Suggestions!!! 1989 Saab 900 Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions!!! 1989 Saab 900 Convertible

Whats up dudes! I'm planning on bagging my red 1989 Saab 900 Turbo Conv and sliding some wheels under it this summer. The only problem is the wheel wells on this old swede will only allow me to go up to 17x7-17x7.5 without having to make any serious modifications to the wheels well/fenders. My gut is telling me not to do any mods because the car is unibody but my heart wants me to go wider. I've been looking at BBS RS, Borbet Type A's, and Work wheels but I figured I would ask the real wheel whores what would look best. So please, help me out with suggestions!

Nice to have you aboard! Are you looking to get the biggest diameter, or the widest stance? You can run 15 or 16s that are 8" wide (look for around et13), you'll poke a bit, but a little bit of poke and stretch looks great on these cars, especially if you have a lower/firmer suspension to match. Throw on a set of SPG fender flares too. Take a peek at the Saab Appreciation Thread on here, there are a few c900s tossed in there, should give you some inspiration.
    -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
    -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
    -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Ronal Turbos.

It's a work in progress^
      Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
      Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

Originally posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
        Nice to have you aboard! Are you looking to get the biggest diameter, or the widest stance? You can run 15 or 16s that are 8" wide (look for around et13), you'll poke a bit, but a little bit of poke and stretch looks great on these cars, especially if you have a lower/firmer suspension to match. Throw on a set of SPG fender flares too. Take a peek at the Saab Appreciation Thread on here, there are a few c900s tossed in there, should give you some inspiration.
        I think I want to go for stance over diameter but I'm concerned that smaller diameter wheels such as 15" wouldn't fill the wheel well and would look strange. I'll start looking for SPG flares and skirts in my area but that might be a long process because Saab parts are hard to come by as you probably know, but I could deal with a little bit of poke in the mean time. It's too bad that Saab went under because its so hard to come by aftermarket parts. But I want to do something completely different than what the other modded c900's that are out there. Btw I noticed you're from VT! I'm from Southern NH!

Originally posted by JRodigan View Post
        Ronal Turbos.
        I've been looking at those, might be something to consider because it would look so different but I wish I knew someone that photoshopped images because I can't really imagine they would look on the car. Also I don't know how much $$$ they cost. Also, Work makes something very similar to the Ronals: http://www.workwheelsusa.com/product...=49&wheel=1012

Also, I'm a big fan of the aero's, super aero's, and the gold vane's (really rare). Recently I came across a set of gold vane's in CO. They are 15x5.5 and one of them is a little scuffed, but I figured I could get them refinished in grey (my bumper color and molding color) and widened. But I just feel like they are a little too vintage for my car: http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pts/4307045888.html

Comment

Working...
        X