Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daily Racecar build thread

Alright so

I moved over to the USA in 2011 from Scotland bought a mk3 Jetta 2.0 when I first got here since I had barely any money....

Saved up working my ass off and decided to buy something more fun and hatchbacky

so this is what i bought

Crappy pictures out the way since those were taking on a 3GS in the dark lol

So when I first got it it left me kinda skint so went with cheap stuff to begin with....

K&N panel filter, black side repeaters...

Then developed a knock when changing gears, diagnosed it as the dog bone mount being shot so bought these
    Next up was to replace a worn part... so instead of replacing I upgraded

poly inserts for dog bone and got a deal on a poly passenger side engine mount.

Now at this point I decided to test the limits of the car (and my driving) by going to an auto-x

Just after that I decided it was time for a good service

Thank god I did it! The plugs were well passed their best!

Honestly at this point nothing really happened for a while until this

So got the tyres swapped over from my standard wheels and this was the result

Just recently I decided to clean up the calipers a bit with a lick of paint

And this was meant to be the end point until late in the year but well with it being a Ford something had to break... A strut decided it was time to die so few messages among NorCal sorted me out with some replacements....

Okay so the long awaited update; Part 1

I picked up a debadged grill while I was back home in Scotland and this is the result

I did have to hacksaw some stuff to make it fit, part of the lock stuff behind the grill needed cut back and then had to cut and bend part of the top of the grill for the catch handle.

and some more photo whoring :p

So I went down to FBF with the NorCal crew : here are some pictures from it..

This one is on our way down to Santa Barbara, we stopped off in San Luis Obisbo

Couple pics from the show

This one shows the custom parcel shelf me and Chris (NorCalfocus01) made

My new plate surround I picked up at the show

and finally a rolling shot on the way home (thanks to Nick and Frush for this one)

At this point I saved up for a bit so I could get coilovers so I could really get the car to where I wanted for auto-x... I went with ST Coilovers got them for $775 to my door, may eventually upgrade in the future.

Around came the black friday sales and I bought:
    New coil pack
    massive speed system uprated spark plugs
    steeda short throw shifter
    mustang boss 302 gear knob
    FSWerks remap with a Livewire TS

But before all this happened I took a trip to SoCal to pick up a RS collections bumper but it took me forever to get around to getting it painted so it ended up going on the same time as everything else.

Well at the weekend the car got her christmas presents:

so this is a huge change! Absolutely love it!

Raised the rear end a little when i did it as well.

Also fitted my steeda short shifter and boss 302 knob

I got a bunch of giftcards for amazon for xmas and decided to use them to buy:
    Zamp full face SA2010 rated helmet
    Weathertech Wind Deflectors

Alright so wind deflectors are on

Alright so some of this seems out of place because i just copied over alot of it from my build thread on FocalJet.

but hey another place for me to whore out my car
    Last edited by Whiskerz; 12-27-2014, 08:00 PM. Reason: changing title
    Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
    www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Looking good! My father moved over from Scotland a few years ago, and I myself have a love for Scotland, so I'm really liking parcel shelf.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Thanks man, I still gotta cover the bottom with acoustic carpet to finish it off.

Control arms and wheel bearings got replaced today, so car is now ready to be smogged.

Thinking about getting a private plate since my registration is due as well.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Bought myself a euro RS collections front grill the other day.

Won't get it until March but should be nice once I get it and have the surround painted.

Another euro touch to go with the RS collections rear bumper.

Eventual plans are to get a set of BBS RS for show wheels while keeping these wheels for daily driving.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what made you move from Scotland? I lived with a family out there for part of my summer and absolutely loved it.

And I usually don't like these cars, but I'm really liking this one

Comment

I was never a Focus fan before, but this might change that... Great build so far!
            IG @mriterphoto for daily crap / @wheresmy10mil for car/truck shennanigans.

Comment

No real photographic updates to speak of its been mostly underneath the car stuff...

Got the poly bushes replaced on passenger side motor mount
              installed a poly drivers side motor mount
              Fitted stainless braided brake lines all round with fresh DOT 4 fluid.
              Got myself a private plate

currently looking for a new set of wheels for this show season (17" 4x108)

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Couple cosmetic changes coming soon.

The wheels are getting resprayed gloss white.

Gonna get some white vinyl and wrap the mirrors and maybe do the underside of the spoiler.
                Might get a ford edge rear wiper set up as well to clean up the rear a little

Few pics I never posted here

The multicolour wheels are my auto-x wheel set up, smaller Rolling radius to help ratios

The keepitclean sticker is from my mates group/club back home. I'm trying to grow the brand over here, started hosting meets in San Jose for it. Some of you should try make it, it's on 24th may. Will post link from computer when I can.
                Last edited by Whiskerz; 05-12-2014, 03:56 PM.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

I love these svt's.
                  Nice car man.

Comment

Originally posted by SheaMoose View Post
                    I love these svt's.
                    Nice car man.
                    Thanks man.

Actually had a M3 driver give me a shout of nice car earlier on tonight
                    That makes a couple of people given me shouts on the road now

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Since you have trips and family in the right location you should get more parts to do this conversion ☺

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

This is coming out pretty sweet man! I actually just moved to NorCal and need guys to meet up with for car shows and auto-x, i can probably make it to that San Jose meet ��

Comment

YB. Conversion would be epic but if anything power wise is to get added it will be a power works supercharger kit, it's even CARB legal!

I really wanna pick up another set of wheels for shows but finding decent spec wheels in 4x108 without going custom is a pain

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

Who cares about carb legality? I just slipped julio $75(group discount) to get around smog.

This looks great so far. Have you seen the bitch ass focus yet?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

This has started well! Looks good
                              P.S how do you manage to move from the rainy Scotland to the US?! Ive been trying for so long!

Comment

Working...
                              X