Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Phaeton

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    242

    Default Phaeton

    Any one ever stance a phaeton? I've seen some on ebay go for under 20 with about 50k-60k miles, which make them a good contender. However, insurance and maintenance must be a bitch. However, I can just picture this thing slammed on some LM's. And the luxury is on POINT.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volks...fCarsQ5fTrucks


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    phantastic cars....really really great vehicles...I knew the minute they came out that they would depreciate really badly and then be one of the greatest baragins out there...Im pretty sure that when it gets down to it that is basically the same as a bentley underneath

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    near Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    5,559

    Default

    The Phaeton actually has pretty old hardware under it's body. The Audi A8 of the same vintage is a way more developed and modern car.

    A friend of mine was looking at Phaetons a while back but decided not to bother because of the comparable old underneaths.


    That said, I love the styling and would drive one in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.AK View Post
    The Phaeton actually has pretty old hardware under it's body. The Audi A8 of the same vintage is a way more developed and modern car.

    A friend of mine was looking at Phaetons a while back but decided not to bother because of the comparable old underneaths.


    That said, I love the styling and would drive one in a heartbeat if I could afford it.
    That doesnt make sense, its based on the the D1 platform, the same platform as the Bentley Continental GT. The Audi a8 is on Audi's D3 platform, which is aluminum.

    The car is insane, the just the climate control system is unbelievably sophisticated. I'd **** to have to repair that thing though. The v8's seemed to depreciate more than the w12's. I wouldn't settle for anything less than a w12 with the 4 captains chairs. 200mph is total luxury.
    Last edited by Tuck&Poke; 04-05-2010 at 09:33 AM.

    ig: @jonnie86

  5. #5

    Default

    theres a guy that works in the next store over that has a phaeton. id rock one

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    412

    Default

    The w12 sounds heavenly.
    SAABaru.
    IvyLeagueEast

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
    That doesnt make sense, its based on the the D1 platform, the same platform as the Bentley Continental GT. The Audi a8 is on Audi's D3 platform, which is aluminum.

    The car is insane, the just the climate control system is unbelievably sophisticated. I'd **** to have to repair that thing though. The v8's seemed to depreciate more than the w12's. I wouldn't settle for anything less than a w12 with the 4 captains chairs. 200mph is total luxury.
    I thought so too, just wasn't sure about the platform so I dint want to seem like I was talking shit. In the w12 aspect, I completely agree, but the w12 4 seater bumps the price a whole 10 grand. However, I'm sure its worth it.

  8. #8

    Default

    thats me personally, regardless of which one you get its an incredible car. They come with factory air springs so sorting the ride height is fairly simple. I'd love to see someone stance one.

    ig: @jonnie86

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    LA & SD
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Not stanced, but still looks good:


    Info here: http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=456

    $325 for slammage!!! Great deal.
    '67 VW Squareback & '07 RX-8

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,234

    Default

    Theres a dumped on in Boston. I'll try to find pics.

  11. #11

    Default

    I was going to go with a D3 A8L when I was shopping a few months ago (went with a B6 S4 Avant instead)... body shape/size is similar to the Phaeton and 21x10.5's all around is prob what you'll want once it's dropped... that's probably what those MTM's are in the pic above... even though 04-05 A8L's are in the teens... 21" wheels are pricey for anything worth your time... just keep that in mind. I really wanted to go with 21x10.5 T1S's... maybe I'll get one and I will do that one day, but I have to get the Avant out of my system first, haha

    A8 w/ front end refresh on Kahn 21" (not sure on width) F1-X's for a teaser:

    and Kahn 21x9 21x10.5 RSX's

  12. #12

    Default

    Would love to see it done

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RBSileighty View Post
    I was going to go with a D3 A8L when I was shopping a few months ago (went with a B6 S4 Avant instead)... body shape/size is similar to the Phaeton and 21x10.5's all around is prob what you'll want once it's dropped... that's probably what those MTM's are in the pic above... even though 04-05 A8L's are in the teens... 21" wheels are pricey for anything worth your time... just keep that in mind. I really wanted to go with 21x10.5 T1S's... maybe I'll get one and I will do that one day, but I have to get the Avant out of my system first, haha
    I love Avants, but that A8 right there is money, I guess Im a sucker for big bodies cars.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frag View Post
    Any one ever stance a phaeton? I've seen some on ebay go for under 20 with about 50k-60k miles, which make them a good contender. However, insurance and maintenance must be a bitch. However, I can just picture this thing slammed on some LM's. And the luxury is on POINT.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volks...fCarsQ5fTrucks

    Yeah, 9 years late i know but i have a pheaton with mild stance!

    Quite low but not low enough sitting on 22 by 10.5 all around




    Last edited by Ekvall; 05-13-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •