - Rondell 58 17"

Comment

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
              I'll have a thread up on the new car tomorrow.
              It better be even more baller, or else.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                It better be even more baller, or else.
                we're gonna poke you with a stick

Comment

This thread is awesome.

Comment

I love this thread.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
                    ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

My current project:
                      Its maxed out on KW v3s in front and is actually a lot lower then it seems in pics. I'm pretty aggravated with the height nonetheless and will be making some adjustments in the near future (just need to finish up with school first).

Have no fear. Itll get lower.
                      Last edited by 525iT_Feen; 04-22-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I love this gen 7 ... but man they're so problem prone... all over the Bmmr forums the e38 sections are filled with 'this broke, that broke, how do i fix' and not much else... shame... so cheap used now they'd be awesome DD's if they were more reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by starbai View Post
                          I love this gen 7 ... but man they're so problem prone... all over the Bmmr forums the e38 sections are filled with 'this broke, that broke, how do i fix' and not much else... shame... so cheap used now they'd be awesome DD's if they were more reliable.
                          A low mileage 99-01 740 that has had all suggested maintenance done should do just fine!

You have to remember that these cars were like 60-100k brand new so the maintenance isn't going to be like that of a 20k Camry or Accord or whatever.

Kind of off topic, but I **** when people rag on the maintenance of the new GT-R, look at the class of cars that its in!! (performance wise and partly price) Porsche, Ferrari, etc. etc. Just because it is *kind of* affordable to an upper-middle class American doesn't mean the maintenance will be cheap!
                          1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                          Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kramerbuccs24 View Post
                            A low mileage 99-01 740 that has had all suggested maintenance done should do just fine!

You have to remember that these cars were like 60-100k brand new so the maintenance isn't going to be like that of a 20k Camry or Accord or whatever.

Kind of off topic, but I **** when people rag on the maintenance of the new GT-R, look at the class of cars that its in!! (performance wise and partly price) Porsche, Ferrari, etc. etc. Just because it is *kind of* affordable to an upper-middle class American doesn't mean the maintenance will be cheap!
                            I dunno about that, not from what I read on bimmerforums.... they say that there are two types of 7 series owners... ones that are living with their cars problems and ones that are in fear of a whole set of problems coming right around the corner.

Sucks beacuse again this body 7 is easily my favorite. Would be such a sick DD.

I guess you make a good point in saying that this isn't some basic 4cyl camry, the more sophisticated the car, the more sophisticated the drivetrain, all the more crap to potentially break. and if you ask me they're getting so cheap on the used car market these days, the concern of major problems is somewhat built into the cheaper values.

Comment

Comment

I don't know who took this picture, but I love it:

Comment

Working...
                                X