Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! Fake-Benz content inside (SRT-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was iffy on the color at first, now its growing on me
    Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
      I was iffy on the color at first, now its growing on me
      Lol you and me both man. Like I said, I originally bought a black SRT-6 because I wanted a black car. Unfortunately the paint wasn't quite up to par with what I wanted which is why I decided to have the car dipped for now. The more I look at the color day in and day out the more attached to it I become.
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

never would had thought this thing had potential .looks good man. wheels suit the car so perfect
        STATIC LIFE

accord build
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/ne...ostthread&f=23

rip is300build
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56221

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post

I never quite understood why these cars never took off. They've always carried some sort of weird unexplainable stigma with them. I can understand why people didn't buy them alot new being as a $50,000 Chrysler coupe is pretty laughable. And I guess years later not alot of people got into them due to the severe lack of aftermarket support for them. Most of the stuff i've done thusfar is either custom (exhaust, front/side splitters) or tweaked (spacers, modified coilovers) to get it where I wanted it to be. But to me that's what makes the whole experience fun!

During the whole fast and furious craze of the day, almost no one wanted an american luxury sports car that only had 215hp, unimpressive handling and mercedes priced maintenance. With cars like the 350z/G35, RX8, Solstice, Sky, and the S2000 on the market, all which have a leather/luxury option for much less, it's not surprising it didn't sell well. The SRT model didn't sell well because the guys who want a MOPAR performance car don't want a 6 cylinder, and it wasn't enticing enough to the import guys to get like the SRT4 was.

I remember seeing these things back in 2005 when my mother was shopping for a new car, and there were tons of these things sitting on the lot used with low mileage for around $25k(keep in mind that they were about a year old, and with low mileage) and the SRT's for around $30k.

These things were a depreciation nightmare, but I believe that you should never buy a car based on depreciation.

Love the car man. I always thought these were bad ass cars, kind of like a cooler, cheaper, FR, porsche'esque thing. It definitely looks like a $90k+ car with what you've done.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I love RWD hatches and this one doesn't dissapoint.

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
              It definitely looks like a $90k+ car with what you've done.
              Mehhhhhhhhhhh. I wouldn't say that.

Comment

Originally posted by pDubs View Post
                Mehhhhhhhhhhh. I wouldn't say that.
                I would have to agree. I've had numerous non-car enthusiasts tell me that it looks somewhat "exotic" but I guess because I know what the car is I just look at it as a Crossfire.....lol. Definitely doesn't look $90k good though......not by a long shot.
                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

R129's SL500's were around $90,000 when new, same with the maserati gransport. I don't think it's a stretch by any means. Look at both of those cars, and compare them to this. You will see why I said that.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                    R129's SL500's were around $90,000 when new, same with the maserati gransport. I don't think it's a stretch by any means. Look at both of those cars, and compare them to this. You will see why I said that.
                    Yeah but this is a Chrysler......lol.
                    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
                      Yeah but this is a Chrysler......lol.
                      Looks like $90,000.

Who cares how much you paid.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Car looks really clean. I actually really like the plastidip. I'm surprised you just didn't dip it black if you wanted a black car

Comment

The only one of these I've ever liked
                          IG: Dimitriantoniou
                          1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
                          1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Originally posted by Houstons23rd View Post
                            Car looks really clean. I actually really like the plastidip. I'm surprised you just didn't dip it black if you wanted a black car
                            Thanks!

I'm not a fan of black plastidip......it's pretty played out. With all the color possibilities nowadays with dip I wanted to do something custom/one-off. My dip actually has two different pigments of pearl in it; a black pearl and a green pearl.
                            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Here are a few more rad shots that my buddy Karl took at Hyperfest.

Check out his Instagram to view more of his work - @bennettography
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by brandn3w View Post
                                Is the motor hand built and stamped with the mechanic's signature too like MB AMG models? Or is the cast stamped with the Tri-Star or anything? I'm just curious, because I never knew there was a crossover for MB to any domestics.
                                Excuse the filthy engine bay! As requested.

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                                X