• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a great thread. more updates!

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

What a great read, feels like I'm following your adventure reading this, rather than just seeing a build.
      Wagon looks boss, too, always had a soft spot for W124 Wagons. Definitely on the bucket list for the future

Comment

Originally posted by nsogiba View Post
        this is a great thread. more updates!
        Thanks for checking it out!

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
        What a great read, feels like I'm following your adventure reading this, rather than just seeing a build.
        Wagon looks boss, too, always had a soft spot for W124 Wagons. Definitely on the bucket list for the future
        Thanks for taking the time to read through. I try to convey what im doing as a whole and how much of an intricate part of our lives this car is. I love the W124 Wagon, i would never rethink my decision on purchasing it!

------------------Buick Grand National Build--------------------

--------------The War Wagon W124 E320 Wagon----------

Comment

Looking forward to seeing where this one goes.

Instagram: @robbytopher

Comment

Cool wagon man, I would daily the shit out of that
            Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Picking one of these up in a few months, there's something about silver W124 wagons that really make me go crazy.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
              I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Well, once again it has been quite sometime since I have updated you guys. Since the last time I posted, we moved to Atascadero, California for 5 months and explored as much of Central California as we could. Here are some photos from that time.

Yosemite National Park

Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park

Christmas Spirit

"Tuna on White, No Crust"

"I Don't Have Friends, I Got Family"

Death Valley National Park

After our assignment in Atascadero, we were able to head back to Tucson to attend my good buddy's bachelor party and wedding. Both my girlfriend and I were in the wedding party and excited to be back to our old stomping grounds with some old friends.

We had a great vacation, and before we knew it, it was over. We headed back to Atascadero to pick up our belongings and my girlfriends car, which the day before we left for Tucson had been backed into by some dick bag. It was in the body shop for the week we were on vacation...

Once the Cobalt was all patched up and our belongings were packed, it was time to head to our next assignment in Kenai, Alaska! We headed out on the 10 Day, 4,000 Miles, 7 States, 3 Provinces, and 2 Country trip. We left the Cobalt in Idaho along with a bunch of stuff we were not going to need at a storage unit and continued on with the Mercedes.

Kootenay/Banff/Jasper National Park, Canada

Entering the Famous Alaskan Highway (AlCan)

Middle of nowhere Canada

Along our drive, the wagon hit 150,000 miles. This car did everything I asked of it and then some. The only issues encountered on the trip was a Neutral Safety Switch shit the bed, both corner lights cracked, chipped windshield, and a rock blasted a hole through the lower part of the bumper. But I couldn't have asked for a better trip and it was truly once in a lifetime.

If you guys want to see more photos let me know, if not I will just keep updating this as I have been, ha. Thanks for taking the time to check this out and follow our adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by chayden View Post
                  Looking forward to seeing where this one goes.
                  Thanks for checking it out, it will be a long time coming, but I cant wait to start really working on it after we stop traveling.

Originally posted by Raarasutra View Post
                  Cool wagon man, I would daily the shit out of that
                  Thanks! Yeah, super reliable and a blast to drive.

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                  Picking one of these up in a few months, there's something about silver W124 wagons that really make me go crazy.
                  Awesome! I go back and forth daily on if I really like the silver or not. I would rather have white, but there are days that the sun catches it just right, or as the sun is setting that make me fall back in love.

Comment

thanks for all the updates.

I have a '95 E320 wagon as well with the sportline upgrade - I couldn't recommend highly enough putting some Bilstein HDs and lower springs sets - my car has almost no body roll or nose dives upon braking.

Question for you - how did you paint your black pieces? and with what type of paint?

looks great!

Originally posted by Azrial89 View Post
                    I have not been on for quite a while. But only minor things to update.

Probably my favorite purchase for the car thus far!!! Still trying to get it to work, for some reason the phone is not getting power, but its not a pressing issue, especially since I'm pretty sure no one offers the analog service it requires anymore. None the less, its a great conversation piece.

I got tired of the ugly corner lights, so I ordered some clear Depos and it really cleaned up the look of the front end.

With the new lenses, I needed some new bulbs. Picked up these nice LED flashers and I love them.

It seemed as soon as we got to Eastern Oregon, it was time to head to the next assignment. As you can see we downsized dramatically from a Uhaul trailer to a roof rack and basket, which is so much easier and less stressful.

Our next assignment was Costal Oregon in Coos Bay. It was absolutely beautiful.

While in Coos Bay, I just did some more updating and touching some things up. First was repainting all the black plastics under the hood.

Then I painted the door handles to get rid of the awful chrome strip. I also did the emblems because I **** chrome more than I can explain.

Then I just freshened up the wiper bits on the front, back, and headlights. Again nothing special, but it really makes everything look so much cleaner.

After driving the dark coastal roads with subpar halogen bulbs, I opted for some extremely nice LED headlight bulbs. I could never go back.

We did a lot of exploring up and down the Oregon coast and the wagon took good care of us, we did a 3 day camping trip with the wagon putting in some serious miles and I have to say, I could no ask for a more comfortable and reliable ride.

Along with being a great people hauler, it makes a fantastic muppet taxi as well! (there is a 4th one behind the big guy)

Right before we left our assignment in Coos Bay, we took a trip to Crater Lake... I have to say, this has to be the most beautiful place I have ever seen, just look at it!!

Then just 3 days before we left, the D-Bags that were renting us the house started remodeling their garage and in the process, their carelessness resulted in them washing out their paint rollers RIGHT NEXT TO THE WAGON!?!?! I had just washed it the day before to prepare for our trip south... It was dried on and i confronted them and they acted like it was whatever. I **** when people have no respect for other individuals property, ITS NOT HARD.

Luckily after I cooled down, I went ahead and tried to clean it up and discovered thankfully (for their sake) it was water based and came of with some serious elbow grease.

Then the time came to leave Oregon for our next assignment in San Francisco!

This is where we are at currently until the middle of October and then it will be off to the next place. The only thing I have done to the wagon since being in SF was install new engine mounts. They were badly collapsed and had leaked out all of their fluid. The car had a pretty bad tremor while in drive with the brakes applied ever since I bought it, so I was finally able to get access to a lift and take care of it. It is smooth as glass now, you would never now the car was 20 years old!

I know this may not be the most exciting thread around, but I enjoy keeping track of it and sharing it with anyone who cares. There will be a time when we stop traveling and settle down and then I will be much more apt to do bigger things. Its just hard to mess with success at the moment since I need it to start and operate properly everyday. Thanks for tagging along guys!

Comment

Originally posted by ekstarr View Post
                      thanks for all the updates.

I have a '95 E320 wagon as well with the sportline upgrade - I couldn't recommend highly enough putting some Bilstein HDs and lower springs sets - my car has almost no body roll or nose dives upon braking.

Question for you - how did you paint your black pieces? and with what type of paint?

looks great!
                      Holy cow, I’m sorry for never answering your question back in June... I haven’t made a lot of progress and there has been a whirlwind of events with the car in the last several months so I have not had a chance to update here.

As for your question, the plastic bits under the hood and wiper pieces, I used krylon plastic spray paint. It worked incredibly well. For the door handles I used plasti-dip, once I get the car back I have a pretty good plan for the car and I will bring back the few chrome pieces.

Comment

good old alberta windshield

Comment

Working...
                        X