Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preferred Stretch Tire Installers in NoVa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred Stretch Tire Installers in NoVa?

Hi guys, I had a pretty rough day. This is going to be a long read but I hope you can help. I recently purchased an SC300 with Work Eurolines. They're 8.5 x 19 in the front and 9.5 x 19 in the rear. The tires that came with the car were 235 x 40's in the front, and 275 x 40's in the rear. Well these hella rubbed and the rears were shot, so the seller actually provided me with a set of new tires with the deal. They are Falken Azenis, 215 x 35 for the front and 235 x 35's for the rear. Well I found a Merchant tire down the street from my house and they always seem to have vehicles with larger aftermarket wheels and stuff. I assumed they were professionals and knew what they were doing. Man was I wrong. I dropped the car off at 8am this morning and got a call around 11:30am telling me that they attempted to mount three of the wheels, but they felt strongly about not mounting the wheels to the actual car for liability reasons. I told them to mount the last one and I'd stop by and see the work. Well it was complete shit The fronts aren't too bad, but the rears just didn't look right. The stretch is shorter on one side and looks all uneven. I'm not sure if anyone has had this happen, but it just doesn't look right. I'll take some pictures if you guys really want to see. I really didn't trust the wheels on my car either so I decided to get my stock wheels. Well two of the tires on these stock wheels were shot with steel wire and stuff. I don't even know if they would hold air. Of course Merchants wanted to sell me two Michelin tires for $140 or some crap and they didn't have any typical cheap coopers or futuras. So I had to run all over town and finally picked up two $90 tires from Pep Boys. So I ran those back to Merchants and they finally mounted those. They were actually cool about the bill and didn't charge me that much in the end cause of the situation. Anyways, I've got a set of horribly mounted stretched tires on my wheels and I'd really like to get these removed and installed correctly. I know there are tons of SW members in the Nova area that can probably help. Let me know if any of you guys have a preferred source that can do a professional job
    '95 Black 5spd SC300 // 19" Work Eurolines // Coils // JDM Window Visors // JDM Front Lip // and a few fender dents

theres a tow shop down in dumfries 30 -40 a wheel i cant remember but they did decent job and they said as long as you pay they mount anything i suggest having wheels off the car due to limited space there other than that they are pretty decent

Comment

I'm back to this situation again. Anyone have a reliable tire stretch source in Northern Virginia?
      I know I can't be the only person wanting to know.

Thanks
      '95 Black 5spd SC300 // 19" Work Eurolines // Coils // JDM Window Visors // JDM Front Lip // and a few fender dents

Comment

PTuning in Manassas had no problem doing a 205 an 8" for me.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

205 on an 8 isnt really much
          -Jorge-

Comment

Originally posted by 00bmw323 View Post
            205 on an 8 isnt really much
            This is true. But it's still a stretch nonetheless, and alot of shops out here would have turned me down in a second. Mainly just b/c VA is gay, and all the mechanics out here are rednecks who still drive cars from the 60's.
            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
              PTuning in Manassas had no problem doing a 205 an 8" for me.
              Thanks for the info. I recently accepted a new job in Manassas so this will come in handy. I've had the same issues with my wheel and tire set up over this summer. I've narrowed it down to my wheels. My front tires seem to leak air from the side walls. And I'm talking brand new Falken ST-115's. My wheels must have corrosion along the inside beads. I was wanting to get them refinished anyways so I'm going to pull the tires from the wheels and have them worked on over the winter months. I've given up on the 2010 season and hope that 2011 is much better for me.
              Last edited by Tabaka; 08-09-2010, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I had 225/35 stretched on an 8.5 and 245/35 stretched on a 10" at the auto hobby shop on base. Payed $40 total. Are you military by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabaka View Post
                  Thanks for the info. I recently accepted a new job in Manassas so this will come in handy. I've had the same issues with my wheel and tire set up over this summer. I've narrowed it down to my wheels. My front tires seem to leak air from the side walls. And I'm talking brand new Falken ST-115's. My wheels must have corrosion along the inside beads. I was wanting to get them refinished anyways so I'm going to pull the tires from the wheels and have them worked on over the winter months. I've given up on the 2010 season and hope that 2011 is much better for me.
                  Whereabouts in Manassas do you work? I work @ Comcast right off 234.
                  Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

NGP Racing in Aberdeen, MD has always done a good job for me, they have a shop in NoVa as well not sure if they do mounting at that location but their Aberdeen shop does an awesome job!

Comment

In the same boat I need someone who can put a 205/40/17 on an 8.5 and a 215/40/17 on a 9.5 before H20i. I had my dads friend at a Porsche shop in Fairfax try to do it and they couldn't get it done. I might run the 215's on the 8.5's and get 225/40/17 for the 9.5's. But first is there anyone in nova who can put the 205s on the 8.5s and the 215s on the 9.5s i would be so boosted, the tires are Falken 512's. Any help would be mad appreciated!
                      Follow on IG
                      amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                      Vintage AME Wheels
                      RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                      W115 & W123

Comment

PTuning did my 205/40/17 on a Work Ryver painted 9X17 with no issues. They also have aflat drive on rack for allignments as well.
                        2001 Ford Focus Track car in Germany
                        2004 Ford Focus SVTF-ST170 Clone US
                        2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 40mm lift US
                        2010 Renault Clio Campus Germany

Comment

Both Custom Wheels Boutique (Fredericksburg) & PTuning (Manassas) had no problem doing a 205/40/16 on an 8.25" wheel for me.
                          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I do all my own stretching they have a cheetah air cannon type thing at work I'm at Koons Honda in manassas it's works every time anyone close enough I could help them out

Comment

Working...
                            X