No announcement yet.

domestic stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything can be stanced if you know what you're doing. There should be no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by AreTee View Post
      Anything can be stanced if you know what you're doing. There should be no excuses.
      Yeah but with certain cars you will loose lots of performance in handling. Not something a lot of Mustang guys want. So, some domestic guys as I previously said have excuses but when you have something like a Cavalier or some crap like that going rice and being a hypocrite makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteStripes View Post

it is completely beyond me why SRT4 owners feel that they have to put an intercooler the size of the hubble telescope on their cars. The other day i overheard an srt4 owner who had an intercooler so big it was bigger than the opening in the bumper brag about it and then inform everyone he had a stock turbo.... i felt like slapping him.

Originally posted by Lux View Post
        Yeah but with certain cars you will loose lots of performance in handling. Not something a lot of Mustang guys want. So, some domestic guys as I previously said have excuses but when you have something like a Cavalier or some crap like that going rice and being a hypocrite makes no sense.
        You can have decent stance without stretched tires. Most mustangs i see are on stocks with the fattest tire they could possible fit on them, and then its all sunken 3 inches in from the edge of the fender.
        Last edited by Tuck&Poke; 04-19-2010, 08:21 AM.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
          it is completely beyond me why SRT4 owners feel that they have to put an intercooler the size of the hubble telescope on their cars. The other day i overheard an srt4 owner who had an intercooler so big it was bigger than the opening in the bumper brag about it and then inform everyone he had a stock turbo.... i felt like slapping him.

You can have decent stance without stretched tires. Most mustangs i see are on stocks with the fattest tire they could possible fit on them, and then its all sunken 3 inches in from the edge of the fender.
          That and some of those who feel the need to loosen the spring on their BOV and let it blow off for literally 10 minutes. Dan aka wheelfetish would know who I'm talking about if he saw this. a blue srt4 at the old college I used to go to. It's so pointless to do that since you lose performance by loosening it to much and actually do damage to your car.
          Pose for the frame

Comment

Ummm, I'm like 90% sure that that's stock height and width but it's slightly deeper. And he painted the core black to make it more subtle.

I generally don't think that they are a car that has potential to look great, however, this guy did his completely right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezze90 View Post
              That and some of those who feel the need to loosen the spring on their BOV and let it blow off for literally 10 minutes. Dan aka wheelfetish would know who I'm talking about if he saw this. a blue srt4 at the old college I used to go to. It's so pointless to do that since you lose performance by loosening it to much and actually do damage to your car.
              He dropped out I think. I hear see him anymore.

-Dan

Comment

I never said anything about needing to have stretched tires. I dont stretch or think its that cool unless it has to be done.

Most guys that I know with Mustangs, Corvettes and so forth dont wanna go lower than 1&1/2" from stock and depending on how the car sits stock they wont do more than 3/4" or run anything more narrow than 255 tires even on 7.5 wide wheels..

Comment

it also seems that 90% of "sporty" domestic car owners are complete asses. i know theres a few cool ones, i know of two. thats it. and im not even really friends with them, we've just talked like 3 times and nothing more lol. you know how ALL bike owners wave to each other when passing? ive tried to start that with clean cars, a quick wave out the window to say sup or whatever, and usually i get either nothing or a rev with a mean look like eff you haha. fun fun. one time this dude in a neon took off at a light, tire squeak and all, just to be stopped by the next light. i caught up and said "thats a red light. you were pretty quick hitting 20 though" and me and my friend just laughed at him. that was fun too.
                  // Alan

Comment

Originally posted by nomnom View Post
                    it also seems that 90% of "sporty" domestic car owners are complete asses. i know theres a few cool ones, i know of two. thats it. and im not even really friends with them, we've just talked like 3 times and nothing more lol. you know how ALL bike owners wave to each other when passing? ive tried to start that with clean cars, a quick wave out the window to say sup or whatever, and usually i get either nothing or a rev with a mean look like eff you haha. fun fun. one time this dude in a neon took off at a light, tire squeak and all, just to be stopped by the next light. i caught up and said "thats a red light. you were pretty quick hitting 20 though" and me and my friend just laughed at him. that was fun too.
                    Same damn thing here.

Notice how the dudes on bikes rep more love?
                    I get it all the time. Dudes on bikes show more respect for my car than people in Neons,... I meant SRT-4s.

And I know of plenty of people that take my car and think its some kind of sports car. That gets me. Its damn fast and quick for what it is but its no street racer.

I said this on VSC once. Lots of guys with low and slows got more than one car. Just so happens that cars a pretty frickin quick tuner. Yet, some kids in wannabe tuners see these cars and just give nothing but disrespect.

Comment

Whenever I see I nicely stanced ride I nod, wave or somehow say sup to them, I always get the looks though. Must be my american car.

Comment

I'd say this is a good example of Domestic Stance...

Specs:
                        Black Corvette C6 Z06 on ADV5
                        20x10 front
                        20x13 rear
                        Nitto INVO tires
                        285-25-20 f
                        345-25-20 r
                        Katech CF ZR1 kit

More here:
                        05 B6 S4 Avant 6MT (SOLD)

09 E61 535ixT 6MT Wagon

Comment

i like it! lol
                          // Alan

Comment

20X13 rear is nice.

Comment

Now I have never said this before, but that is THE SEXIEST corvette I've EVER seen. Wow....x 10000000000
                              Pose for the frame

Comment

See that is a really nice car!

But, I guarantee you even he feels our pain. Especially with those 20's.

I think 20's in fact is the biggest peeve some domestic owners have.

Comment

Working...
                                X