Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My 99 Saturn Build

dopest saturn ive seen yet. such a simple and classy build. currently modding mine and wondering what other car coilovers or springs fit this car? have a 97 sl1 doing dohc swap soon.

also what would I need to do a rear disc conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by saln134 View Post
    dopest saturn ive seen yet. such a simple and classy build. currently modding mine and wondering what other car coilovers or springs fit this car? have a 97 sl1 doing dohc swap soon.

also what would I need to do a rear disc conversion?
    Subaru GC Impreza coilovers fit, thats what I'm on right now.
    For the rear disc you need the calipers, brackets, ebrake cables, and 4 extra bearing bolts to mount the calipers.
    99' Saturn SL2 DD slow build
    IG: bsweitzer99

I gotta do that rear disc swap for sure..I like this five lug sswap you got going on.

Low n' Slow
    Twitter/IG: ChicoChiefer
    1996 Saturn SW2 DD in progress
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67883

Quote Originally Posted by xavierb View Post
    I gotta do that rear disc swap for sure..I like this five lug sswap you got going on.

Thanks man ordered my rotors today. Hoping to get some work in on the rear suspension this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bsweitzer99 View Post
    Subaru GC Impreza coilovers fit, thats what I'm on right now.
    For the rear disc you need the calipers, brackets, ebrake cables, and 4 extra bearing bolts to mount the calipers.
    thanks a lot man

Default My 99 Saturn Build

Well got some more time in this Thanksgiving break from school-nothing exciting just some caliper cleaning and tear down.
    Also bought the 1/8" plate for my new rear swaybar mounts. Should be able to get the brake parts all blasted and the steel cut to shape next weekend when I'm done with this semester.

Plus it snowed, so this had to happen

Also stared at my ugly bay taking some measurements for future plans. Let's just say I'm preparing for the addition of two more cylinders-from Germany.

Finally figured out my steering wheel situation and ordered the adapter ring and should have the factory insert welded into the Grant adapter next weekend.

I wonder where my strut tower is..

You got your battery in the trunk?
    And what is this 2 more cylinders from germany malarky?!?!
    Last edited by xavierb; 12-01-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Low n' Slow

I am thinking vr6 swap?
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    I am thinking vr6 swap?

You are correct sir.

Got my intake and exhaust all sorted today.

Ha, hvac jokes.

Got my intake and exhaust all sorted today.

Ha, hvac jokes.
    jokes for days lol

So do the saturn ion seats take some modification to fit? I was reading some stuff on sixthsphere but wasnt really sure what the final consensus on how to make them work was.

Low n' Slow

Yeah you need to cut and weld the base brackets to bolt in.

You think theyre enough better to make it worth the extra work if I can find them at pick n pull? Or is it only really worth it if I was able to find the recaro redline seats?

Low n' Slow

Only worth the Recaros. I had some for a time but sold them before I had the abilities to make them work. Then I made seats that were harder to fit, fit and are lower quality seats.

guess ill stick with the coupe interior than. Im hoping I can convince my brother to go pull an interior for me and help me instal it while im disabled with this broken leg

Low n' Slow

Default steering wheel hub adapter

Well got some more time in this Thanksgiving break from school-nothing exciting just some caliper cleaning and tear down.
    Also bought the 1/8" plate for my new rear swaybar mounts. Should be able to get the brake parts all blasted and the steel cut to shape next weekend when I'm done with this semester.

Plus it snowed, so this had to happen

Also stared at my ugly bay taking some measurements for future plans. Let's just say I'm preparing for the addition of two more cylinders-from Germany.

Finally figured out my steering wheel situation and ordered the adapter ring and should have the factory insert welded into the Grant adapter next weekend.

I wonder where my strut tower is..
    do the ebay hub adapters not work on an sl1? like this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Qu...2a7a8b&vxp=mtr

and this steering wheel just bolts right up to that adapter if it works yes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AFTERMARKET-...6a3c16&vxp=mtr

also what modifications did you make to your impreza coilovers to have them fit onto your fronts? you just had the top hats lasered right?

thanks in advance.

Great job on le Saturn dude! So with those wheels, you know where you can source some lips from? I see they're 3-piece

Also, are you doing a full 5 lug conversion front and rear or just 4 lug front, 5 lug rear? Cause I saw two different rotors in the last page...

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

18. Default AWesome Stamina During Sex

you have to Be Constant: make certain that you you clean your colon routinely. You can't only clean once and suppose that you're fixed. The truth is, you will discover results after the very first time.
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/249849793/An-Amazing-Testosterone-Booster-Diet

Those adapters won't work because they just go from 6 bolt to six bolt.
    On another note I got a few things done the other day when it was strangely warm.
    Trailing arms all painted. Pretty impressed with the Implement paint I've been using.

Tried some wrinkle paint on the gauge bezel

And got a chance to clean out the inside after a month of DD'ing in the freezing cold

Also this will coming my way- trans mount spacer done right.

Default My 99 Saturn Build

So mount spacer is here! It turned out really good. So good in fact that I'm having the same guy make me up a top mount spacer. Might as well have the worlds only matching set.

Also decided to make some adapters available to the community for those who want to run a better steering wheel. These are the first couple, think they turned out pretty decent. Making another one this week for my car.

Also kept plugging away at the rear suspension work, got the calipers all blasted and ready for powdercoat, as well as did a refresh on the shifter.
    I made it about a year ago and I had some free time so figured I would go through it and change some things that were bothering me. Feels nice and smooth and tight now.

So mount spacer is here! It turned out really good. So good in fact that I'm having the same guy make me up a top mount spacer. Might as well have the worlds only matching set.

Also decided to make some adapters available to the community for those who want to run a better steering wheel. These are the first couple, think they turned out pretty decent. Making another one this week for my car.

Also kept plugging away at the rear suspension work, got the calipers all blasted and ready for powdercoat, as well as did a refresh on the shifter.
    I made it about a year ago and I had some free time so figured I would go through it and change some things that were bothering me. Feels nice and smooth and tight now.
    how much for the steering wheel adapters?

So when is the VR6 swap going down?

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Quote Originally Posted by saln134 View Post
    how much for the steering wheel adapters?

PM me for details on the adapters.

And the vr swap is still in the works, still working on the 5 lug rear, and sourcing a mk3 swap car soon from a friend hopefully.
    In the meantime I may toss a ko3 on this motor to get a feel for the tuning aspect, plus the experience from making the manifold. Plus I think it would a pretty fun car with such a small turbo. Basically a factory AEB setup except on my motor.

where is this ?

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

VR6 ftw. I was thinking of b18 long block turbo for mine but a buddy of on suggested H2B since they're more torquey
    IG: @simplyclean_sat

United States of Stance