Vanilla Fitment - '95 FTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
    Nice job cleaning this thing up, very cool car, and those TE37s look great. Shame a cop ruined your spoiler, hopefully they ended up compensating you for it at least.
    Thanks! Still not as clean as I'd like, but it's getting there slowly haha. It took ages but I did end up getting compensation, which even counting the lost money from the value of the spoiler still paid for the majority of the TE37s so it worked out in the end! And tbh I don't mind the PFL one either.

Here's a couple potato-cam pics from the test fit. Tomorrow I'm booked to have the coilovers raised a little, and an alignment with a bit of camber to help squeeze the tyres under the guards (which are going to have to get a pretty aggressive roll/pump).

Comment

• Pieces of the puzzle gradually arriving...

Comment

• First lot of 'real' photos with the new shoes. Asides from a few niggling fitment issues (bumper tab eating my left front tyre), I'm pretty happy with it.

Comment

• Oooooh turbo bits!
          sigpic
          Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

• Originally posted by EricT93 View Post
            Oooooh turbo bits!
            Yesss. Finally going to move faster than a slug haha

Comment

• The TE looks amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                The TE looks amazing
                Thanks man I was kinda kicking myself because a set of 18s came up not long after I got them, but these are in much better condition (and I didn't need to buy tyres)

Comment

• Caught the tail end of a local end of year car cruise with another FTO buddy, a bit of a bittersweet sensation seeing the likeness of my old car in the rear view mirror.

Comment

• Well, a few things have happened since the last post.

It started here.

This came out.

This went in.

And then she went back together slightly grubbier than before.

Just needs intercooler and exhaust piping done, tie rod ends, a rounded nut on a brake line fixed, a wheel alignment and a tyre replaced (damn nails), and fingers crossed she'll be good to go!

Have a folder of pics if you're interested in seeing more of what went on behind the scenes: https://www.flickr.com/photos/129206...57678198786802

Comment

• Finally moved it to the fab shop. Now we wait again.

Comment

• Lovely !
                        A shame we don't see more of those here in Europe !

Comment

• Originally posted by Cormor View Post
                          Lovely !
                          A shame we don't see more of those here in Europe !
                          They seem to mostly get around the UK, until they perish of rust anyway lol. I have a friend in our FTO club in Bulgaria though, with a boosted GS.

Comment

• So many months later and the only thing that got done was the intercooler being mounted.

It's gone off to another shop now with a less overburdened schedule, maybe another week or two until we're on the road again with a significant dent in my wallet hah. On the plus side, having had it sit for so long means I can get the hi-flow cat and 3" cat-back done all at once, plus a catch can etc.

Comment

• Progress! Exhaust is done except for the last little bit of it. Only have a couple pics from when I was down there this afternoon but most of it is visible. 2.5" custom dump pipes into a 3" collector. High flow cat, Magnaflow res and muffler to hopefully keep me under the decibel limit lol. Onto the engine bay side of things next.

Comment

• Exhaust looks seriously well done, awesome fabbing skillz right there
                                My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Working...
                                X