X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any w140 or w126 brackets?

Comment

Jay, what happened to you dude? You sort of fell off the face of the earth.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Sorry for the delay to everybody who has been waiting. My shop had been broken into earlier last month. I'm not there during the week so can't pinpoint exactly when, but some equipment was taken including my welder. It has set me back finishing up this batch, but I'm back on track.

As I've mentioned in an email to Kevin at BagRiders the next batch will be sent out early next week.

Once again really sorry on the delay. It's been a tough month to get everything back in order.
        1958 Chevy Apache shop truck build

Commonwealth

W201/W124 Control arms and bag brackets

http://www.commonwealthmotoring.com/
        Air ride and custom parts
        IG - Commonwealth_mf FB - https://facebook.com/commonwealthmotoring

Comment

Jay, have you got any pics of these on a car?

We're getting one of the next kits sent over (we're a dealer for BagRiders) and have been playing about today with bags and they look damn close to the shocks and driveshafts at the back.

Just want to try establish if your states models are different to the EU, from what I can see online they don't look it but just trying to find as many pics as possible of kits on the cars.

Cheers man

Comment

Check out Adjustedpostures build thread. He's got some pics in there of how they mount. They are a close fit in the rear, but have not heard of any issues yet with bags touching the axles.

I have heard of one issue in the UK that the bags were rubbing the frame up front. I'm unsure if the front control arms are different between the models. If you have pictures of the control arms feel free to post em so we can compare the EU and CAN/US models

Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

Commonwealth

Comment

Ah cheers Jay! Decent help.

We've had a play but we'll have to see when we get our hands on it all We're using the UAS AirHouse2. Double bellows just look a bit funky when they're dropped with the lower arm angles.

Yeah, Will @ BR said similar. From what I can see they're all the same. I'll get some pics when we get it all swapped over. Upload plenty on here for other folk too

Comment

Jay, managed to get some pics of the bottom arms with standard springs still in.

Front -

Rear -

Cheers

Comment

FWIW, the relationship between the front strut and the spring changes drastically as the suspension cycles. The only way I was able to get the SS-5s to clear on my W124 was by shifting them away from the inner fender far enough that they foul hard on the struts when the car is on a jack, but they clear great when the car is on the ground. It's not an elegant solution, but these are the consequences of going from a 4" spring to a 5.5" bag. At least on the W124, the rear has far more room.

Comment

Yeah, obviously things will move and there's some playing to be done. No doubt we'll be following your thread, gonna probably annoy you with PM's too haha

I just wanted to make sure the actual arms, springs, struts and gaps are the same on each side of the pond?

Then we can rule out different market differences

Comment

Originally posted by matt_onlychargeddubs View Post
                      I just wanted to make sure the actual arms, springs, struts and gaps are the same on each side of the pond?
                      Discounting the differences between SLS and non-SLS rear LCAs, 4-Matic vs non-4-Matic front suspension, and wide-body vs narrow-body, I believe the parts of the suspension we're interested in are identical between LHD and RHD countries.
                      Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 02-26-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

In to watch and for end product

My first car was a W124 and this week it's being sold to my friend's family as a much needed second car for them (300D).

I have a mini truck fabricator guy in Salem who will make some custom brackets for my W110 when I get around to committing to air for it.
                        The Northwest.
                        Mercedes W110 'Heckflosse' | Jetta Mk4 8v
                        IG: amotion578

Comment

Any word on next batch of these mate? Looking to get a set
                          Doing lame shit with a 1JZ and W124 Wagon.

Comment

The next batch is off to Bag Riders for anybody who was waiting on a set.

Anybody interested in purchasing just the brackets please contact me at me email. jay.marshall@hotmail.com

Commonwealth

Comment

Different Angles

Just wondering, Have you started using the different angles for the front that Sam has worked out?

Keen to slap a kit together.
                              Doing lame shit with a 1JZ and W124 Wagon.

Comment

Yes the front lowers are side specific as the spring pockets are different on the front LCA's. They're made a little different than Sams and shorter so it can go as low as the struts will let it. I'll be working on a couple sets this week if you're interested.

I'll be moving my shop closer to where i'm living now at the end if the month so these might be the last few till mid-April. Plus side is the new shop is 5 minutes from my new apartment compared to an hour and a half to the old shop I had when living at home. This makes it a lot easier to get more done. That and a new welder i picked up this weekend will make quick work of these brackets. Next up a plasma cutting table and they'll be made completly in house.

Commonwealth

Comment

Working...
                                X