Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Quote Originally Posted by anth View Post
    Does anyone have Gotti's in Aus? I'd love a set, but don't have anything to run them on.
    was a set of gotti cups kicking around VWW for a while, sure there is more
    Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastienPeek View Post
    One day, Gotti's would look perfect on a super beetle.

Does anyone have Gotti's in Aus? I'd love a set, but don't have anything to run them on.
    There was a red MK1 for sale last year that had the same as the above ones^^^^ but I can't say I've seen too many others out there.

I dunno if it's just me but bugs with poke just don't do it for me. Gotta be slammed and tucking.

I agree, and steelies work best IMO....however some of the classic VW/Porsche wheels look great too.

The ones on the red mk1 weren't quite the same. Don't think they were splits and I think had more spokes. None the less gotties in aus are few and far between.

anyone know what the standard centre bore size is for ssr.
    They are 5x114.3 schwarz
    Its somewhere between 72 and 74, but id like to know exactly so i can order hubrings.
    Need to get more measuring tools as caliper guage doesnt fit in most wheels unless they are split.

Also did these come anodised from factory? Im assuming thats what it is as its too tidy for clearcoat (plus i cant correct it using paint products) and its not raw.

Struggling to find a whole heap about them on the net.

Also just noticed the rear barrel folds back on itself near the bead, whats the deal with that? Never seen it before on any wheels i owned
    Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

SSR's website usually lists what centre bore options are available for what wheels in certain stud patterns, have you had a look there? It usually says something like 5x98 - 5x112 is 70mm and then 5x114.3 - 5x130 is 73mm, or something similar. Also, I'm 99% sure they're anodised, even the old school MK2's and MK3's etc are anodised from 20 odd years ago as there's no way to get marks or scratches out of the lips without stripping and re-polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony--t View Post
    The ones on the red mk1 weren't quite the same. Don't think they were splits and I think had more spokes. None the less gotties in aus are few and far between.
    You're right about them not being the same, they were the 6 spoke ones....but definitely splits. This is the only pics I can find of it.

Had a quick look but the wheels are no longer sold and the others are either bigger or smaller.
    Yeah thought they were. Oh well, they are clean enough to look ok from 1m+

Valver tax!

Just bought 4x new valve stems from Work

Just bought 4x new valve stems from Work

What was that worth if you don't mind me asking?

$74USD shipped. Was cheaper to go through Work USA than Japan, go figure.

Fingers get pretty sore polishing RS's by hand.
    Haven't worked on them in the last couple of months, been busy.
    They will be finished soonish though.

Fark, I do not envy you at all haha

fuck that would take me 10 years haha

Cool anth.

By the time you finish them all the first one will need doing again

I don't envy you either, but I think it's great to be able to say you did it yourself!

I even cringe when I see people polish their own lips(let alone centres)....I've got a great polisher that's so reasonably priced, I can't imagine doing it myself.

Great job on those rs! I wouldn't have the patience.

I wanted that red mk1 on gottis so bad. Missed out last time it was for sale and haven't heard of it since...

Quote Originally Posted by Beware View Post
    I don't envy you either, but I think it's great to be able to say you did it yourself!

I even cringe when I see people polish their own lips(let alone centres)....I've got a great polisher that's so reasonably priced, I can't imagine doing it myself.
    im in that boat haha
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

pfft, just buy all the new things and bolt them on!!!

I still get new lips repolished(for $20, why not) as I don't think the finish is that great usually. Especially if I'm using OEM lips for 2 of the wheels and getting them freshly polished, because they then look way better, so the aftermarket ones need to match.

I just had a brain fart...
    I used to own a set of Modena's, with all the caps, nuts, centres and spring clips... Paid $70 for them on eBay a few years ago and couldn't get them drilled to 5x98. I'v since half converted the Alfa to 5x114.3 and now regret giving the Modena's to my brother who just sold them anyway... So every set I see has no centre caps etc... I work and program a CNC. Has anyone got all the caps etc and gear to take accurate measurements?

Only problem is I don't have access to a lot of alu' so everything would be in 316SS, nice and shiny!
    I could machine the nut and centre caps [No Auto Strada wording though...], but I'd make 2 part press to make the plate/cap from flat sheet.

Anyone want to keep me interested at work?

Bflat might be able to help. The badges and pins them to be missing on most sets,
    Usually still have plate and hex though don't they

Yeah badge and pin are usually gone, but still, most sets I see for sale have caps and nut missing. Just seen a set on ebay missing the lot and had the idea.

Ive got 1 plastic cap which isn't the pin type. Happy to lend it out for replicating if I can secure a set also.

Feel free to PM me mate