No announcement yet.

Vanilla Fitment - '95 FTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a wheel alignment, and took it out for a spin to once again see how the modifications stacked up.

Didn't get a vid of a proper run (would have been almost more boring than this because I was stuck behind people half the time lol), but here's a short one.

Comment

• Factory foglights in.

Comment

• Did an over 4000 km round trip for our 10th annual FTO Australia club bonfire. Leaked out a bit of oil like I expected but we survived! Have a noise that sounds like a clutch bearing tho, so back to the shop it'll have to go :|

Took a lot of pics on the way there was I was driving solo and could stop whenever I liked.

Full albums here if interested: https://www.flickr.com/photos/129206829@N05/albums

Comment

• Been a while since i checked this and got to say it's coming along pretty nicely(besides the various hits, broken running gear and so on lol).

I was expecting to see it finally in lotus yellow(or any multilayer metallic yellow) but i guess calipers will be enough for now.

Jokes aside, it's really awesome, loving how it looks all around!

>>> Facebook (O \ . / O) Instagram (Oo=V=oO) Shop <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by BB's Original View Post
            Been a while since i checked this and got to say it's coming along pretty nicely(besides the various hits, broken running gear and so on lol).

I was expecting to see it finally in lotus yellow(or any multilayer metallic yellow) but i guess calipers will be enough for now.

Jokes aside, it's really awesome, loving how it looks all around!
            Haha, thanks man. (Been a while since I checked on this thread too... whoops. New forum controls threw me off). It's a bit one step forward two back with this thing.

No yellow paint yet! But in hindsight there've been a few eventful things.

Got defected (oops, my bad)

When I went to get the defect cleared at the police station, the cop closed my boot by holding my spoiler (my battery is there hence why it was open) and broke it basically irreparably. This was in April and I'm STILL pursuing my claim for compensation after being bounced between three different departments.

Had a guy on the FTO forum buy a car across the other side of the country and pass through, so we went on a cruise. And he got defected in his 99% stock car. For the paint being different than what was on rego, and because the pedal rubber on his clutch was missing (fell off when he was driving on the highway the week previous. Needless to say, he appealed it, and it was thrown out lol.

Then there was some stuffing around with my stepper motor. Then there was a stuffed harmonic balancer/main crank pulley. Which turned out to be a worn crankshaft keyway... good thing this motor is coming out!

Otherwise, have majority of the parts collected for the twin turbo conversion, emailed a shop who's well known for working with these engines to see what costs I'm up for.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Somebody is keen on my spoiler to fix it up (good luck to them I say, but if they want it I'm not gonna refuse lol). So this afternoon after swapping a slightly frayed alternator belt I went for a zip through the hills and took some quick pics before I slapped the stock spoiler and boot back on.

Comment

• shame about the spoiler dude.
                Always liked the styling of the FTO, great lines and with some TLC, you'd never guess their age looking at them.

Comment

• Originally posted by screescree View Post
                  shame about the spoiler dude.
                  Always liked the styling of the FTO, great lines and with some TLC, you'd never guess their age looking at them.
                  Yeah, it was a bit of a bummer! Got back what I paid for it and more, but miss having it. End of the day though, with what I'll be doing to the car in future, having a less attention-grabbing wing on the back will probably be helpful haha.
                  Styling was the initial draw-card, some details (especially rear tail lights) date them a bit, but I have had someone ask if I bought my last one new.

Comment

• Getting my fitment game back on.

The ol' classic Volk Rays TE37 17x9.0 +22

Comment

• Awwweeee yeah son!
                      sigpic
                      Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

• Originally posted by EricT93 View Post
                        Awwweeee yeah son!
                        So much $$$ but man, so worth it hahah. Only one has a few scratches in the lip from being loaded on a trailer, otherwise I'm told they've done like 1500km around a track and then sat in storage for years.

Comment

• A little teaser, excuse the filthy car lol

Comment

• Not something you see everyday...i really like it! Cool looking little car.

needs moar lows

Comment

• Originally posted by E30cruiser View Post
                              Not something you see everyday...i really like it! Cool looking little car.
                              Cheers man! It's nice to have something a little uncommon (but not too rare that you can't ever repair it haha)

Comment

• Nice job cleaning this thing up, very cool car, and those TE37s look great. Shame a cop ruined your spoiler, hopefully they ended up compensating you for it at least.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                                "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                                SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X