Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilovers, Subframe loud bangs on the road

Hey guys,

First of all the car is a 2008 civic lx-sr sedan.

Im currently lowered on some coilovers, Im not tucking wheels or anything (but pretty much flush) The problem is that on some bumps (Not potholes but some weird bumps like this:

The subframe/Where the lower control arm attach hit pretty damn hard sometimes, It makes a huge bang lol (And squeezing my buttcheeks to make it hit softer doesnt work)

that is how low it is sitting from the ground (the ground might be uneven but it'S kinda low)

Is there anyway to tweak this or to at least prevent any critical damage ?
    On my everyday road there's only one bump that does that and I can easily avoid it.
    But when im on unknown grounds and places thaT I know that have those, it's almost scary lol.

thanks

raise the car
    [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
    instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerspotter View Post
      raise the car
      it's actually not that lowered.
      If it wasnt about this part of the frame, I wouldnt hit anywhere
      I never scrape nor hit the road unless it's a crappy weird crack / dent in the road.

Im looking for an alternative to keep the same height while protecting this. (if there's any way)

here's how it is:

Last edited by デイブ; 04-27-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

get a skid plate. it seems hondas of all years have this problem, things hanging too low in front of the wheels so they catch the ground. I'm sure there is a skid plate somewhere available for your car
        [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
        instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerspotter View Post
          get a skid plate. it seems hondas of all years have this problem, things hanging too low in front of the wheels so they catch the ground. I'm sure there is a skid plate somewhere available for your car
          Was thinking about this
          Might get one custom made unless a real one is cheaper ehehe
          Thanks

Ill wait for other answers in case there's anything else possible.

Comment

Working...
          X