No announcement yet.

The Daily Racecar build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the CCW's on and gave the SVT a much needed bath!

ccw's 1/28/18 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr
    ccw 1/28/18 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr
    CCW 1/28/18 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr

I do want to replace the 205/40 with a set of 215/45 to take out some of that arch gap,but overall Im happy with how they look.
    Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
    www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

• Well my parts hoarding has officially begun.
      I took delivery of some Turbo Turtle parts today (thanks to TheChukker). Turbo manifold (T25 & wastegate v-band), V-band downpipe, 5 bolt to v-band adapter, 3" to 2.5" flex pipe (this will probably get made into full 3") and a metal coolant tube.

So I have officially started the long process of collecting parts to go Turbo... many more parts to collect and alot more money to spend to get them all!

Goal is to make as close to 400whp as possible. Yes I will be building a motor for it. (Anyone in Cali have a spare SVT motor they want to part with?)
      Turbo choice right now looks like Gen II GTX2871R (one of the few I have found that are T25 inlet and 5 bolt outlet. Although I can go straight V-band outlet I suppose...)
      For fueling current thinking is Ford GT pump and a Boost a pump (would this be enough?), as for injectors I need to do a lot more reading to figure out sizing for those.

Will also need to find a bigger intake manifold and throttle body, decide on intercooler and piping, wastegate choice and all the other many variables... but step 1 is complete and I couldnt be happier!!! :lol:

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

• New wheels are great, always loved this shape Focus, the RS in this model is still one of the best looking cars on the road!

My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
          New wheels are great, always loved this shape Focus, the RS in this model is still one of the best looking cars on the road!

Thanks bud. I still want/need to get slightly taller tyres but trying to source a set of flares before committing to it. If I can find flares I'm doing to add 0.5" to the wheels making them 8.5" & 9.5". I would likely run square 245/35 or 235/40.
          But who knows, I've been searching for the flares for years. They rarely come up for sale and when they do they are gone within minutes.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

• Grabbed a few photos of my SVT in the middle of shooting a feature for www.cleancarculture.com

DSC_0483 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr
            DSC_0485 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr
            DSC_0532 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr
            DSC_0533 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr
            DSC_0534 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr
            DSC_0536 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

• Well as some already know I recently picked up a daily.... Got a 01 ZX3 with powerworks supercharger on it. 61k miles.

IMAG0113 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr
              IMG_20180615_002023_492 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr

Unfortuanetly for me the previous owner put the wrong fuel pump in it when he had it replaced last year... So the fuel pump was beginning to die on it. Have a new 'SVT' fuel pump, fresh SP463 plugs and a fresh fuel filter on the way from Tasca for it.

Honestly love the way it delivers the power. It needs some work handling wise but thats easily taken care of. Might throw the stock SVT rear sway bar on it along with some new poly end links. I really want to get a set of Fiesta ST wheels to replace the SVT EAP wheels but the tyres are basically brand new (they are crappy Kuhmo Ecsta AST all season though), I will probably wait until I need tyres to pick up a set of FiST wheels and tyres.

I already threw LED number plate lights in the back since one of them was out when I got the car, but honestly all this car needs is some minor upgrades suspension wise and MAAAAAAAYBE some tint. Its a perfect daily for me while the SVT gets worked on to be the beast I hope it becomes.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

• Got a whole bunch of new parts purchased for the SVT.

12.2" 4pot Wilwood Big Brake Kit from TCE Performance
                Full Billet hubs with ARP Wheel Studs
                New wheel bearings all round
                New License plate bulb holders & LED bulbs
                Lower Control Arms & all new hardware

Just waiting on the brakes coming in so I can get everything installed and a fresh alignment. Trying to get a friend to part with a F2 kit so that I can rebuild the CCW wider (they need new lips anyways)

The 01 Powerworks car has been sitting for a while, replaced the fuel pump and then the belts were making a whole bunch of noise, finally got around to ordering all new belt related stuff and a water pump for it. Will get that sorted out soon (might actually put it up for sale after I get it fixed)

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

• Interesting cars for sure. You get many feature cars from maine?
                  2 328i e36's
                  Saabaru linear 2.5na
                  Various projects.
                  sigpic
                  Intro;
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                    Interesting cars for sure. You get many feature cars from maine?
                    We have had a couple, but my guys in Maine have been super busy with other projects this year. One started in university studying cinematography and the other now runs Maine's Finest as well as contributing to CleanCarCulture.

www.CleanCarCulture.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskerz View Post
                      We have had a couple, but my guys in Maine have been super busy with other projects this year. One started in university studying cinematography and the other now runs Maine's Finest as well as contributing to CleanCarCulture.
                      Oh, cool! I thought finest was dead honestly
                      2 328i e36's
                      Saabaru linear 2.5na
                      Various projects.
                      sigpic
                      Intro;
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

Working...
                      X