No announcement yet.

Vanilla Fitment - '95 FTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a new gear knob, fixed a starting issue which turned out to be an expired o ring near the fuel rail that was letting petrol leak out and not keep pressure.

Leaking oil like a bitch, haha. And took some pics.

Comment

Pretty neat car! I had no idea such a car was made!

I don't get how the cop got you for excessive oil leaks? Was he just being a dick?
      -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
      '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
      '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Cheers. It's part of the reason I like it that they're not very common, even though there's a few here in Australia.

Well, he saw me, decided to follow me since I'm a sports car, then pulled me over as my rear tyres were bald (oops), and then had a look inside the engine bay, saw it was a bit wet, and had a look under the car and noticed it was dropping fluid.

It's a bit of misleading rule, really. Because basically if you are dropping any oil onto the road it's considered excessive. I was fortunate to get it past inspection really, haha.

Comment

Finally got damage fixed from hitting a kangaroo, just over 11 months on. New left headlight is both fortunately and unfortunately significantly clearer than the right haha.

Comment

I live and breath for FTO's, ever since playing Forza when I was a kid. I'd love to have them in the US!!!
            '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
            '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
            '01 BMW 740iL
            Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Originally posted by bennkishh View Post
              I live and breath for FTO's, ever since playing Forza when I was a kid. I'd love to have them in the US!!!
              Someone should sneak one over!

Comment

Movin' on

So, had a good run with this car. Will probably be close to two years by the time it's gone, but it's onwards and a step to the left so to speak!

A member on FTOAustralia bought a 2008 BMW 135i, and can't afford to keep two cars, so he's moving on his FTO at such a good price that the more I thought about it, the more tempting it was. Ironically, it was a conversation with my partner that convinced me it was an idea with merit (she has since changed her mind, lol) so come January 6th it'll be in my hands! But enough of the narration, here are the pertinent deets.

1995 FTO GPX in white (same year as mine current hah)
                5 speed manual with a Cusco LSD
                Rebuilt Engine done 40xxx KMs
                Hurricane extractors + straight through to muffler
                Custom intake pipe
                324x30mm 33GTR front rotors with WRX STi 4-pot Brembo calipers
                BC BR coilovers
                18x8.0 Advan Racing wheels
                Poly bushes
                Megan Racing camber + toe arms
                Front Version R strut brace
                Larger rear sway bar
                Battery (new) relocated to boot
                Replica Recaro bucket seats
                Interior pieces: suede steering wheel, carbon gear knob, new stereo surround plastics
                Clear side indicators
                Facelift Factory Ts front bar unpainted (same as I have on my current car)
                Dcuatro side skirts unpainted
                And basically a years worth of registration that I can get refunded once I have the car registered in my home state.

All for the handsome sum of $4600 (I paid $4000 for my silver one with just lowered springs and a front strut bar!). The parts alone are probably worth more than the car. The big positives with this is that I can swap all the goodies from my car; the facelift headlights, rear strut bar, and wheels (if they clear the Brembos! Fingers crossed). And sell anything I have doubles of; intake, extractors, sway bar. I'm keen to finally have a manual (and LSD to boot, not cheap or easy to come across in an FTO), though it will be hard to let go of the silver colour I've become fond of.

Updates in the meantime will probably be pretty sparse! Here's some pics.

Comment

excellent. when you swap the headlights, take the foggy one to a detailer and have him buff it out. or do it yourself. also, please for the love of street boxing kangaroos, do not swap your front bar off the gray car onto this one. it was right ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                    excellent. when you swap the headlights, take the foggy one to a detailer and have him buff it out. or do it yourself. also, please for the love of street boxing kangaroos, do not swap your front bar off the gray car onto this one. it was right ugly.
                    Haha, a fan of the prefacelift bar, eh? It will stay like it is for a while at least, because getting a good paint job on body kits is expensive. Final plan will be to have the same bar though. It's the best option that isn't the regular facelift bar. (which I will also be acquiring. I'll be swapping the bar on the silver car with a mate's facelift).

In the interim of swapping parts I'll be polishing the headlight like you suggested. Be a lot easier when it's out of the car. Having said that it is tempting to just take it to a detailer and get them to tidy up everything else like the faded rubber and whatnot. Depends on cost.

Comment

Love it on the RPF1's!
                      Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
                      check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

Originally posted by bjk View Post

That's a nice booty

Comment

Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
                          Love it on the RPF1's!
                          As do I! I'm torn though. The black rims on the white car are alright, but I'm not particularly partial to them and I'll probably move them on. I'd really like to try fitting some 18x9.5 +15 RPF1s, but in some ways I feel it's a bit of a waste to buy the "same" rims again. There are a few other options that are affordable, but not sure what I'll do at the moment.
                          Originally posted by paulinations View Post
                          That's a nice booty
                          It's pretty fine. Just wish it was a tad lower at the rear. You need a different rear bar or skirt to get it closer to the ground (unless you're doing major work like _sanchez_)

Comment

Looks very good.

Comment

love these damn cars....nice work man...

and damn you got some crazy laws in regards to to car modifications. I thought I had some shitty laws to deal with in Caligornia but shit at least ī dpnt gptta worry about wheel roating diameter!

Low n' Slow
                              Twitter/IG: ChicoChiefer
                              1996 Saturn SW2 DD in progress
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67883

Comment

A detailer will just put a trim dressing on the plastics and what not. Better off painting what you can because it just dries up after a month or so depending on the product.

Comment

Working...
                                X