No announcement yet.

The Daily Racecar build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this past weekend I took a trip up to Washington for Ocean Shores Focus Wars, had a great time, cars actually pretty comfortable on long road trips even with the stiff spring rates! Got TONNES of pictures from the weekend up on my website.

I also shot a feature with my mates Focus ST while I was up there. Check that out too!

Will be posting some of the pictures of my car to the thread when i get a chance to upload them to photo-bucket.
    Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
    www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Just read through your build, pretty good. Then I noticed you are in the Bay Area. I moved here 2 months ago and have been looking for any sort of car shows, I looked up the Facebook page in your sig and couldn't find when the next meet is... When and where do your meets take place?

------------------Buick Grand National Build--------------------

--------------The War Wagon W124 E320 Wagon----------

Comment

Originally posted by Azrial89 View Post
        Just read through your build, pretty good. Then I noticed you are in the Bay Area. I moved here 2 months ago and have been looking for any sort of car shows, I looked up the Facebook page in your sig and couldn't find when the next meet is... When and where do your meets take place?
        Sadly at our August meet a guy in a truck rolled up and decided to do a burn out right in front of the shop that was hosting out meets. So for now meets are on hold until I can find a new spot to hosts the meets.

However, Camibeat monthly meets are restarting in Fremont this coming weekend. Gonna be more like cars & coffee though since its at 8am! Search for Canibeat Monthly Gatherings! On Facebook there's an event page for it

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

I've really enjoyed reading your thread, Looking forward to the next update, Really awesome to see the car be transformed over time rather than one big update

Comment

So I finally got the pictures of my car up on photobucket so I could post em here, enjoy!

and yes I did have some fun on the beach while I was there, I had to :lol: :lol:

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Well its new clutch time for me, clutch has started slipping pretty bad.

Going to order Clutchmasters FX250 if I can get it through my buddies shop. The plan is to boost the car towards the end of next year so having the clutch for it is necessary. Plus I beat on the car quite alot with canyon runs so having a clutch that will take it is paramount.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Well clutch is in, break in periods suck!

I now have my traction control and ABS lights on though, I think something is just loose as it went off when I hit one bump then came back on after another.

Also not moving to Indiana.... But will be out of a job shortly :/

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

So nothing new on the car as of right now. It's actually in SMOG mode which is boring as all hell.

I am looking into picking up a set of SSR Koenigs from a friend that would need rebuilt so I could run them without spacers so if people could post me in the right direction for lips and barrels for those that would be great.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

My business CleanCarCulture just became a Chemical Guys dealer and to celebrate we are doing a group buy!

To participate fill in the form (link in bottom of post), I will email out price quotes this evening.

If you want to proceed with the purchase I will send out a paypal invoice. All invoices must be paid for by end of day Thursday (25th Feb). Order will be getting placed with Chemical Guys at the end of the week.

If you have any questions not related to pricing, let me know!

We are doing a large Chemical Guys order within the next couple of weeks. Pick which products you would like from www.ChemicalGuys.com and add them to your desired products. I will email out quotes for your requested items as soon as I can. All payments and invoices will be via PayPal, full balance must be paid before any items are delivered/picked up/shipped. All invoices will be sent out the week of 21st Feb and must be paid for by end of day 25th Feb (Thursday) to be included in the group buy. For all things CleanCarCulture visit www.CleanCarCulture.com. We have feature cars, show coverage and even Motorsports coverage!

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

The temptation for new wheels has begun again, it's a yearly thing with me... after a year I get bored and wanna switch it up....

However I have the problem of being a 4x108 bolt pattern and wanting 18s... It's slim pickings without custom ordering a new set or doing fill n drill.

Also half heartedly priced put going bags, going with 3H management, Airlift Mazda 3 rear kit (minus the shocks) and UAS bags for the front. Came out to around $3k the temptation is real. But at the same time my want for a factory turbo car is real too, so I'm really split on where to go from here.

Be done with this project and move to a new canvas or continue this build and take things to another level?

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Well ordered myself a new Massive EZ-Mount for the gearbox this time with the SupeRace bushings, previous one lasted a while with the softer bushings(76A) so lets hope the 95A ones hold up a bit better to my abuse.

Need to do a little more maintenance soon too, kinda tempted to change wheel setups but lack of a job currently is stiffling that plan for now (unless someone with 4x108 wants to trade)

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Well since I had a couple bulbs out I went ahead and ordered some LED replacements.

So now I have LED's for the side repeaters and my parking lights in the MACHS. Might throw the LED in the number plate on the back if they are the same size (still need to check to verify)

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Subbing to this thread, can't believe I haven't seen this!(well, I have seen this, just forgot about it unfortunately, hell I even posted in this thread a couple years back). I just picked up a mk1 focus as a rally/street project, glad to see that yours is so nice! My current one is a mk1 zx3 with the standard zetec, looking at getting an svt for the track. Never thought I would like a car like the focus so much, they are really underrated cars.

Thanks for the inspiration!
                            Last edited by rice4life; 05-10-2016, 11:55 PM.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                              Subbing to this thread, can't believe I haven't seen this!(well, I have seen this, just forgot about it unfortunately, hell I even posted in this thread a couple years back). I just picked up a mk1 focus as a rally/street project, glad to see that yours is so nice! My current one is a mk1 zx3 with the standard zetec, looking at getting an svt for the track. Never thought I would like a car like the focus so much, they are really underrated cars.

Thanks for the inspiration!
                              Well welcome back and thanks for the kind words!

If needs be join a bunch of the Facebook groups we even have a buy/sell/trade group which is great for picking up used aftermarket parts!

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskerz View Post
                                Well welcome back and thanks for the kind words!

If needs be join a bunch of the Facebook groups we even have a buy/sell/trade group which is great for picking up used aftermarket parts!
                                Might just do that once the car is presentable. I need to get some minor stuff out of the way before more mods go on it. It's got a fresh engine, exedy clutch, oversized dirt tires on the stock 16" alloys and other goodies like an exhaust system, but it has some battle damage. I'll make a thread for it once it's good to go.

Thanks, any good focus forums out there that you would recommend?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
                                X