Peanut Butter & Tittee Sammiches - Endless E30 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut Butter & Tittee Sammiches - Endless E30 Build

Thousands of years ago - i bought a terrible car.

Present day - its still terrible.

Here's my build dump:

The Car:

1988 BMW 325
    -Classic mexican penis brown
    -15" rollers, but I keeps it clean
    -unkown mileage, minor rust, sans interior.

The goods:

my attempt to thwart purists with fat wheels... I rip and I rhyme, I rhyme and I rip. This is the way that my wheels fit!

Some have cup holders.... I call these kunt holders

fer da ladiez

Updates...

who doesnt love boxes?

Harbor Freight $39 motor stand... told you im a baller!

Evo II rep wing

Massive Lee dual caliper set up for my hydro plans

92mm bull nose studs because no one likes holding a 12" wheel up while you thread in a lug

S52 head... figuring out my valve train still

some maintenance part for the motor: thermostat, filters, sensors, metal water pump, etc

South Bend clutch

AAsco lightened flywheel

Mishimoto fan mounted, Spal puller ready to bolt in. Euro radiator fits like a glove.

Treehouse essentials from PO - :

beats a modded e21 with cool factor

Ground Control coilovers are amazing so far... need camber plates

Also have SS brake lines, poly bushings everywhere, new control arms / lollis

and some pretty blue lines for cosmetic surgery

Not much for updates from the hick white-bro..

Been fighting some mediocre form of aids since thursday so I slept most of the weekend.

ASD hotness

Then I limped my way to the garage and basically setup my work space for winter... cleaned all of my tools, rebuilt a ton of my matco ratchet wrenches, put in 3 new T8 fixtures, added two 220 recepticles and moved the heater so it is right in my work area

De-interiorized the penis colored luxury mobile

Then i worked on some wiring / shaving but you really cant tell. Im having issues wiring up my DME but have plenty of time to get it working.

The harness is going on a diet and I will most likely add some fused switches to keep things simple.

Post Thanksgiving Update:

Turkey induced hulkanism allowed me to remove the motor...

still debating on making my own harness.... removing the fuse box and starting over

:

Also got some parts and ordered some tools while I was at it...

Beautiful 1000lb/in2 wilwoods for my dual caliper setup

And my joe dirt inspired gas pedal

No work updates but the FedEx bro was busy

Cometic MLS .140

ARP 2000 studs

AA Rotrex C38 setup to satisfy my pursuit to make LESS power

:loco:

polished goodness

TRM Tune

and last, some short tube headers

and for fun a shot of my bench

slacking updates!
    I went on a voyage to a far off land...I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.

found this on the other side

S50 #2

took it home and started the tear down... I have all new sensors, water pump, accessories and the motor has a fresh bottom end.

Quick scrubbing and it looks clean but rusty

I also patched some holes in my bay. Going welder shopping tomorrow and might have some better updates!

Quick update from today.. nothing good really

And this is a preview of what will be going into the car... dont mind the paint, its a base coat

Anyone have experience with the Lincoln Dual 180's? Been welder shopping and it seems decent for the price plus I can run 220 at home and 110 if I take it anywhere

hmm??:

No fun progress in terms of work... fiddle with my harness and kept cleaning the bay up

ready to chrome this 'bish out

big updates in deliveries!!

least exciting... race pads

next, NRG bits

super custom painted Royal wheel

biggest update... my tool for destroying metal!!

I was really lazy all weekend and just ate food, drank beer, and did redneck things with family

Turner delivery

wheel bearings... exciting!

some gaskets

quick shot at the control center... added a reminder to the steering wheel

VAC head is almost done so the motor will finally be ready to assemble

in the mean time I worked on my bay a bit more... shaved everything, stitched most of it, started on the bondo work

Started on the hood.. Dont worry, this is a rough outline but you get the idea. Heat extractor ducts on both sides.

Black door cards

updates suck... I have spent FAR too much time on the engine bay.

I never shaved / painted a bay and the amount of time involved is ridiculous!!

Getting close though... picked up my paint supplies today!

Also installed a regulator / trap

and last, I FINALLY got my seat mounts finished... they look like OEM in my opinion but I spent a lot of time on them.

I bought some universal sliders but had to dissassemble them, drill new mount points, weld in stopping tabs, bend up an adjustment lever (bent with my knee), spray bomb black and add mounting points to the car. The actual seat side mounts I found somewhere online so I managed to save a lot of money.

With this setup I can sit nice and low and still slide.

this was mid-bending for the adjuster

My updates should start to speed up now... The bottom end of the motor is done, harness is complete, and VAC will have the head ready on Monday

Self etching primer and PPG 2k primer coat #1

I will do 3 coats total over the next two days and then lay paint.

I also figured out my coolant expansion tank setup and made a purchase

blat blat

and boring, but I got 4 of these cheapo guage cups..... Cant decide if I want to mount these on the cage A pillar or the dash

the bay is DONE!

WAAYY too much time involved!!

Total process:
    Strip old paint
    Stitch weld
    Fill holes / shave tabs
    puddy imperfections
    SAND SAND SAND
    self etching primer
    3 coats of 2k primer (sand in between)
    3 coats of single stage white

all in all I am happy but there are definitely some areas that arent great.. this isnt a show car though so it'll do

the motor is almost complete now... I am going to retorque the ARP's a few times over the next couple of days and then set the timing. I also need to tig the baffles into my oil pan and then it should be complete!

The whole process took a while but here are pics in order:

picked up the s50

stripped and sanded

this stuff fell off

a view of the pistons... not too bad actually

Got this from VAC ( 5 angle, M52 springs, machined, etc)

cleaned the block and pistons. ARP's hand tightened

Cometic .140 MLS and VAC head installed

New chains, new main bearings, new rod bearings

drilled and safety wired oil pump nut

and a mock of the finished product!

finally some updates again!

we shall start with lame stuff.... these impress school girls so I had to get them

I then installed my new cams but forgot to check the head for the oil pressure check valve!!!! I dont want to remove it again so I will call VAC on Monday to see if they installed it. For now the motor must sit.

Also got some new headers.. blang blang son

And then I found this in the mail box

Mock up!!!

Big thanks for Ary at DTM Fiberwerkz! He was really helpful and patient with me... glad to rep some stickers when the product is finished.

gurney flap

gonna need to relip my wheels

drift wheels need 15mm spacers

DTM mirrors and front fitment

black leather door cards for style

did a quick fab job to mount my handbrake. Use some angle and just welded it up!

aaaaand to close out the day, 95 M3 steering rack to kill my big rig turning radius

cleaned and almost done

I am coming out of my winter depression and decided to stop fiddling with the Z... updates finarry!!

Mocked up my guages and finished my harness :buttrock

innovate LM, boost, oil PSI, oil temp

Then I FINALLY got the right parts after weeks of receiving the wrong sh!t... wrong TOB, wrong flywheel bolts, wrong pressure plate, missing bellhousing flange plate, etc, etc

bought a sachs organic sprung clutch, all new hardware, LTW flywheel and pieced it all together.. My only concern is that the E34 pan doesnt have a baffle. Any concerns????

Engine mounted with my polished alternator

tight squeeze... need to touch up some paint but this is the only scratch

Then mocked up my cooler but I need to weld in some different mounts

working on it slowly every day after work... wiring is my least favorite thing in the world

I really wish I left the harness intact but I am forced to finish it now

I also received a bunch of crucial fire starting pieces

803 MAF

stupid expensive traction fluid... i put off buying this for months because its hard to justify $100+ per qt.

but sadly I got distracted and stopped wiring to fool around with this pile

42# injectors

some schroths

and start up / break in oil!! almost there

I'm waiting for some sensors so I turned to some other stuff... first off is ghetto homemade bumper support / bash bar.

Welded some angle together and bolted it in. Its nice because its removable and fits the rear bumper perfectly.

bumper on with wing and gurney flap mocked up. Dont mind the mounting hardware on the flap.. its temporary

made some L brackets and picked a location for the canton tank... looks good IMO!

wired the innovate... all blue wires because I like making trouble shooting as difficult as possible

Welded in some brackets for the oil cooler

reservoir location.... like a fvckin glove

first coat of black... dont worry, its just a base coat.

pulled the diff to get welded up... next to a 350z r200 and almost the same size!

painted the cage, welded in some tabs, made couplers, etc

I took the day off today to recoup from a Phillies / Flyers hangover... doesnt look like much but I actually got a lot of progress and the interior is basically done!

woke up to some boxes on da poach

im sure my BMW brethren will appreciate this addition!

then i picked up a new tank and started welding... put in a fire extinguisher mount, ebrake mount, made my own seat mounts, and finished the cage

base layout for seat mounts. I added flat stock and welded everything together.

The seat height is adjustable and sliders work... barely

all bolted together

its ferking comfy in there! I feel so snug and safe... like a mother bear coddling an infant cub

believe it or not I spent at least 24 hrs on the car this weekend.. and my updates are pathetic

boxes and junk

lots of this stuff for every thing in the bay.

broken toe strap that I figured I could put to use.. im poor. dont ****.

cage is welded and bolted down.. this took FOREVER!!!

the fitment sort of sucked and each coupler had to be drilled out

notice my sweet pull strap on the door too... AND fine as5 leather panels

completed the wiring on my guages, the Innovate, and I have oil pressure finally!

Dash is done too

sweet mod to my glove box so I can access the DME and Innovate with the cage in... no ghetto

still have power windows

pre-smoke headlights

post.

plus HID's and bumper mocked up. I forgot to take pics of my bash bar but its nothing crazy

then this happened to my fender

tried to weld it but the metal was too thin, covered in rubber, shitty, and ghey

so I used rivets

kit is ON!

this took way too much work. Every panel had to be trimmed, cut, tweaked, etc.

I still need to fiberglass some spots but you get the idea

tons of rivets

my home-made fuel door extension. Very rough but you get the picture.... I will finish it up later.

derrivery!!

got some clamps and what nots

some custom Chelsea flares (possibly for sale)

Dzus fasteners

aaaaannndd some Megans. Never owned Megans before but I have had plenty of Bilsteins (PSS9's), GC's, KW, BC's and cheap stuff like VK and Raceland.

and I bought these badas$ vortex generators but they dont really fit on the e30.

Mocked them on the Z for fun

then I realized that the flares would fit the Z too.... hmmmmm....

...dare I?

quick side track.... spent some time working on the Z Spring Moves

@ 2:20... pitiful but the only coverage I got

http://vimeo.com/41463821

fixed my fitment issues

did this

please no speed bumps

Back on the grind..

go 'head n ****

Coolant system is almost done.. I need one adapter and finish my catch can

one trans sucked so I got another.. so what

way ugly but it should be ok after I sand it. These kits dont come with holes or extended gas doors so you have to make it on your own

antennas are dumb when you have no radio

welded up some stilts / brackets for all of my body panels

cant quite figure out my exhaust location yet... Might do a rear exit but my original plan was through the passenger side

and some tires... LOTS more on the way. I should have ~40 tires between the e30 and Z when I am done

here we go.... while fighting a mild case of the AIDs I worked and got a few things done

seems like everyone else is sick too

minor update but the new trans is in and new slave is bled.. sucks doing everything on my own!!

by the way, the AKG shifter is dreamy. SO good.

race car sh!t, so what?

bought some high pressure line and fittings to make PS lines. Not thrilled with how it turned out but I have no kinks or clearance issues.

this came out of my ICV!

big task.. make these parts do stuff

after hours of Busch fueled man-handling I removed the 24yr old bearings and hubs.

new ones were pressed in with my creation... Jamaican ingenuity?? yup.

Finished product

last... you cant tell but I moved my pedals for 'Murrican sized feats. The spacing is widened and they all sit basically flush

and some grip tape.

work sucks, im lazy, here's some updates

I made some new rad mounts and routed my coolant setup. This is a hole for my expansion tank...

I almost cried after cutting into my fresh paint

Quick mock of a possible catch can location. I will make an aluminum shield but I haven't figured it out yet.

stuff n junk

the race from one of my wheel bearings got stuck so I picked this up

hose clamps err'ywhere

AAAAnnnndd, it didnt start

I need to reroute my fuel lines becuase they kinked and I dont like how the vac lines are routing.

I am going to take the mani off and start over

Last... not e30 related but this has kept me side-tracked lately.

The Z wouldnt go low enough so I used some cutty and weldy tools to do this

I did a bunch of suspension thangs but my camera broke and I had no clue..I took ~200 clicks and didnt realize it until I did the upload

any-who.. here are some pics

out with the old

in with the new

the welds came out decent

I also got these to run the 5x114.3 wheels but they hit my calipers.. I currently have 28 wheels and the e30 can only use 4 of them right now!

these are for sale now since they dont really work

works on the rear!

2.93 diff is now welded... and colored

I actually found this brand new coolant hose in my garage... I trimmed it down and it fits!

I also figured out my piping.. I think.

Everything is so cramped! Its almost like BMW didnt intend these parts to be in here

my expansion tank is still about .5" below the rad so I am going to mod the radiator mounts. It should only take ~10 minutes and I am running a skid plate / bash bar so it should be fine

and for fun.... here are my receipts so far

So im sure you guessed I took a break from this pile... between work, women, and other white people problems I have been a bit distracted

I also bought another car but we'll get to that later...

Anyway, the Z is fun but heavy.... A/C is nice and makes my testies coool

BUT its pretty much sold so the e30 is my focus.

Got home from work and had the urge to listen to hipster music and drink vodka / monster... after I shopped for skinny jeans and flannel shirts I started to clean the garage

after the alchohol kicked in sh!t started to get did... first, I made some new rad brackets and it fits well.

found a tarantula living in my car... look at all those dead bugs and sh!t!

the big update is new axles thanks to some awesome local BMW guys letting me work on their cars. I did a few side jobs and I can now afford the missing pieces :redspot

Diff and DS in.

looks like it belongs there

drank a bunch more and forgot about the camera part... stuff got finished and I started listening to man music

on the ground!

Effin F, I didnt realize how small this car is... I am actually really happy with the outcome.

The alignment is damn near perfect (caliper style) and the height / look is exactly what I wanted.

the "TO DO" list is getting short... almost time

I am picking up a REAL 803 MAF on sunday.. DONT BUY A KNOCK-OFF! it doesnt work..

we'll call these 2:30am updates... its sort of mixed updates but who cares... ill do what I want.

I drove to Chaser in MD and ended up spending a few hours bullshitting and looking at aero. I am heading back in a few weeks with a Ryder to grab a ton of kits and some of their damaged stuff

hood vents for the dirty

and the exhaust is finally done!!

ish took me at least 8 hrs to complete sadly.... crawl under the car, make marks at guesstimate lengths, crawl out, cut, crawl under and check, new marks, cut, check again, tack in place, crawl under, adjust, tack again, crawl back out, maybe weld... and BAM thats one weld. Repeat 16 times

The intake finally fits now too. I bought some new piping and it looks like this will work... not sure if I like it but its supposed to be a wild "non-purist" sort of ride

made some rad brackets on the top and bottom
    meh

new coil packs

and because its labor day! If you dont like this, F you in the A

not related... but here is another one of my distractions

I picked up this 240 and spent some time / money getting it how I wanted. I finally figured out the power fc and plowed it into an embankment... cool

before

AFTER
    yard sale

Tonight I was able to cut and reweld the rad support, new tie rods, new headlight, oil cooler, new IC piping, fresh IC paint, and lots of man-handling the metal to straighten things out

werks 9 for teh low

and some shots of the garage... useless

Comment

Time for my semi-annual thread update

I have been pretty busy with other cars and work, but I randomly work on this pile too ... dumb stuff like hard lines, bushings, cooling system, ruining motors, etc

First up: some of you probably know that the car has been sitting because I just lost interest after trouble shooting for days. It was either burn the car, or walk away.

I decided I like the car again last month so I broke out some tools and did a compression test... 0 psi on cylinder 1, cool.

Pull the intake mani and the valves arent seating. I can do full rotations and they never seat... very strange.

I'm working with the people who assembled the head to get some sort of refund, but it will take a while.. so in order to make HyperFest and ECB I decided to pick up a spare stock s50

this one comes out

few hours later, this one goes in.. The new VC exemplifies my emotions for this car

Finished the exhaust... I am not a fabricator at all and have little experience with a welder. Its air tight and works though..

All new intake piping, couplers, T-bolts, etc... I didnt like the old routing setup

Coolant system done... Canton tank, home made heat shield, lots of heat shielding tape, etc. It looks tight in the pic but the return line actually has about 5" of room from the headers

Overflow located to fender.. Not crazy about it but its out of the bay, down hill from the tank, and I can drain it easily. I put some SS mesh to help stop rocks, but lets me check the levels.

also looks close in the pic but I have tons of room.. its actually about 4" behind the fender

New wheels (17"/16"), 615's, 595's, dual caliper hydro plumbed, new axles, garage alignment, and STICKERS!

but then during my first ride I develop a misfire.... pull the coil packs and figured out cyl 6 is missing (not ideal..). After removing the plug I see some awesome coolant and oil! Hizzah!!

No clue if the HG is bad because I bought a sh!t ton of Nikolai and drove to Hyperfest to spectate. Eff this car.

Back to its parking spot:

well this car this car still exists... it does a great job of collating rat feces and spider younglings

but I got bored and decided to dig back into it. After 2 bad deals on used S50's and a bad bearing in my pricey built motor, I decided to take a break and switch drive trains.

To keep me busy I built (loose term - I bolted stuff to things) this E36 (5.0) and this S13 (LS1)... E36 is gone now but the S13 will be my primary track vehicle for a little while.

clip of test drive in the s13.. had issues but its a fun car!

Ready Set Drift put on a pretty sick event over the weekend at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville CT. Some of the many drivers included Eric Beck, Rich Whiteman, an...

I moved the E30 out of the garage so I can use it as a guinea pig for the new drivetrain and just general tinkering practice. I picked up a JD2 bender so I am going to cage it and likely tube it over the next year.

For now, my only update is a general tear down and some cut-off wheel action.

The old school 190 will have a 2j in it soon too :hitler::

for fun, here is the mock up... sorry purists! I dont need the S5x vs. jap I6 debate. I know all of the positives and negatives. Its a dumb car and I'm putting a dumb motor in it, because I'm dumb!

Comment

Well that escalated quickly.

Comment

Just read the entire 1st post. Dang.. loads and loads of STUFF.I like ittt!

Comment

ok wow. I like where this is going even more now. You have a nice collection of gangster cars sir.
            Unpopular Turbo Miata thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...crap+bandwagon

Comment

rad.

Comment

This might be my new favorite thread.
                IG: ossiep

Comment

This is an awesome build, BUT HOW THE FLYING F*CK DID YOU CARRY THAT ENGINE WITH BOX!? MURICA

Comment

*Regains composure* subbed.

Comment

holy ballz

Comment

Damn looks like a fun build !

Comment

This is amazing.
                          IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

give me any of the cars mentioned in this thread, please.
                            Instagram: @ask83n

Originally posted by DragginWagon
                            Always build your car for yourself. and dont tell me you cant afford to.
                            This thread is a perfect example of taking lemons and making fucking jager bombs!

Comment

This build thread is so fucked and i mean that in the best way possible. So badass. So much want.
                              E28 POS BUILD THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X