FS: 18" Image wheels in Maryland ***RARE***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 18" Image wheels in Maryland ***RARE***

I sold the car recently and have no need for these wheels any longer. The wife is happy with her set and they won't fit my new car. They are a set of discontinued Image type 71 wheels with nitto tires. The only other set known are on a mkiv in Washington state so you'll never have to worry about going to a show and seeing another set.
    Specs are as follows:

18x8.5 et 38 (est) with Nitto neo-geo 205/40
    18x9.5 et 41 (est) with Nitto neo-geo 215/40

Tires are pretty much brand new, definitely less then 1000 miles on them.

Being that they are used and discontinued, they do have some issues.
    1) the passenger front barrel has had a crack filled by MemoryFab. The weld isn't pretty but holds air fine. I could have ground the weld down but didn't because you can't see it, it does hold fine and the wheel balances out perfectly the way it it.
    2) 1 rear barrel has a slight bend. Again I didn't do anything about it because you can not feel it driving and it balanced out perfectly also.
    3) The rear wheel valve stems leak only when the weather is under 40 degrees. The only thing I can think of why is that the oring shrinks in the cold. They hold air without any issues when its not freezing outside. I have replacement valve stems that will go with the wheels if you want. I never bothered to change them out because I used these wheels only as summer show season wheels and my local tire guy moved away so I don't have a guy I can trust dismounting and mounting the wheels so I can fix them.
    4) They are used so they have very minor nicks here and there on the lips but nothing major at all.

Keep in mind, I have driven on these wheels just they way they are up and down the east coast from northern NY to GA without any issues. I just want to be as upfront as possible to the new owner. And with these "issues", I have won plenty of shows and distinctive "best wheels" awards at major shows.

I am located in Maryland and would prefer to sell them local just so the new owner can see them in person and can be happy with their purchase but I'm willing to ship on your dime only after I send any detailed photos that you want and to make sure your comfortable.

Now onto the pics. The photos of the wheels off the car were taken today. I have many more at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsantim...7640733541964/
    and will take any additional requested photos from a serious buyer.

Here is a break down of what it would cost to duplicate this set IF they were still available to purchase;
    Wheels- 2054 pounds= $3370.00 plus shipping from the UK
    Tires- $524
    painted centers - $400
    gold plated bolts - $4 a piece x160 - $640 plus shipping from the UK
    So new, we're talking about $5k before shipping and any mounting/balancing

Now, clearly they're not new, but taking into the account that these are "rare" and not "rare, because you painted your bbs neon green kind of rare" and you will not see another set like this again (except if your friends with Travy) I'm asking for $3000 obo plus any shipping. I will meet you within 100 miles of washington d.c to sell them in person.

I will only trade for 5x130 wheels +/- $$$ depending on the wheels

opening day 028 by dsantimays, on Flickr

190433_10150162733935358_137182200357_8714874_5731 08_n by dsantimays, on Flickr

untitled by dsantimays, on Flickr

image wheels 004 by dsantimays, on Flickr
    FLICKR - LowerLifestyle - Canibeat - WFSU - EuroMedian - AirSociety

Good luck with the sale, such sick wheels. I just bought the other set of these from Travy 4 days ago!

Comment

I wanted these for my A3 when digipix was selling but you beat me to them. Now I don't own anything they can go on, sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SuBK View Post
        Good luck with the sale, such sick wheels. I just bought the other set of these from Travy 4 days ago!
        Haha, yeah, just talked to Travy and he said he just sold his too. Great pick up man, by far these are my favorite wheels I've ever owned, and I've gone through quite a few

I wouldn't sell mine except there's no way I can make them work with my current car.

Originally posted by eurotrsh View Post
        I wanted these for my A3 when digipix was selling but you beat me to them. Now I don't own anything they can go on, sigh.
        I remember that. Think I just beat you by a day or two if I remember correctly. But see, you can buy them now and hold onto them until you have something they'd fit, haha

Comment

Ttt

Comment

love the wheels

Comment

Comment

Comment

Interested

Really interested in the wheels can you private message me?

Comment

Still got them?

Comment

Working...
                    X