- E30 Coilover Question ||

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - E30 Coilover Question ||

Hey Guys, if anyone can shed some wisdom on my first world problem that would be great.

I am curious as to whether my E30 will go much lower than its height at the moment if i decide to Install JOM Coilovers?

I am currently running standard shocks with lowering Springs and i dont mind it to much its just that i want to go that bit lower at the rear and lose the tyre gap @ the front.

As you can see there is a big gap at the front lol

Thanks !

Instagram---> ConnorTodd_

If those are 15s like they appear to be, you will have a hard time finding any coilover besides BroadwayStatic or custom Ground Control coilovers with shortened housings that will allow you to be low enough to have no wheel gap with 15s.

Also, JOM coilovers are awful. Shocks blow quickly if they are low, and the rear spring sits ridiculously high, way higher than what you have in the rear now.

Your best bet would be to go with a 4 inch spring for the rear, running an adjuster is up to you (currently I am not) and then for the front section your front struts 2 inches, buy GC coilover conversion kit with Konis or iX Bilsteins, and run a 6 inch spring up front.

This will allow you to be quite low in the future if thats your goal, or you can still raise it a bit also if you dont wont to be very low. Also this will give you quite good ride quality as well.

Hope that helped

Comment

Search R3VLimited.

needs moar lows

Comment

and i was about to buy JOM's

Comment

This, with iX or equivalent shorter shocks if you plan on going low. This has been covered a ton, search is your friend.

Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

Comment

Nice looking 1st world problem : )

Comment

Working...
            X