No announcement yet.

Finally, E34 Touring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any info on these curtains? I'm looking to make my own and I'm curious how you did yours.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Sorry for the huge delay, half of my day was needed to write this haha!

was having a few issues engine bay wise, so it all had to come apart!

1) Cleaning/Polishing
      2) Replacing Blower Motor
      3) Organizing/Wire Tucking
      4) Fixing three power steering leaks
      5) Replacing the broken auxiliary fan finally
      6) Replacing Alternator w/ Refurbished Bosch Unit

wires everywhere, no organization, dirt everywhere.... definitely a no go.

this was one of the MAIN power steering leaks,
      yeeeesh i mean wow did this sucker cause me lots of money lol

ate through the paint on the frame rail

broken vs working

took out the crash beams to give them a thorough clean.

we picked up a parts cleaner for our garage (50$) and I was the first to put it to use

got a new blower motor while I was there

new vs/ old

feel like the blower motors never been replaced in its 21 years

right at home

I ended up getting a horrible sunburn from being out in the 90 degree cali sun all day, so I borrowed a friends tent and kept on working

slowly getting there....

Fire Wall plate looks so clean!

OEM Bosch 140amp Alternator that was re-furbished by Bosch and comes with lifetime warranty

we keep going even through darkness

New stuff. Hose Clamps, CHF 11S Power steering fluid that's expensive as ____
      coolant, and special high pressure BMW power steering hoses.

my solution to one of the three power steering leaks

the second being this hose (new hose and new clamps)

alternator sitting right at home

how it looked at the end of the night, engine bay done for the most part, just had a few quinks left and fluids...

BLAM! Running No leaks, Alternator charges better than ever, and the blower motor runs like a champ.

Side by side with my brothers beeeeater 525i that gets abused

had this issue of the check engine coming on and off whenever it had wanted...

threw it back together partially and took it out for some photos

not too shabby for some static fitment that isnt coilovers

got the front end put back together and all the front lights with new adjuster clips and finally aligned for the first time ever!

anyways, ordered some maintenance stuff to get rid of the check engine hopefully
      Got two **NEW** Bosch oxygen sensors!
      Got a slave cylinder as well to fix my clutch pedal
      Also got a pretty rare cap for the manual V8 Clutch Fluid Resevoir

also read that one of my lamba codes could be due to a clogged fuel rail/injector so off went the fuel rail

left is the old rail, right is the less milage rail

(yes the lesser mile one was cleaned before being thrown back in)

cleaned up the intake mani while I was there

all back together and looking tidy

this is the next day after putting thirty miles on it

tuckage in the rear

finally washed it after a whole month

anyways, sliding with heavy 19's never does any good to the CV Joints... I ended up blowing up three of them

where the car usually is anyways

interior was thrown back together

got it back up and running the next day

at this point in time, my tags were up for two months, LOL

anyways, gave the car a thorough clean again

got rid of the yellow highbeams :/

went to a huge car meet tuesday, atleast over 300 cars (photo is me w. my highschool car guys)

also met up with alot of my e34 boys and took a group shot as well!

went on a quick shoot with my boy samy and his 540i

some imbecile wrote on my car as well

blew a tire on one of my style 95's so I decided to retire them and throw on the 17" style 32's but the blue was a horrid color, so I went through a solid debate on which color I should go with.

i know people normally dont affiliate their personal life with build threads, but ill just add this in:

I've been playing football since I was 6, and my Senior year of highshool we won the CIF Championship game (the superbowl basically) won two more games and then ended up loosing in the California State Championship game :/
      Either way, I enjoyed the season, and had fun. Enough with the talk, heres some photos, then back to the swagon!

and based god himself:

thats it for the football sorry for the OT...

anyways, decided on what color to paint the wheels

new logos and valve stem caps

stud conversion? yes.

paint came in! Had to distort the picture though to hide the color bcus at the time it was a suprise...

second time ordering rear speakers...

ordered the proper cats for my car

finally got the window tint in the mail (5% and 20%) and the yellow film

also got my curtains

this ended up happening a week later

^yes, three lugs stripped off into the hub. beautiful.

It rained in SD again

One of my homeboy's picked up a bagged E46 and brought it by

ended up replacing the whole strut since the three lugs broke off into the hub, oh btw yea when the lugs broke off, the wheel came off and destroyed the fender...

fixing things as usual

some rust

On my to do list for a while was pre-face lifted fenders that have the signal delete.
      took the time to pickup a mint condition pre facelifted black fender.

good as used

Rear speakers replaced...

Some of you might not like the fact that I used the kenwood grilles rather than the stock ones,
      but guess what. I dont like it either, but the clips for the oem grills broke so its like this for now :/

Finally got the new PA Speaker purchased and installed

steeeeeeealth

done. clocked out at 3:00AM :/

Then what I've been wanting to do for a whileeeeeeeee
      Window tint! (5% for the three back windows)

20% Rear Windows

Plus sunshades! (like the ones Mercedes come stock with, you can see out of them but not into them)

Blends in so well, look like both windows are 5% but the rear doors actually a 20% with a curtain

Material Matches with the suede too

Modified vs. pure glass

finally the moment of color choice...

prepped for paint

fresh out of my shed... *ergh i mean paint booth.

New caps for the wheels

Valve stem caps as well...

Last wash with the style 95's

Super wonk ahaha

Stud conversion in process

I had upgraded the front brakes to carbon ceramics a month back, and i finally have time to install the rears!
      *Definitely recommend ProStop fyi

Mounted and all good to go! Photo is during the process of swapping rear trailing arms on my brothers e30 touring...
      (i dont get payed enough for this I swear)

Not only is it a rare imported e30 touring, but now it has the 5 lug rear wheel swap

New pads, rotors, Bushings all around!

My brother finally got his beater W114 out of the garage finally for those of you who noticed the middle garage bay open and my car in it

His daily, the W114 that I had posted a pic of prior ( @bearded_muscle )

My brother and I threw on the 2015 f250 front end conversion for our 2002 Ford Excursion, sent it down to TJ to get painted and it came out looking amazing.

chopped the front, I mean lowered the front more. Cars too low and I can no longer fit my jack beneath it anymore

four months later, still trying to fix the Check Engine Code issues, and actually smog my car since at this point I believe I was 4 months over expiration on my tags

some random photos

One of my biggest pet peeves is disorganization, im a perfectionist,
      so I devised a plan to hide the USB wire so that when I hook up my phone the wire isnt everywhere...

Stupid Clean

Comes out from under the telephone for super stealth.

The cord is also 10 feet long, so if my passengers in the rear would like to play music or charge there phone they can do so easily.
      The cord winds back up into its slot under the phone too, its an awesome setup!

Also had this idea in the works for awhile and finally got to it!

The remote is to the radio! The passengers in the rear have the ability to mute/pause/play raise or lower the volume
      if they choose to do so. Its wireless and amazing.

Went out and took some photos, Enjoy!

Interior is pretty far sorted and possibly about as modified as its going to get for a while until something gets changed up.

It rained for a solid two days in SD, killed a tire, so on went the spare

pls dont mind the dirty car haha

All that camber wear on the old tire :/

okay so changing topics over to the smog/illegal registration

still running around with expired tags 6 months later, so i decided to bang out repairing the engine harness to see if it would resolve my issue.
      photo is off a split in the harness caused by the exhaust shop that had thrown on my new catalytic converters. The shop didn't hang the o2 wiring back in the proper spot (nor did they bolt the exhaust back up properly either ) therefor the wiring was hanging and got caught on speed bumps and eventually shredded to bits causing many more issues and headaches.

The Repair

My form of heat conduction! To increase longevity of this "repair"

All wrapped up, fully connected, insulated, and masked.

Hung in their proper locations for the first time in a while. Note the *horrible welds on the cats I might add. Plus I already have an exhaust leak from their work.
      Not going back to that exhaust shop.

After I had hooked everything back up, I started the car back up after it had been disconnected for a few hours, No CEL drove it around and it still had the acceleration issue where it felt like it was hauling an elephant so I unplugged the maf again to be able to accelerate and drove it to school the next day. Took it into auto shop to test emissions to see if now id at least pass smog...

Still horrible news, putting out way too many emissions on the emissions test even after hooking up the MAF and letting it idle/run for a solid twenty minutes. As I was preparing to give up shop, I had forgotten about the issue and left the maf hooked up. I drove off and didn't even notice that the acceleration issue had merely disappeared, i was getting amazing mpg, and the car idled beautifully. So somehow some magic sorcery fixed my car and now for the first time ever in my cars two years of ownership, it no longer has a check engine light, idles better than it ever did, and even pulls like a dream. Next couple of steps on the road to getting smogged would be to get the proper catalytic converters that i have sitting in my room installed, put miles on the car, and last and finally get the car smogged.

and thats about it for this huge update hope you enjoyed and sorry it was such a long read ahah, comments and criticism welcome, thanks guys.

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

that took me like 30 minutes lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
          that took me like 30 minutes lmfao
          my b bro haha! but regarding the curtains, this is where I got my'n from excellent quality, easy to install (takes probably 15 minutes), only issue is the 3m tape it comes with is on the cheaper scale. Go out and buy a proper roll for 7$ and your set.
          We need to link up soon though to shoot man, im on spring break

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
            my b bro haha! but regarding the curtains, this is where I got my'n from excellent quality, easy to install (takes probably 15 minutes), only issue is the 3m tape it comes with is on the cheaper scale. Go out and buy a proper roll for 7$ and your set.
            We need to link up soon though to shoot man, im on spring break
            My spring break is next week! You gotta camera? Idk if my car will make it down to Sd in it's current state its been running rough but I'm trying to diagnose it. I could do half way probably. Thanks for the link man.

Comment

white wheels are the way to go.

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                My spring break is next week! You gotta camera? Idk if my car will make it down to Sd in it's current state its been running rough but I'm trying to diagnose it. I could do half way probably. Thanks for the link man.
                sweet sweet, congrats man. Of course I have a camera, ill bring all the stuff and head up there, wanted to meet another bro in Long Beach so might as well knock em out in one day while im at it if imma bust a mission haha

Originally posted by nsogiba View Post
                white wheels are the way to go.
                agreeeeeed!

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

love it when a build comes together

Comment

Yo lets meet in the middle! let me know when! I'm going to be gone in Arizona Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week but the other dates I'll have some time free.

Comment

Kinda sad this ended lol just spent my whole auto class reading it to get inspiration

Comment

Working...
                      X