The Daily Racecar build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
    Who cares about carb legality? I just slipped julio $75(group discount) to get around smog.

This looks great so far. Have you seen the bitch ass focus yet?
    Which focus? I probably know of them at least. Focus community is kinda tight knit.

Originally posted by Jackembe View Post
    This has started well! Looks good
    P.S how do you manage to move from the rainy Scotland to the US?! Ive been trying for so long!
    My dad moved here for work in 2000 I got a follow on green card
    Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
    www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Well the wheels were due a refurb so went ahead and changed the colour while we were at it...

Ive got friends in the bay who hose free meets on private property so they cant get shut down, this is a photo from that

and a shot of the stickers I currently run on the car

I do now run a facebook group too, Www.facebook.com/Cleancarculture, I host monthly meets in the san jose area so feel free to come out if youre local.

Updated engine bay shot

Some photos of me auto-xing the car

Last edited by Whiskerz; 08-09-2014, 03:06 PM.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Since its been a long time since I last posted in here I thought I'd just throw some photos in for the hell of it, no cosmetic changes as yet but there should be big changes happening over winter/before show season 2015

As you can see in the last photo, this car badly needs some wider wheels and a touch more low!

Im hoping to get some 2/3 piece wheels ordered before the end of the year. Expect to see this car out at a bunch of shows in the Bay Area, California next year!

Struggling to decide what wheels to get though.... Ideas bouncing around in my head include:
        CCW LM5T
        CCW Classic 5's
        Brada TR5
        Avant Garde F141
        Fifteen52 Formula Classic
        Last edited by Whiskerz; 11-04-2014, 08:49 PM.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Well just bought a set of Rotiform BLQ 17x8 2xET30 and 2xET20

Should make for some interesting stance to come!

So yeah I didnt get the "baller" wheels I wanted but this should be a good teaser as to how I want the car to sit!

Pics once they get here and I get tyres on the 2 that dont currently have any.

Bear in mind the wheels on the car currently are 17x7 ET42. Might be hard to imagine but thats gonna be alot more width!

Expect to see me out at a bunch of shows in the Bay Area in 2015!
          Last edited by Whiskerz; 12-11-2014, 12:02 AM.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Nice to see a Focus around here! Yours looks very, very nice!

I've a Focus Van, completely stock. I wish I had those seats on my car, they look so comfortable :P

Comment

Originally posted by emanuelparedes View Post
              Nice to see a Focus around here! Yours looks very, very nice!

I've a Focus Van, completely stock. I wish I had those seats on my car, they look so comfortable :P
              Aw the seats are great! Even heated too ;-)

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

I usually don't like these cars, but I'm really liking this one

Comment

Originally posted by howiexiedo View Post
                  I usually don't like these cars, but I'm really liking this one
                  Thanks man! It's about to get WAY more stanceworks orientated once the new wheels get here

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

its a nice build but i wouldn't really call it a race car
                    FUEL INJECTED SUICIDE MACHINE

Comment

Originally posted by Devocat View Post
                      its a nice build but i wouldn't really call it a race car
                      It gets auto-xed, which is technically racing haha. Class I run in requires a full interior etc.

But yeah its just a fun title for my thread

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

My wheels are almost making there way to me!

Someone else in the Focus scene had a set of BLQ they ran this gives you an idea of how mine will look once I get the wheels on.

Honestly cant wait to get the wheels, thinking about getting them powdercoated but as of yet im super split on what colour to go with....
                        Last edited by Whiskerz; 12-13-2014, 05:10 PM.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Wheels have been in my possession for a couple weeks now, just ordered 2 new tyres last night, should be here sometime the first week of january.

bought 2 Ohtsu FP7000 in 205/40R17 for the rears, hoping the stretch is enough to save me adding a ton of negative camber.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

But now that we are in 2015 I wanna reveal my plans for the car over the course of this calender year.

2015 build plans

-Raid pick n pull for headliner, sunroof cover and a,b,c pillars for wrapping in suede
                            -BLQ going on
                            -SPC camber arms (if required to make the BLQ fit right)
                            - get the BLQ powdercoated toward the end of the year (most likely Candy Red)
                            -Stiffer rear springs
                            -Get front bumper repaired and repainted, then wrapped in clear

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Can't wait to see those wheels on your car! They look awesome :P

Btw, I like your plans

Comment

Originally posted by emanuelparedes View Post
                                Can't wait to see those wheels on your car! They look awesome :P

Btw, I like your plans
                                Finally throwing the wheels on for a test fit this sunday, gotta get the two tyres mounted friday night/saturday morning...

Will be time to find out if camber arms for the rear will be required or not

I personally cant wait to get started on this years projects but I gotta pay off all the Xmas ish first

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Working...
                                X