Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Easy Slider z32 missile

I love updates on this build.

Dude, holy shit! I just read the entire thread and I absolutely applaud you!

My only qualm is with the soldering on the wire harness. Soldering does not belong on a vehicle. Some may call me out for nitpicking but it could potentially lead to more issues that require a lot of time and digging to rectify.

Quoting myself here from another thread:

One word of recommendation though, solder does not belong in a car. Proper crimp and splice connections will out live and out perform solder in a vehicle. Use proper adhesive lined heat shrink butt crimps with a good crimping tool. Always give the wires the tug test before shrinking down the connectors. If it fails the tug test, then the connection must be redone. A proper crimp is stronger than the wire its self.

Only place solder should be used is in PCB boards. Wires should be crimp only.

The rigidity of a solder connection can fail and crack due to vibrations and heat cycles.
    Instagram: @Eurow

The craftsmanship and engineering and tools are just amazing... but it just seems so over the top excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by proboner View Post
    ... but it just seems so over the top excessive.
    That's not a bad thing. If the car was built to handle 300whp and you used it at 300whp then you would be maxing out the capabilities and abilities of the engine, chassis, safety, etc. If the car was built to handle 600whp and used only at 300whp then you have a margin for safety and potential for future work. My numbers are purely for example but it helps show the concept.

I'd much rather over build and be at 60-80% duty cycle on parts and chassis then be pushing 100% and straining everything all the time.
    Instagram: @Eurow

updates?
    Last edited by ItsaCorolla; 06-14-2018 at 04:40 AM.