Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 BMW 2002 fitment plans...

Hi everyone!

First off, I apologize if this is the wrong area or if I missed a similar thread. This is my first time posting here, ever. I'm such a new guy. :p

Now that that's out of the way, I'm looking into doing some work on my 02 in the next year or so now that I should be able to dump some money into it. I have a couple of questions, and hopefully some people have some experience in what I'm looking to do to it. Be prepared, I'm a dreamer.

First off I'd like to either bag the car or put it on coilovers. I know that Ground Control's kit bolts right in to 02's, however they're like $2,100 for the fully adjustable front and rear kit. I'm not afraid of dropping over 2 grand on a quality coilovers. However I had looked into Ireland Engineering coils but those require fabrication to fit. Anyone using either of these or have experience with them? I've also been thinking about bagging the car, I just don't know of any air kits to use.

Secondly, I've been following Mikey Gaumann (forgive me) with his whole 'roundie revival' restoration and he had added the mk1 Rabbit fender flares to his... and I want to do that! The flares look so natural on 2002's and make the car look really aggressive and wide, plus I may be able to fit my wheels I want :p Anyone know where I can aquire the fenders? And any good DIY's for welding/grinding with bodywork?

Lastly, after both of those have been added, it comes down to everybody's favorite part. Wheels!
    I'm currently running 13x7 et0 minilites on mine which is already a decent amount of poke, enough to rub the backs very easily. I'm looking into getting some Work Equip 03's and I'm having trouble imagining how they're going to look. I've already tracked down a set of genuine Works, and before I drop $2k on wheels alone, I'd rather get some feedback before doing it. I'm thinking about moving to 15x8.5 et-3's. Not sure what tire size I want yet, just looking for a minimal stretch. Maybe 185's or 195's. I've already accepted that I'm going to have some trouble fitting wheels 3 and a half inches wider than stock with a negative offset, and I'm okay with modifying the body/chassis work as I'm not planning on selling the car. I'm going more for the "poke" look rather than tucking, but I will not use spacers. I've worked in the tire and wheel industry and have seen every issue related to spacers haha

So, if anyone has any feedback at all regarding anything in here, it's be greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to post some pictures as soon as I can.

Welcome to S|W. One of the build threads has everything you need to know; search is your friend. Look through all the '02 build threads, I know someone has said where to get rabbit sheet metal. Wheels are discussed here or over no the stance thread at 2002faq http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/7109...thread/page-30

Comment

Hey thank you for directing me to the right place!

Comment

Dear mods,
        Please move this to the Intro section.

Sincerely,
        A concerned S/W user

Welcome to Stance|Works I hope you find all of what you need, but please look where you are posting threads before you post them.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
        X