Corrado or M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrado or M3?

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I couldn't decide whether to put it in OT or here.
    Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is because I've been thinking of selling or trading my Corrado lately. I love the car so much and I finally got all of its issues taken care of, but ever since I came to this site all I want to do is get a BMW. And I'm tired of getting harassed by people and labeled a douche bag because of the VW owners around where I live. But the **** doesn't really bother that much, it's just kind of annoying. Back on topic, I really like E36s and just recently an E36 M3 has gone up for sale near me. It's not in the best condition, it has 158,000 miles, and I don't know any of the car's history. But I want this thing so bad. And the price is pretty good too, 6K OBO. That's a little out of my price range, but it's been sitting out front of their shop for a few weeks now and hasn't moved.
    So what I'm asking you guys is, what would you do? Would you go for a high mileage, Dakar Yellow M3 or stick with a nice Corrado G60? As of right now the odds are against me. The first thing is the price, the second thing would be insurance. I'm pretty sure that car insurance on an M3 for a teenager isn't going to be cheap, and the other thing is the cost of ownership. My dad gave me the green light on it, but he probably did that just to get my hopes up because he knows it won't happen. I'm pretty sure you guys are going to say go for the M3, but I just want to know what you think the best decision is.
    ///M 2.0
    G60 POWAR... never forget

Do it if you don't mind going through a whole new series of problems to iron out. Not that the m3's a bad car, it's just always like that when you buy a used older car. Just make sure you have enough money and patients for that.

Comment

M3 should have cheaper running cost.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Shit, 158k isn't that much. My car just hit 229k and its still going strong
        Originally posted by da3bous
        I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Well being you own a G60, you should def. get the M3...Corrados are cool, but M3s are awesome. lol

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

And mileage isn't that high...depending on who's owned it and if it's been taken care of. Mick and me have an E36 and it's got like 260k and runs fine, 325i mind you.

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

Swap a VR into your car and call it a day.
              1995 AMG c36 / dirtbag.

Comment

Rwd>*
                1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

id go with the m3....you will love it
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by wRek View Post
                    Swap a VR into your car and call it a day.
                    this, otherwise, M3!
                    Lo-Fi lifestyle

"Våld löser alla problem"

Comment

Love both cars but I say stick with the corrado and do the VR swap
                      3000GT-Clean daily project.

Comment

everyone swaps a vr....if your gonna swap anything do a tdi which is a blast to drive...time consuming swap....or do a 16v swap or something

just get the m3 you wont regret it
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I'd say M3 just because it's got rear wheel drive...

Comment

BMW > VW. Not ****** on vw's just BMW's are an all around just nicer car from the factory. Their standard features and nice quality interior is just nicer then VW's. VW's are cool cars and you can defenitly do some pretty crazy shit but its just all about what your into. All I know VW's seem to have tons of problems.

Comment

RWD...and M3s look great... corrados are sick looking too...but RWD...yeah, M3
                              *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
                              blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

Working...
                              X