Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of wheel bolts.
    Picking up some SSR Varden Sports this weekend. (test sturgeys memory...)
    There is 6-8 bolts missing, this doesnt worry me too much, but if I can get them cheap somewhere without buying a whole new set that would be sick.
    Anyone have any ideas? i did a quick google search and ebay search so far without much luck
    Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

They actually look a little brighter in this photo, but it's the only one I've got for now. I'm not sure how that pic will look on your monitor, but on mine the bolts on the left side look a bit duller than the right side and that's more so how they look in the flesh.

I can try and get a better one, and a comparison one with my BBS to see how much more gold they are?

I've been dragging my arse with getting these on the car, but moving house will do that....hopefully in the next few weeks they'll be on!!

Comment

Ooh I like that, that's the sort of colour I'd be after. Where'd you get those from?

Comment

Unfortunately I don't know where they came from as they came with the wheels when I bought them in pieces. They could very well just be older and faded, but they're in really good nick otherwise so I doubt it. I did buy 5 spares from Felgenfuchs as 2 were rooted and couldn't be used. The colour is close, but it's a tiny bit brighter, like somewhere between the really yellowy ones I have and those on the ACS. Thankfully in amongst 34 other bolts, you can't tell.....but it was more the shape of the head I needed to match, and the colour just happened to be close which was good.

With heaps of companies making and selling gold bolts, it's really just a lottery of how bright or dull they'll be....sorry I can't be of more help, but they are out there!

Comment

I wish I could just go to a shop and buy some. I mean, the wheels are welded so I don't need anything rated. Nut and bolt shops only have regular hardware bolts or cap screws, though. Buying online will be a bit of a gamble as to what the colour will be.

Anyone have any websites?

Comment

I've used Felgenfuchs as above. Check pictures of my last set of RS for gold bolts
              Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

Hmm looks like that site only sells chrome gold, too bling blang for me.

Meanwhile, sanding sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
                  Hmm looks like that site only sells chrome gold, too bling blang for me.

Meanwhile, sanding sucks...

I need to that to mine, looks pretty good.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

fucking ceebs that
                    www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

Better than sanding lips, at least it's all flat. Pretty sure I've still got some sanding marks visible even after going up to 2000 (pic was taken at about 600), but I'm just gonna polish and be done with it, won't be able to tell from standing distance.

Anyone know of a nice silver paint (rattle can), after something nice and bright alloy colour, but no fake chrome shit.

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
                        Better than sanding lips, at least it's all flat. Pretty sure I've still got some sanding marks visible even after going up to 2000 (pic was taken at about 600), but I'm just gonna polish and be done with it, won't be able to tell from standing distance.

Anyone know of a nice silver paint (rattle can), after something nice and bright alloy colour, but no fake chrome shit.
                        VHT, best shit out of a can....

My ccw centres are vht alloy.
                        Originally posted by anth
                        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

shitty insta pic...

Originally posted by anth
                          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Thanks bawce.

Currently looking into new valve stems from Work.

Comment

Gave them some autosol love, just by hand with a rag. Got a decent shine out of them, but it's a dull shine (see the reflection of the tube as a guide). Usually I'd be happy with that, but next to the lips it's a huge difference. Will have to get the dremel on to them I guess.

Comment

maybe try a different metal polish like purple?
                                www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

Working...
                                X