No announcement yet.

BDC Porsche 964 C4 build - wide body conversion, airride, wheels and headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BDC Porsche 964 C4 build - wide body conversion, airride, wheels and headaches

current situation:

and the build.....

Last year, I sold my '87 911 3.2 to a friend after only having it for a short while, partly because I was still longing for an 964 with it's modernized suspension and various other things.

I spent the winter looking for a new one, and found this 1990 Carrera 4 in december:

Originally sold as new in California, it was imported (back) to Germany where I bought it from. The previous owner had gone through the engine quite well and the car in very good shape otherwise too.

Already before getting the car, I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do with it. I'm a big fan of widebody 911's, however RWB cars and such are a bit too much for me. I considered various options but didn't feel like using fibre glass parts, on the other hand welding on turbo flares would've been too "clean" and also outside of my skill level. So I opted for soemthing in between, which I haven't seen done much, I went with using OEM turbo parts including steel fenders but bolted them on. This was more tricky then I had thought, for one the fenders are intended as repair parts and to be welded on, so they fit about 99% right when simply bolted on. The side skirts had to be modified because the hardware is different sized and shaped than non-turbo. bumpers were a slightly easier job...

Aside from the bodywork, we will put in Airrex struts paired with Accuair e-level, I'm hoping this to be the best possible air system for this car and I have very high hopes for it in terms of performance. The engine will see some minor upgrades but I will update on that later on. I should have new wheels in a few weeks, more about that later too..

So, this is what I've spent most of the early spring doing on night shift...

OEM turbo parts including fender arches, bumpers, side skirts, and various other bits and pieces.

test fitting one of the rear fenders

grindiiiiin

front fender and bumper fitting

modifying the side skirts

halfway done
    Last edited by mikebagel; 07-22-2014, 05:37 PM.

The BDC GARAGE / Audi Q5 STLTHPRJKT / Audi A4 APR stg3+ / Porsche 964 C4 airride / Aircooled Dpt
    www.bdcfamilia.com | facebook.com/bdcfamilia | @BDCFAMILIA (Instagram)

body work almost finished...

and this is happening next:

The BDC GARAGE / Audi Q5 STLTHPRJKT / Audi A4 APR stg3+ / Porsche 964 C4 airride / Aircooled Dpt
    www.bdcfamilia.com | facebook.com/bdcfamilia | @BDCFAMILIA (Instagram)

Comment

Nice start, well done

Comment

we want more
        we really like it
        we want more...

Comment

oh yes. this will turn out beautiful

Comment

In!

Comment

So hyped on this build, sub'd for porche

Comment

Oh so nice this will be! Look forward to seeing more.

Comment

I like where this is headed.

Comment

oh yes
                    '83 Porsche 944 build

Comment

I like where this is headed
                      sigpic
                      1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                      1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

subscribed

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Well then, Ill stick around for some updates.
                          There will always be someone driving something nicer than yours. Just don't park next to that guy!

IG: @Thee_Deported

Comment

In for more awesomeness!

Comment

Nice to see that someone is taking a different route than the typical RWB widebody's

Comment

Working...
                              X