No announcement yet.

The Daily Racecar build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright I finally got tyres mounted to the two BLQ that never came with any.

End result once the wheels were on the car

Car still needs a little dialing in fitment wise but that will come with time
    Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
    www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

There are very very few cars that I like the BLQ on, but this is one of them. Nice choice!
      My Build:

Comment

Thanks man, I actually wanted NUE but these came up at a nice price so snatched them up.

May go through a colour change on them later in the rear though ;-)

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Did a little bit of work on the old gal today, dropped the ass a little bit, think I will invest in camber arms in a bit but kinda skint just now.

Finally adjusted my front endlinks so they are actually the same length haha

And I got a few shots of the car with my DSLR when I got home, not the best as i never used my tripod but hey ho....

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

How are those ST coilovers holding up for you? I have a 05 ZX4 ST and was thinking about getting them. Aren't they basically the little brother to KW? Car looks good man!

Comment

Originally posted by dotyy View Post
              How are those ST coilovers holding up for you? I have a 05 ZX4 ST and was thinking about getting them. Aren't they basically the little brother to KW? Car looks good man!
              The coils are holding up just fine... been on since late 2013 iirc

the ST are almost identical to KW V1, different valving plus they arent stainless steel, but being in cali I dont really have to worry about them rusting.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Well since we had a paid day off today I decided to get out and try find a decent spot for photos in my new area...

Found myself a decent little spot so here are some of the pictures from the day.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Those wheels make me wish i had a car they would look good on. Great work!!!
                  [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                  [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                  Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks, I got these mainly due to availability. I was actually wanting a set of NUE as I'm a 5 spoke guy but got these for a good price so I will rock then until I'm bored of them

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Just ordered those 6" 450# springs... so lets hope they fit :lol:

Car really needs them, the rubbing is getting on my nerves now, but gladly I dont have to drive next week, the wonders of carpooling

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Well those springs didnt fit in the end so its on to plan B for me. Most likely going to be ordering a set of BC Racing coilovers in custom spring rates within the next week or so, going to go with 525F 575R.

Going higher with the spring rates will allow me to drop the car another little bit, may also invest in some rear camber arms to dial the rear in a little.

Got a bunch of interior work to complete before show season rolls around and really begins in June, hopefully I can crank out everything I want to by then.

For those in the San Francisco Bay you will see my car at a few shows this year. Already registered for Spocom and Revelocity. Waiting to hear back from Blox and Wekfest.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Just placed my order for custom rate BC Racing Coilovers ended up going with 9k front 10k rear... Or 504#F 560#R depending which way you're used to seeing spring rates :lol:

Can't wait to get them on the car and dialed in. Might yet order camber arms for the rear.
                          Already waiting on solid shifter bushings to ship as well! Car is getting treated royally this year.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Not a very common car you got there. Love it!

Renato
                            Team TWM Performance
                            TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah a total of like 12k made over 3 years, mine being a final year, one of 128 in my spec and colour IIRC.

Currently just waiting on parts, waiting on:

BC coilovers
                              NERP solid shifter bushings
                              Ford Edge rear wiper

Still have to go to pick n pull and pull half an interior to send out for wrapping in suede

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Well its now only 6 weeks until my first show of the year (Offset Kings @ Sonoma Raceway) so I really have to shift things into gear and get started on all the little niggly things I gotta get finished before the show season starts.

Already contacting uhpolstry shops to get quotes for interior work, and gotta put some elbow grease into cleaning up the engine bay.

Still waiting on new coilovers coming as well as solid shifter bushes and a Ford Edge rear wiper.

So expect a bunch of updates over the next few weeks/months!

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Working...
                                X