domestic stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domestic stance

just out of curiosity, where they at? maybe im not on the forums or never searched for it but i've never seen dumped/flush/poking cobalts and what not.. i mean dont get me wrong, i **** those cars and highly believe only chicks should be driving them but yeah.. seems like everyone who drives a cobalt has a CF hood and some black wheels, thats it. it seems like theres really no versatility in the domestic car world.. no individualism? maybe they dont care and what not but euro heads and jdm tyte yo people seem like they're all about standing out and being different which i think is pretty cool.. but yeah does anyone else have any problems with people revving at you all the damn time? mustangs and cobalts along with other retards hit me up all the time and its annoying as hell, like seriously dude, why? its like their ego booster of the day. no i dont want to see who can get to 30 mph first, but go ahead.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    // Alan

nomnom

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

my neon comes back from paint tomorrow.. she is decently stanced, but tomorrow i will really be improving it. then next month i get my spacers in, and new control arms for additional camber.

and you are completely right, there is no unique cars in the cobalt/neon/ion/domestic car scene, it's all the same fucking shit. which is why i am building my car the way i am.

stanceNeon | halcyonphoto.net

Comment

Style just isn't a huge factor for most domestic guys. Of course, there are exceptions. Drivability and performance are what most of them are looking for. I know when I get my funds up, I'm buying a 2003-2004 SVT Cobra, or (more like in my dreams) LS1/T56 swapping my E24.

I've always been a domestic guy at heart (Muscle cars and pickup trucks at least), but I have a soft spot for European cars, and having my cars look the way I want... now style is a big part of having a car to me. Different strokes for different folks, that's how I look at it.

Comment

oh god you should see some of the slowbalts around my house. I have some douche in a yellow cobalt LS rev his rice sounding cobalt at me every time I drive by him. All he has is an exhaust done and maybe an intake, but I doubt it. i **** cobalts. And no offense to anyone who has a DUB on here, I love the cars, but the drivers around here are such snobbish pricks. They give vdubs a bad rep around here
          Pose for the frame

Comment

Originally posted by Ezze90 View Post
            oh god you should see some of the slowbalts around my house. I have some douche in a yellow cobalt LS rev his rice sounding cobalt at me every time I drive by him. All he has is an exhaust done and maybe an intake, but I doubt it. i **** cobalts. And no offense to anyone who has a DUB on here, I love the cars, but the drivers around here are such snobbish pricks. They give vdubs a bad rep around here
            EXACTLY! same here man.. all the fuckbalts here all look exactly the effing same, just a different color is what sets them apart. but yes, a ton of them are absolute douches. im sure theres one or two of em out there that are chill. maybe
            // Alan

Comment

All 3 of us aren't quite there yet, but working on it, theres a couple more on here that are good too.

Most people just stick what they're used to and dont try to do anythign different.

Comment

Originally posted by nomnom View Post
                EXACTLY! same here man.. all the fuckbalts here all look exactly the effing same, just a different color is what sets them apart. but yes, a ton of them are absolute douches. im sure theres one or two of em out there that are chill. maybe
                All they do is just black out their tail lights and something different. The LS guy by me has these stupid LED braces where the fogs should be. God I **** those things. But his car sounds like absolute shit. I mean I can't say much cuz I only have a CAI and exhaust but that's changing real soon. I don't go around revving my engine at everyone who has something done to their car. Actually I never initiate things. I know 2 chill guys who drive vdubs. I can give respect to a vehicle thats fast but if the driver is a douche I'll **** on the car so much. End rant. lol
                Pose for the frame

Comment

I really like the burgundy ZX3 (forget who's it is).
                  The 05+ front end looks great with some low-ish offset 17s.

I really don't consider myself to have 'stance'...the goal of my current setup was lowness.

Comment

Man, you have some domestic guys with Mustangs and Vettes and a few others that are heavy hitting cars but then you have the others ( wont mention cause I know I'll step on toes ) that bash everything thats not domestic and call it rice. Now today rice means cars with cheap gimmicks basically but thats all I see on said domestic cars. Cheap body kits, cheap wanna be Alteza lights, tribal vinyls taking 3/4's the body and so forth and so on. They talk down on swaps and hybrids like Sileightys for example yet they buy cheap e-bay tail lights with chrome bezels that mimic Alteza lights?

And I said it before. They bash on clean flush stance but for some reason they need to buy tires 3 sizes to wide and say they have wide track performance cars. Whats with that? 275's on 8.5 wide.

I got a domestic car but Im one of a kind at least.

And who the hell wasted a super charger on such a small engine anyway? They could have at least used a decent sized 6 in those ugly Cobalts/Cavaliers.
                    Last edited by Lux; 04-18-2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Domestic here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lux View Post
                        Man, you have some domestic guys with Mustangs and Vettes and a few others that are heavy hitting cars but then you have the others ( wont mention cause I know I'll step on toes ) that bash everything thats not domestic and call it rice. Now today rice means cars with cheap gimmicks basically but thats all I see on said domestic cars. Cheap body kits, cheap wanna be Alteza lights, tribal vinyls taking 3/4's the body and so forth and so on. They talk down on swaps and hybrids like Sileightys for example yet they buy cheap e-bay tail lights with chrome bezels that mimic Alteza lights?

And I said it before. They bash on clean flush stance but for some reason they need to buy tires 3 sizes to wide and say they have wide track performance cars. Whats with that? 275's on 8.5 wide.

I got a domestic car but Im one of a kind at least.

And who the hell wasted a super charger on such a small engine anyway? They could have at least used a decent sized 6 in those ugly Cobalts/Cavaliers.
                        I don't mean to jack this thread and make it a **** thing but stuff like that irks me. I can admit to a fast car. It just gets annoying with some people. I dislike most muscle people because they're so damn ignorant 90% of the time.
                        Pose for the frame

Comment

Closest thing I've seen to a stanced Neon. Cept for Glass up there.

This also happens to be my all time favorite SRT4. This guy knows how to mod.

Comment

I'll chime in here since I own an '01 Mustang GT.

It's hard as hell to stance a Mustang, trust me. Getting low with one isn't the difficult part, it's finding low offset wheels that actually look good. Seriously, NOBODY makes good looking low offset wheels for the Mustang (at least not the 94-04s), because the majority of Mustang guys seem to just buy the exact same 3 or 4 OEM or replica wheels. Bullitt, the SVT wheels, 40th Anniversary, and Saleens. That's it. If you want great looking wheels for those Mustangs, you have to go custom and it's just not worth it IMO. Newer (S197) Mustangs are a different story. It's easier than hell to find good wheels for those, but even at ridiculously low ride heights those cars look kinda fat.
                            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                            2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                              I'll chime in here since I own an '01 Mustang GT.

It's hard as hell to stance a Mustang, trust me. Getting low with one isn't the difficult part, it's finding low offset wheels that actually look good. Seriously, NOBODY makes good looking low offset wheels for the Mustang (at least not the 94-04s), because the majority of Mustang guys seem to just buy the exact same 3 or 4 OEM or replica wheels. Bullitt, the SVT wheels, 40th Anniversary, and Saleens. That's it. If you want great looking wheels for those Mustangs, you have to go custom and it's just not worth it IMO. Newer (S197) Mustangs are a different story. It's easier than hell to find good wheels for those, but even at ridiculously low ride heights those cars look kinda fat.
                              You forgot Cobra R's Unless that is what you meant by SVT wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X