• Show
Clear All

• for an FTO i like it man
    Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

• Originally posted by PassionGarage View Post
      for an FTO i like it man
      Cheers man. I take what compliments I can get for this lump.

Comment

• Got my calipers back, guy was a champ and did the end fittings for me as well, which is fortunate for the time frame I have left. Finish is still not perfect, paint just didn't want to cooperate. But it's miles better than how they looked before obviously! They'll be covered in brake dust and road grime soon enough anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by bjk View Post
          Cheers man. I take what compliments I can get for this lump.
          haha no worries man !!
          nah its cool honestly its the nicest FTO I've seen

the brakes look awesome i love the yellow !!
          Passion Garage

Comment

haha no worries man !!
            nah its cool honestly its the nicest FTO I've seen

the brakes look awesome i love the yellow !!
            This one is isn't much to look at compared to some of the other guys on your end of the country! Mods are for the most part invisible haha. I've got most of a full body kit in the garage though when I can afford to have the paint and body overhauled.

I love the yellow too. Was inspired by a black WRX STi I found on the net, which had the silver RPF1s and yellow brakes.

Comment

• Two steps forward three steps back. Plus side all the Evo brake and suspension stuff is in and fits no worries. Downside is a broken non-captive nut in chassis for the front left control arm rear bracket/subframe bolt. Something's been done incorrectly in the past and now it requires some welding. Bracket was rigged up after it bent, so car is still drivable.

Meanwhile cheap other bracket for the rear sway bar drop link to rear control arm snapped as we knew it would. Just adding to the collection of clunks and rattles lol. Will get a piece of angle iron fabbed up for that. Thinking of grabbing a dirt cheap daily to use while this car is in for work given it'll be out of commission for a bit.

Comment

• Some non-potato cam pics. Hopefully moving parts car down to the new place coming tuesday, can then attend to radiator and that drop link sway bar bracket at least.

Comment

• Comment

• Got some shots from a free shoot I won and had late last year; miss that fitment.

Locked in a day to get the rad sorted, and mechanic will take the sway bar brackets to make a stronger version. Not long till he'll be off to Japan and I'll have to find someone else! D:

Comment

• as I've said before i usually **** FTO's ( only because it replaced the eclipse) but i love this one
                      Passion Garage

Comment

as I've said before i usually **** FTO's ( only because it replaced the eclipse) but i love this one
                        The Eclipse actually started production before the FTO and finished considerably later, so the FTO didn't quite replace it (especially since it was produced solely for Japan at first). I wonder what it would have been like if they were both marketed more broadly and produced in both LHD/RHD for their respective countries...

Comment

• Originally posted by bjk View Post
                          The Eclipse actually started production before the FTO and finished considerably later, so the FTO didn't quite replace it (especially since it was produced solely for Japan at first). I wonder what it would have been like if they were both marketed more broadly and produced in both LHD/RHD for their respective countries...

oh wow ok news to me !!
                          and yea ayy i think if the FTO was brought about more in more countries and that it would have a much larger fan base and more options to make a great platform even better, and even yourself adding evo parts and that just updates the look and gives it more of a optional base for parts !!!
                          i think honestly you have the nicest FTO I've ever seen
                          Passion Garage

Comment

oh wow ok news to me !!
                            and yea ayy i think if the FTO was brought about more in more countries and that it would have a much larger fan base and more options to make a great platform even better, and even yourself adding evo parts and that just updates the look and gives it more of a optional base for parts !!!
                            i think honestly you have the nicest FTO I've ever seen
                            It was popular enough as a grey import that the UK received some officially through their Ralliart branch. On the other hand of course, it is nice having something less common (even if people generally have a low opinion of it lol)

You flatter me with your compliments sir. The car needs a lot of exterior work before I'd be happy with it though, just lucky that it doesn't come up in pictures lol.

The guys below (among others) are where the top shit is at.

Comment

• oath !!!!
                              that front end looks rad reminds me of the 3000gt !!!! keeps the car so period correct as well thats rad !!!
                              Passion Garage

Comment

oath !!!!
                                that front end looks rad reminds me of the 3000gt !!!! keeps the car so period correct as well thats rad !!!
                                Yeah the FTO is kinda the little brother haha. The guy who owns the blue car produced the front bar along with a body shop in Canberra (I think). It's a lip for my the prefacelift style bar like my white car has, moulded onto the bottom of a stock facelift bar. So it keeps the body lines really well, and the fit is better than any other available aftermarket kit. He makes the matching skirts, a custom rear bar, fenders (which unfortunately are a nightmare to align), as well. I've got the front bar and skirts in the shed when I get around to painting. And I've got a stock facelift bar from the parts car, and the Version R spoiler to tide me over till that happens.

Red one is custom turbo, at the moment 187kw atw @ 12PSI on 98 fuel and he's yet to have the tune retouched.

Comment

Working...
                                X