Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all w201 and w124 Mercedes guys interested in brakets

Default Calling all w201 and w124 Mercedes guys interested in brakets

I have noticed there is not much available for w201's and w124's when it comes to bag setups. I am starting a bag setup on my 190e and have some drawings done up for the brakets and just need to get the parts cut out now and welded.

I am wondering if there is any interest in brakets for these cars and am wondering if anybody would like to buy a set. I figure why not make a bunch and get an aftermarket going for these old benzes.

Mainly right now I just want to see who would be interested and get a rough estimate on how many i would be making. I'll hopefully have a price figured out in the next week as well as some more information.

Update:
    Finally got around to getting some pics for you guys of the brackets. Has been a crazy month, but i'm back on track. If you want a set please message me or email me at jay.marshall@hotmail.com. I will be selling full sets for $262. Shipping will be $32 and that

Bag Riders picture for reference. Sets from me will only include the brackets
    [/QUOTE]
    Jay
    Last edited by Jay92; 03-09-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Nice!! Throw up some pictures once you have a set made!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Will do. Hoping to have the first couple sets doing in a couple weeks when i'm back at it

I'd be interesting in this as well.

If anybody is interested in the brackets looks like it will be $200 for a full set (front and back). I am starting out by making 5 sets to start so message me if you are interested. Can have sets ready to go by next week.

I may be interested. Can you post pics of them when they are made.

Today was productive. Got the first set of plates cut out. Should have them welded and ready to ship by Monday if anybody is interested in having lne lf the first sets. Here's a little pic for y'all.

Last edited by Jay92; 01-16-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Pics are up now guys

If anybody would like to order some brackets please let me know

More going out this week. If anybody is interested please let me know

Wish you would have had these six months ago. Would have saved me a lot of screwing around

It looks like you're "sandwiching" the lower control arm between a plate and the lower bag mount, correct? If that's the case, I would strongly consider welding a nut to the center hole of the lower bag mount to do the securing. For those using Slam Specialties bags, the caps are aluminum, which I'm not sure I'd trust long-term to hold in that role without stripping out.

Glad to see the W201s and W124s getting some aftermarket love!

Don't buy from this guy, he'll take your money and won't ship items, owes me a bbs barrel he had for sale been two months no barrel no communication told me twice it was shipped but when ask for tracking all messages are ignored even though I can see he's been logging on every day. Just a warning to anyone dealing with this guy. His PP Email jay.marshall@hotmail.com

I'll be doing a couple sets of these in the upcoming weeks. If anybody is interested please let me know.

I just wanted to let everyone know that these brackets are awesome! We have kits for sale on our site and we will try to keep them in stock.

Mercedes Benz w124 Front and Rear Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone know that these brackets are awesome! We have kits for sale on our site and we will try to keep them in stock.

Mercedes Benz w124 Front and Rear Kit

Will the brackets fit other bags as well?
    Will you just be selling the brackets without bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Lassen90 View Post
    Will the brackets fit other bags as well?
    Will you just be selling the brackets without bags?
    They will fit other Universal bags and Slam Specialties bags. We will be adding the individual bracket products to our site soon but if you want to order them in the meantime, just give us a call!

Any w140 or w126 brackets?

Jay, what happened to you dude? You sort of fell off the face of the earth.

Sorry for the delay to everybody who has been waiting. My shop had been broken into earlier last month. I'm not there during the week so can't pinpoint exactly when, but some equipment was taken including my welder. It has set me back finishing up this batch, but I'm back on track.

As I've mentioned in an email to Kevin at BagRiders the next batch will be sent out early next week.

Once again really sorry on the delay. It's been a tough month to get everything back in order.

Jay, have you got any pics of these on a car?

We're getting one of the next kits sent over (we're a dealer for BagRiders) and have been playing about today with bags and they look damn close to the shocks and driveshafts at the back.

Just want to try establish if your states models are different to the EU, from what I can see online they don't look it but just trying to find as many pics as possible of kits on the cars.

Cheers man

Check out Adjustedpostures build thread. He's got some pics in there of how they mount. They are a close fit in the rear, but have not heard of any issues yet with bags touching the axles.

I have heard of one issue in the UK that the bags were rubbing the frame up front. I'm unsure if the front control arms are different between the models. If you have pictures of the control arms feel free to post em so we can compare the EU and CAN/US models

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70374

Ah cheers Jay! Decent help.

We've had a play but we'll have to see when we get our hands on it all We're using the UAS AirHouse2. Double bellows just look a bit funky when they're dropped with the lower arm angles.

Yeah, Will @ BR said similar. From what I can see they're all the same. I'll get some pics when we get it all swapped over. Upload plenty on here for other folk too

Jay, managed to get some pics of the bottom arms with standard springs still in.

Front -

Rear -

Cheers

FWIW, the relationship between the front strut and the spring changes drastically as the suspension cycles. The only way I was able to get the SS-5s to clear on my W124 was by shifting them away from the inner fender far enough that they foul hard on the struts when the car is on a jack, but they clear great when the car is on the ground. It's not an elegant solution, but these are the consequences of going from a 4" spring to a 5.5" bag. At least on the W124, the rear has far more room.

Yeah, obviously things will move and there's some playing to be done. No doubt we'll be following your thread, gonna probably annoy you with PM's too haha

I just wanted to make sure the actual arms, springs, struts and gaps are the same on each side of the pond?

Then we can rule out different market differences

Quote Originally Posted by matt_onlychargeddubs View Post
    I just wanted to make sure the actual arms, springs, struts and gaps are the same on each side of the pond?
    Discounting the differences between SLS and non-SLS rear LCAs, 4-Matic vs non-4-Matic front suspension, and wide-body vs narrow-body, I believe the parts of the suspension we're interested in are identical between LHD and RHD countries.
    Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 02-26-2015 at 12:07 PM.