No announcement yet.

1991 Mazda RX7 - From junk, to showcar in $3,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool build, love the intro! Read all 7 pages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post

XXXX
      HARAJUKU NIGHTS 1996 現ぅ囲
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
        Okay, now we're talking! That set is fire.

Originally posted by DaPrez View Post
        Cool build, love the intro! Read all 7 pages.

Originally posted by Shikeira View Post
        HARAJUKU NIGHTS 1996 現ぅ囲

Comment

• Been driving the car.

Taking 1-hour and 2-hour drives to build confidence in long distance driving with this car. Some day I would really like to drive it to the ocean.

This weekend was a 4-hour drive. Performed wonderfully. It was just me and my dream car come true. Had my music up, blasting through mountain roads, living the dream.

Got to the lake.

Man, I've missed this.

XXXX
          Last edited by Miroteknik; 07-26-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Guys.....

Went for a drive last week, heard a light ticking in the engine when I got back. Thought it was another exhaust leak I'd address the next morning.

Got up the next morning, fired up the car, tick is much louder, and more like a knock.

I listened around and it sounded like the knock was towards the bottom of the engine. Started doing research and listening to youtube compilations of knocking engines.

Its definitely an internal knock.

I was really mad at first, but realized something. I was going to drive the car to Seattle that weekend, and I imagined how pissed I would have been if this had happened 2 hours into the 5 hour drive there.
            Anyway I guess the legend ends here. It has been 3 months exactly that I've had the car. 90 days of summer. 90 days of bliss. But like all good things, our days were numbered.

Now that its over, I guess I'll share the last few pics I haven't posted yet and say my goodbyes.

Its been real.

XXXX
            Last edited by Miroteknik; 09-07-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Damn man, I'm so sad right know

Comment

• Man, it's always over budget for builds. But it pays off to go the extra mile to do it right.
                Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

• Reeebuild!

Comment

• Originally posted by onenonlyop
                    These damn whips. I’ve always wanted one but intimidated by owning one lol.
                    why, what could possibly go wrong?
                    Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                    Damn man, I'm so sad right know
                    life keeps beatin me down man
                    Originally posted by AirRideGoesPsssssh View Post
                    Man, it's always over budget for builds. But it pays off to go the extra mile to do it right.
                    doing it right def helps
                    Originally posted by PUNKMETHOD View Post
                    Reeebuild!
                    i guess..

Heres the knock for anyone interested in diagnosing the heart condition through a potato cell phone video

Comment

• That's a knock. If you can get the oil pan off, you can do the bearings. It won't get rid of the scoring/damage that has already been done, but you'd be very surprised how long an engine will go with just new bearings on the affected rod/main.

You just got to where this thing was making you feel human feels again for the first time in forever. Don't ditch that over a weekend repair.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

• ^ I get where you're coming from but Miro already said he didn't want to just have it last 3 months. Therefore full rebuild or new motor are the easiest solutions with arguably the least amount of headache/money/time
                        2 328i e36's
                        Saabaru linear 2.5na
                        Various projects.
                        sigpic
                        Intro;
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Sup fam wus good wid it. As ya'll know, I BLEW THE ENGINE terrorizing the streets. But when the engine started knocking, I slowed-up and parked the car, cause ya boi don't like making a bad situation worse.

I started looking for a new engine. Posted an ad up and got a few hits. In the meantime, my friends were starting to wonder why I wasn't ripping around town like usual. I told them about the knock. They came over to look at the car and listen to the knock, and all of them said "its not that bad, man". Lol um ok, sweaty... but I still need to get into the engine to figure out what was causing it. I finally got some shop availability, so I drove the car 15 miles there. When I got to the spot, I got out and stood there for a second.

There was a wonderful sound. The sound of 8 magnificent cylinders working in love and harmony, but there was something missing.

THERE WAS NO KNOCK......

Where did it go? I got in the car and revved it up, still nothing. Ok? Rod knock doesn't just disappear does it? Spun bearings don't un-spin themselves, do they?

Well...

There is no knock therefore there is no problem. This is no regular engine. This is a self-healing engine.

Not sure what's going on, but decided not to tear into the engine. Gonna continue driving it till the knock comes back or something else happens.
                          We had some fires around here, everything was smokin so I went out to take some snaps.

Then got some late-night-miso

I don't even know.
                          Last edited by Miroteknik; 09-07-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Oh yeah.

Comment

• Awesome video! It sounds healthy. That's so weird but I'm glad everything is all good!
                              http://cdn.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17224

Comment

• I admire your positivity, I would be terrorized by the self-healing knock LOL like, what if it comes back kicking the door, worse than before and screaming "here I am knocking like a hurricane"?

the rest of the car is still super cool tho

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Working...
                                X