Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GR STI maxed on Tein SS Coils, still have wheelgap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR STI maxed on Tein SS Coils, still have wheelgap?

Running 18x10 +18 w/ 235/35/18 tires

Rolled and pulled my fenders like crazy just to fit these, looks like i went a little far... really want to have less wheel gap here. not to mention the front isn't quite low enough. My Tein Super Streets are completely maxed and I contacted the company and they bitched at me for wanting to change springs from the 9k front and 12k rear that came with the coils when i originally purchased them.

Wondering what you guys think I should do to reduce wheel gap here? I was thinking either run a meatier tire, buy different coilovers, or swap springs. Thoughts?

ps sorry if pics are huge, wanted to make sure it was visible

How long have you been running on those coils? They might need to settle a little bit, when i put my ebay crap can ones on my GL-10 it dropped 1/8 inch over the course of 2 weeks. tbh i think your stance is perfect, a little gap is alright. Makes it look like its actually driven at that height.
    "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

THIS GL-10 IS PRETTY COOL!

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

Comment

Originally posted by j3wman View Post
      How long have you been running on those coils? They might need to settle a little bit, when i put my ebay crap can ones on my GL-10 it dropped 1/8 inch over the course of 2 weeks. tbh i think your stance is perfect, a little gap is alright. Makes it look like its actually driven at that height.
      I've been running them for a few months now... I was hoping they'd settle but they haven't at all unfortunately... thanks man, but i'm really looking to get rid of the wheel gap any way i can. i've got too much time and money into this thing to let it look like i half-assed my build!

Comment

I think it looks great, maybe choose another brand of coils that are designed give a nice ride quality at extremely low drops? If I were you I wouldn't be in any rush, looks aggressive and not half assed at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Kylenatolix5 View Post
          I think it looks great, maybe choose another brand of coils that are designed give a nice ride quality at extremely low drops? If I were you I wouldn't be in any rush, looks aggressive and not half assed at all!
          thanks! just need to figure out what coil that would be... i'm between fortune 500s with swift springs and bc brs at this point. hoping to find someone running either one of those to give me a recommendation

Comment

Yeah, your mistake was buying Tein coils as their whole line of suspension is performance oriented and not designed for maximum lowness. Fortune would be your best best as they are really high quality coilovers especially combined with swift springs. Putting different springs on your current setup will just give you less suspension travel and cause your strut to bottom out. Your tires also look just perfect, your car is really nice just the tein coil are all that great anymore as better options exist now a days for same or better prices, plus tein tends to be on the softer side on the range of coilovers available for cars. Surprised they came with the stiff springs you have.

@finalbossjosh

Comment

Originally posted by joshg51 View Post
              Yeah, your mistake was buying Tein coils as their whole line of suspension is performance oriented and not designed for maximum lowness. Fortune would be your best best as they are really high quality coilovers especially combined with swift springs. Putting different springs on your current setup will just give you less suspension travel and cause your strut to bottom out. Your tires also look just perfect, your car is really nice just the tein coil are all that great anymore as better options exist now a days for same or better prices, plus tein tends to be on the softer side on the range of coilovers available for cars. Surprised they came with the stiff springs you have.
              Thanks for the advice! Sounds like fortune is the way to go.

Comment

Why not buy the bc coils? They go pretty low, if you wanted to go even lower they do offer bc extreme low coils...but you wont need that because im pretty sure the bc's will give you the drop you want and their not so bad, I'm running them on my current car and I love the ride so far.

Comment

Having a similar issue with my Tein Flex's - just in the rear. Fronts have easily more than an inch to go whereas the rears are already maxed at same height. Why would they anyway add way more lowering capabilities on only one axle, I don't get it.

Comment

From what I've heard, Tein's are more built for ride comfort and quality, and suffer with their drop amounts. I have Tein SS Coils on my Accord, and I want to swap springs to go lower as well.
                    My Accord Build

Instagram: @puzzlemaster94

Comment

I think unless you want to buy new coilovers swapping out for shorter springs would be your next best bet. Look into Swift Springs.
                      Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                      and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

thanks for all the replies guys! these are now up for sale, i bought some bc brs and im gonna throw some swift springs on them soon.

Comment

i run bc extreme lows on my 06 sit and the fronts are maxed on 17s and I'm barely tucking tire so on 18s you'll get the fitment you are looking for. my rears tuck a little and i still have like 4 more inches to go down in the rear lol

Comment

Working...
                          X