No announcement yet.

An uncommon platform, but not in like a cool way - Mazda6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is sick! Those wheels will look cash. Just make sure you get the right springlesprangle, its important for flu jdmness
    Stay wide my friends. @samthedandy

Comment

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
      What made you decide to sell them already?
      I've had them for nearly a year now, and I'd like to go a little more aggressive.

Originally posted by Belvader View Post
      been following this on instagram for a while, nice to see you hear dude
      Thanks man! Gotta keep up with any reasonably local builds lol. Love your ranger.

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
      I would love to see a complete Atenza overhaul.

Did they sell the atenza liftback in the states?
      Unfortunately, they only did for the first gen. I have the bastard child second gen.
      Any advice as to what rear tire size to run? I need something pretty meaty considering 18s are generally considered pretty small for this platform. Was thinking something like 225/50 on an 18x10. Or maybe 235/45.
      Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Alright, test fit done. This is both rear collars removed, by the way. Only thing left is removing the perches and running spring only.

What tire size should I go with? Pictured is 245/40/18.

Comment

Ran into a problem, looking for advice.

Bought tires for the rear, and was told by the PO that either the valve stems or the used tires that were on the front caused a leak -- near 10PSI per day. No problem, I thought.... took the wheels in to have the leak diagnosed and fixed. Turns out both wheels leak air because one is apparently cracked and one has been welded before, but badly. Of course, the guy I got them from swore up and down that this wasn't the problem when I asked him specifically upon buying them.

Is there a way to salvage these wheels? I think Manaray is now defunct so it will be impossible to secure barrels, right? Unless they share the same hole pattern as other wheels...

Comment

Just need to source 40 bolt 18" stepped barrels. They are all pretty much standard.
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

okay, so:

a) Found a place that can weld the barrels so I don't have to worry about finding new ones. They will be done Tuesday.
              b) Got my 235/45/18 mounted.

Comment

This car is fucking awesome. I LOVE it.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrawannabe View Post
                  This car is fucking awesome. I LOVE it.
                  Thanks! Your Focus is sweet.
                  -----------------------
                  Here's a side shot. You can see the ridiculous rake. This summer, I may end up doing a manual bag setup for the rears only.

Comment

Thank you! It has a long way to go, but it's still fun along the way.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

I love this! One of the cars on my next car list!

Comment

Went to Cars and Coffee Charlotte this morning, which was a 2 hour drive but still worth it. Actually the first time I'd been to a meet other than Sowo, to which I didn't even bring my car.

Snapped this while checking to make sure I didn't hurt anything after leaving a gas station parking lot too quickly. Not bad for an iPhone 5s camera, but i'm no photographer.

Comment

Needs the front wheels to be done now

You will get used to scraping on things and driving slowly out of places. It just takes time, but it gets fun after a while.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                            Needs the front wheels to be done now

You will get used to scraping on things and driving slowly out of places. It just takes time, but it gets fun after a while.
                            They are in for repair. Both barrels were beyond fucked, someone tried to JB weld two cracks in each wheel so that obviously failed again. Also having the lips polished while he's in the neighborhood; I will do the rears myself eventually.

Re: driving low, it was kind of an 'oh shit' situation and I sort of had to scrape. Misjudged traffic making a right. It may not look that low but the exhaust is maybe 3" off the ground. Drove through a crowded park full of speed bumps today in Charlotte and it was so funny seeing people trying to find the source of the noise

Comment

clean

Comment

i dig it!
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46504

Comment

Working...
                                X