My 99 Saturn Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsweitzer99 View Post
    Sure is! Haha love the feel of it. My motivation may just be back as well as income in the next couple months so we know what that means!

Also, thought it might be good to throw up some of the updated interior-has come a long way from the beginning of this thread. God I need to take real pictures.

Gotta love that mk4 copycat cluster

I love that dash, I wish i had the motivation cause my interior is shit

Low n' Slow
    Twitter/IG: ChicoChiefer
    1996 Saturn SW2 DD in progress
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67883

Comment

Sure is! Haha love the feel of it. My motivation may just be back as well as income in the next couple months so we know what that means!

Also, thought it might be good to throw up some of the updated interior-has come a long way from the beginning of this thread. God I need to take real pictures.

Gotta love that mk4 copycat cluster

I love that dash, I wish i had the motivation cause my interior is shit...you have stock seats still? and do you have electric windows? your center console is completely different from my 96 I like it way better.
      Last edited by xavierb; 10-24-2014, 11:53 AM.

Low n' Slow

Comment

The console is from a 3rd gen car and I have manual windows. The seats are from a Hyundai Tiburon. The interior used to be all tan but I swapped it all out for black stuff.
        99' Saturn SL2 DD slow build
        IG: bsweitzer99

Comment

Yeah i think im gonna ditch my electric windows since the back ones are fucked and I already did on the driver door. And that center console is way better than mine it has an extra cup holder and that storage where my window buttons are. I like the black dash how it contrasts the gold paint but i prolly wont fuck with mine ĵust because I want a tan suede interior with red accents. And elantra seats? they fit well? i need something to replace mine until i can get some legit seats or have mine reupholstered.

Low n' Slow

Comment

Not sure about the Elantra seats but anything can be made to fit with some work as long as they aren't too wide to physically fit in the car. The console swap is definitely worth it.

Comment

My 99 Saturn Build

Got some work in this weekend-
              Replaced the passenger side bumper mount plate, it's been rotted off since I got the car with 28k miles.

Got everything cleaned up underneath before the new one went on

It's amazing the difference some motor mount spacers make, axle angle is so much better and they don't shake at all anymore

Last edited by bsweitzer99; 10-27-2014, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Got some work in this weekend-
                Replaced the passenger side bumper mount plate, it's been rotted off since I got the car with 28k miles.

Got everything cleaned up underneath before the new one went on

It's amazing the difference some motor mount spacers make, axle angle is so much better and they don't shake at all anymore

Where do you get those spacers? I have to get rid of that shaking

Low n' Slow

Comment

Originally posted by xavierb View Post
                  Where do you get those spacers? I have to get rid of that shaking
                  Those are DIY spacers (the Saturn aftermarket is pretty much extinct at this point). With the right material and some basic tools you can recreate them pretty easily. I'm not nearly as low as Ben and don't get axle shake so I haven't done this myself, but maybe he can get you headed in the right direction.

Comment

Yeah I made them and they are ghetto as hell right now- trying to find someone to machine me some out of aluminum.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. My roomate works at a metal shop so im hoping that he could do them there. That shaking pisses me off and Im just gonna go lower so its gonna get worse.

Low n' Slow

Comment

Originally posted by xavierb View Post
                        Thats what I was thinking. My roomate works at a metal shop so im hoping that he could do them there. That shaking pisses me off and Im just gonna go lower so its gonna get worse.

Yep there's a machine shop locally here by school so I'm going to have my friends draw something up and hopefully have them make it for me.

Comment

So cool to see Saturns popping up looking this dope.

Peep the build!

Comment

Saturns are my guilty pleasure. Can't wait to see more.

Comment

Got the hvac control lights to where I want them. Took some interesting bulb placement and a lot of aluminum tape but I think I can live with it now.

Comment

Here's a better pic of the lights.
                                Also picked up some near new calipers for the brakes I plan on doing this spring

Comment

Working...
                                X