This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions on plastic wrap

Ok so i wrapped my car in the black 3m matte vinyl stuff a few months back just to hold me over till i got my stuff together (by stuff i mean money). i went away for 2 months and then when i came back it turns out my mum decided to give it a wash while i was away, nice thought, but she obviously did it in the sun or something because when i got back i found loads of water marking on the wrap. i was pissed.

the car still looks ok, it just looks permanently dirty so iive decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and pull it all off and try paint it myself

buuuuuut i dont know if taking it off will ruin the paint underneath or not, and i dont want to go pulling it all off and taking the old paint with it if i cant get it re painted soon after i take the wrap off. need to sort out a place where i can paint it and buy the gear before i do anything to the wrap.

thanks dudes
    '83 Porsche 944 build

I haven't had much experience with it but I know that automotive vinyl is designed not to damage your paint when you peel it off. And unless you really know what you're doing, I'd advise you not to paint your car yourself.
    instagram: willlarney
    big dumb e39 build

Comment

Look for soap designed for vinyl wrap and clay bar. You may be able to salvage it.

Comment

I vinyl wrap professionally. there are waxes/cleaners that should get those stains off. if you decide to peel it off, it should leave the paint in fine condition as long as you dont have any chips or rust, it may peel around those spots. use a heat gun when peeling, or peel it in a garage with a bunch of space heaters running

Comment

^what he said. I peeled wrap off my car and after a few washes was back to normal
          Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Working...
          X