Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E28 M535i from Finland - The project that got out of hand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When i saw that twin turbo setup.

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

• Thanks!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Started painting the trims today. Took ages to get every trim piece mounted on the painting rig:

Painted the trims with epoxy primer and filler today, tomorrow ill sand them down and paint them with flat black.

Also sand blasted few parts:

-Timo
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Mushroom Motorsport - Performance since 2003

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Got the seats back last weekend:

Painted the trims with Glasurit Rallyeschwarz matt:

It was time to swap the headliner, from beige to anthrazit:

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• this makes me want to ripp my E28 to nothing fix everything and rebuild so much !

Comment

• Looking good as always, kind of jealous of those wheels and seats, need to get me some Futura rims for my e28. Keep up the good work m8, cheers for Sweden
            ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
            Trolling isn't a hobby, it's a way of Life.
            "Project Bmw E28"

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristopherJason View Post
                this makes me want to ripp my E28 to nothing fix everything and rebuild so much !
                DO IT!

Originally posted by Asee View Post
                Looking good as always, kind of jealous of those wheels and seats, need to get me some Futura rims for my e28. Keep up the good work m8, cheers for Sweden
                Thanks!
                I'll try to bring the car to some Gatebil happening next summer.

Originally posted by jbginger View Post
                Yes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Its mid summer festival in Finland, so i decided celebrate it by spending the evening at garage.

Fixed the last four trims to the painting rig and painted them with primer and filler:

Primered few other parts in the process:

Took off old piston rings and cleaned up the pistons. Also measured the piston ring clearance.

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Wow.
                  Current cars:
                  Mercedes-Benz SLC450 1977
                  Hyundai Accent 2001 (I know right)

Comment

• Updates?!
                    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Yeah, few.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      The roof lining is more or less ready. Only thing missing is vinyl for the sun roof flap.
                      I've ordered it, hopefully i'll get it next week.

Painted the rest of the trimmings, the plastic parts and few engine parts:

Assembled the long block:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      -assembled the intake manifold; injectors, fuel rail, throttle body, temperature sensor etc.
                      -made a hole and threads for oil temperature sensor to oil pan, had to take the pan off for this
                      -drilled a hole and threaded it to oil filter housing for turbo oil feed line
                      -assembled the engine some more

plus some little jobs done.

No pics..

Bolted the gear box to the engine with new SRE -765 cover, LUK mass disk, release bearing and slave cylinder.

Yesterday it was time to install the package:

Took the car out today:

Front brakes assembled:

Started to plan drive shaft modifications. I think that if i'll cut three shafts to pieces and weld parts of them back together i'll get one that fits..

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• Awesome job man.
                        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• Got the drive shaft tacked to its correct lenght, managed with cutting up only two shafts.
                          Only major mod was changing the front rubber joint to E34 drive shafts rear CV-joint. Also replaced the center mount with E34 one.
                          Waiting for few new parts to arrive before i can take the shaft to local drive shaft shop for changing the front tube and balancing.

Assembled few parts to the front; IC, oil cooler, radiator and power steering cooling tubes:

It looks like oil cooler is crooked in pictures, but it isnt.

Bolted the manifolts and turbos to the engine:

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• itb's in the future? keep up the good work

Comment

• Originally posted by softg View Post
                              itb's in the future? keep up the good work
                              Thanks!

No ITB'f for this one.Its going to run original intake with throttle body moved to the other side of plenum.

-Timo

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

• :O

Comment

Working...
                                X