Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Thom's bagged E46 saloon/sedan - Airlift, BBS RF - UK Build

so currently the wheels are off, i was going to sell them but theyre just sat in my garage, i cant quite bring myself to do it. still unsure if i'll keep this car around next year or not, ive looked a little into e46 coupe's, but not set my sights on anything yet.

anyway, heres some pictures i dont think ive posted in here before (forgive me if i have) just to keep this alive

Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Instagram: thomwilliams_

Keep the wheels, even if you don't run them. Or send them to me, I'll dispose of them free of charge

Also, keep the car, or if you don't do not get a E46 coupe, as sedans are way more baller than the coupes.

Don't sell it Man i'd keep this thing forever. Save up and get yourself another project

Dont sell it!!!

But if you do dont get a coupe get a wagon. wagon > coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.AK View Post
    Keep the wheels, even if you don't run them. Or send them to me, I'll dispose of them free of charge

Also, keep the car, or if you don't do not get a E46 coupe, as sedans are way more baller than the coupes.

i love the wheels, thats why i havent tried to sell them. really not sure what to do

Quote Originally Posted by mikey G View Post
    Don't sell it Man i'd keep this thing forever. Save up and get yourself another project
    i'd probably say the same if i saw a photo of it, but after seeing it everyday you get used to it and want other things i guess, im sure youd say the same if it were yours haha

Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyQ View Post
    Dont sell it!!!

i love wagons, but if i wanted one id get a Subaru legacy over an e46. theyre on my potential list for next car.
    Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Dont sell it!!!

Wagons are awesome! How about B5 S4 Avant???
    -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
    '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
    '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Quote Originally Posted by DER E30 View Post
    YAAAAS get one of these boo boo

perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DER E30 View Post
    YAAAAS get one of these boo boo
    theyre cool, but ive had 2 friends with b5's, one was an s4 (not an avant but close enough). so i kind of feel like i'd just be doing stuff we already did to their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by rozayE36 View Post
    perfect.
    thanks!

I'm personally not into Subarus, but a Legacy sounds good, not many of those about in Britain. It's always nice to see something thats not too common

so.

I've decided to keep the car a bit longer, i graduate in a few months and dont really know what i'll be doing after that, so jumping into a new car that will eat all my money isnt the best decision right now.

although i'm keeping it i want to progress it somehow, so i'm building the wheels out wider and hoping to run more camber and better fitment. The cars been majorly neglected over the winter, its seen 1 wash since Ultimate Stance show in november. so ive replaced the front discs, pads and hubs (all needed doing) also bought a new sump guard as my old one was pretty chewed up.

bought new lips for my wheels to build the fronts out wider and make them my new rears. also camber arms for the rear.

new specs will be: 17 x 9.5 et13 fronts
    17 x 10 et6 rears

i plan to run spacers which should get me to pretty much et0 all round, then i think i'll be happy. new tyres are ordered so should be back on the RF's within about 2 weeks.

sorry for lack of photos, i'll update tomorrow with some.

Paint it hot pink. Hot pink = progress.

Glad you decide to keep it! Looking at the pics up there...car looks mint, make's me miss my rf's. Can't wait to see this thing back together nicely fitted.

Im stuck in the same position you were with the car.
    IG@valentinoduplan

Pretty chuffed you're keeping it, it shall remain as my fav car for a while longer haha. Excited to see the new wheel setup

Keep it up Thom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tino21 View Post
    Glad you decide to keep it! Looking at the pics up there...car looks mint, make's me miss my rf's. Can't wait to see this thing back together nicely fitted.

Im stuck in the same position you were with the car.
    thanks man, now im set on keeping it im real excited to get the wheels back on. counting down the days!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehowski View Post
    Pretty chuffed you're keeping it, it shall remain as my fav car for a while longer haha. Excited to see the new wheel setup
    haha thank you man!

Quote Originally Posted by mikey G View Post
    Keep it up Thom.
    thanks!

So, pictures.

hubs

discs/pads

new sump guard/undertray

WHEELS

i know most people like to switch up wheels all the time, i just love these wheels too much.

my tyres came yesterday, they sent the wrong model and size! so hopefully the right ones come tomorrow. also had 5mm spacers, extended locking bolts and a few other bits show up.

fitting camber arms tonight!

woah.

So glad you kept these wheels instead of changing them.

Also those new lips are just perfection.

woah.

So glad you kept these wheels instead of changing them.

Also those new lips are just perfection.
    thanks man, they need a polish as they still have some machining marks on them, but im happy.

Camber arms are now on, not as bad a job as i was expecting!

Looking really good man! RF's are such a good style.

Need to do something about a sump guard this year.

This is a brilliant build mate. I've been silently following it on here and on instagram for a while

To good my dude

PIC HEAVY UPDATE

It took way longer than i thought to find somewhere who would fit my tyres. i rang about 15 garages before i found anywhere. most people either didnt understand how a narrower tyre would fit on a wider wheel, or knew what stretch was and wanted nothing to do with it. But eventually i found somewhere willing to do it. its always scary watching a bunch of random guys handle youre expensive wheels unaware of the value of them.

not as much room in an e46 as you'd think, it wasnt a comfy drive.

polished them when i got back with Mothers billet polish, this stuff is incredible.

stretchy

i put the wheels on straight away, and am SO glad i didnt go wider. turns out 12.7mm more lip makes a hell of a difference. i've still managed a 5mm spacer up front though (might swap for a 10mm, undecided as of yet)

so specs are now
    17 x 9.5 et 8
    17 x 10 et 6

215/40/17 tyres all round.

adjusted camber arms, lots of camber...

i also managed to get arch to lip up front. for anyone that knows e46's well you'll know that this isnt very easy, especially with Airlift struts. the added camber has bought the lip up to the arch, so althought its not any lower it definitely looks it. My biggest **** with this car before was the lack of arch to lip up front.

and here is the result. i havent got precise measurements but my iphone suggests its around 6 degrees front camber and 9.5 rear. i might be way off this is just what i got using the compass app on my phone.

the rear toe in was crazy so some modifying was in order. I dropped the rear trailing arms and removed the brackets that bolt to the chassis. this photo shows a before and after of the holes that i elongated to allow for more toe adjustment.

turns out even with the elongated holes its not possible to get perfect toe as the trailing arm fouls on the chassis where it mounts to the bracket. I'm happy with how close it is to 0 so i'll see how long my tyres last. I aligned the fronts using tracking sticks, which i'd never used before but we're pretty simple to use actually.

thats all for now folks, here's one more for good measure...

Damn that looks AMAZING.

I always thought your fitment was perfect and it couldn't get any better but you just proved me wrong.