Thom's bagged E46 saloon/sedan - Airlift, BBS RF - UK Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really sucks about the the caps.

but those rear lights definately looks better.

Comment

Originally posted by Thooooom View Post
      yeah im gutted haha. thanks man, i hope you like yours!

yeah i saw haha, i actually commented before you wrote on there thanks though dude
      Oops didnt read it first car looks great btw

Comment

Originally posted by Thooooom View Post
        so ive taken the other 3 off, and will probably never drive with centre caps on again haha. i'll just put them on for shows and stuff.
        Weird.

I've driven with my RFs for two years and none of mine ever fell off. You sure it was tightened all the way?

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
          Weird.

I've driven with my RFs for two years and none of mine ever fell off. You sure it was tightened all the way?
          yeah they were all tight, it was raining really really heavy, not sure if that has anything to do with it, but i was equally surprised. it was definitely locked tight as when i recovered the remains of the cap the centre nut was still in the locked position, looks like i wont be driving with them any longer!
          Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Instagram: thomwilliams_

Comment

Bud your car is hot!!!

Comment

Shame about the caps :/ looks so good with them but then again it looks a little more aggressive with out them which is never a bad thing

Comment

so after spending a few days hunting for a replacement centre cap badge, i posted on a few forums asking if anyone knew where to look... to my complete amazement, 'mike the polisher' (a wheel refurbishment/polisher in the UK) sent me one for free! even paid the postage. incredible customer service, really cannot thank him enough. ive managed to bend the centre cap ring back into shape so thats back at the paint shop getting sorted out too. The hex nut took a bit of a beating, and will never be perfect again, but ive managed to polish it back up and sand out most of the damage. i'll get a photo up when ive got the cap ring back in a few days.

I also have something big in the works, not really sure if its going to go ahead yet but im definitely excited... more soon hopefully
                Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Comment

So!!

when i first got the car, i was in touch with a guy who was looking to sell his airlift kit. although the sale later fell through when he decided to keep it. recently the kits gone back up for sale, and after accessing my money situation many times, i worked out a way i could afford it... JUST.

after some conversations online and some phone calls back and forth.... ive now bought an Airlift kit with v2 management. viair 380c compressor and 5 gallon accuair skinny tank. the kit is about 8 months old. i'd have loved a new kit but this alone has literally broke me so new really wasnt an option.

I'll be fitting the kit myself, it arrived this morning, ive had a mess with it and made sure i understand exactly what im doing and im pretty confident. I decided i had a few hours so i went out and mounted the tank in the rear - im not going for any kind of fancy build or anything, just want it neat and out of the way so i can still stick things in there.

i also managed to run the controller line into the dash. im not entirely sure where i want it placed but for now ive put it in this pretty useless compartment in the centre console, so i can tuck it in and close it or leave it out if i wish.

tomorrows job will be to fit the struts, and run the airlines and wire everything up. hopefully we should be fully working by the end of the day. that said its meant to rain which will put everything on hold.

so not much to show yet, but heres a few pictures .

the delivery man!!!!

and this is where the remote is sat for now.

Comment

Didn't realise you were on IG, just followed now

Comment

• Nice find !
                      Cant wait to see this aired out
                      IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

• Didnt reaslize you had an instagram

Just followed you
                        Also cant wait to see it on air

Comment

• thanks guys.

managed to get the kit fitted on saturday, did the build and everything in one day by myself, quite impressed to be honest haha. just goes to show how easy these kits are to fit now they do dedicated kits and such good management.

Went out last night into Birmingham city centre and took a load of photos, being edited as we speak so will post up later. Managed to squeeze the car through a gap in some posts into the central park where the cathedral is and got some cool photos before anyone showed up to tell us to move.

for now heres one of the build arrangement i came up with, nothing fancy just nice and simple hiding any loom and air lines. really happy with it!

unfortunately the tank got damaged in the post due to really really poor packaging by the previous owner, i was annoyed at first but ive come to really like the sticker thats hiding the scratch.

Last edited by Thooooom; 05-12-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• big thanks to oxer for changing my thread title.

will post full shoot photos up soon!

heres one for now while i wait for the rest.

photo by Alex Carroll - https://www.flickr.com/photos/alexcarroll_/

Comment

• Really nice man. Do you prefer it over the coilovers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                                Really nice man. Do you prefer it over the coilovers?
                                its only been on 2 days so it would be unfair to say at this point as im kind of just sitting in it going up and down all the time haha. it rides really well, doesnt feel sloppy or bouncy, just feels like a nice quality ride thats firmer than standard but not as hard as my coilovers were. its still quite hard though. the praticality side of things is helping out loads, i can park outside my house where as before i couldnt, i can park at university, and at work too, all of which i had to park further away from and then walk, especially uni which is about a 20/25 minute walk, okay in the summer ,but in the freezing cold and rain its really not fun.

ive messed with the fitment a bit so im having to drive ever so slightly higher due to the fronts rubbing a lot, but by no means high.

so far im really liking it, but i can see myself a few months down the line wishing i was rolling stupid low smashing off catseyes like i used to haha

Comment

Working...
                                X