Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW E61 Wagon. Fitment is finally aggressive enough to post in this forum, PIC HEAVY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E61 Wagon. Fitment is finally aggressive enough to post in this forum, PIC HEAVY

3/18/15 UPDATE POST #32

Hey guys.

I needed some AWD capability so my M5 is for sale and I picked up a 535xi E61. Here is my M5: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35153

Car started as a rather ugly frumpy thing and is nearing completion. I will throw a bunch of pics up to Cliff-Note the journey.

Most not-worthy on this build is the OEM M5 front end along with stuffing Forgestar F14 SDCs at all 4 corners on an xi, if you are familiar with E60 or E61 xi offsets you know this is a tricky task. The front end includes OEM M5 fenders and front bumper which allows an extra 10mm of fender width to stuff more wheel and tire. I am not a fan of vents or grills (save functional cooling for track cars) so I had the fender vents filled in to clean up the lines and increase "sleeper" status.

The fitment on my Miros, which were used as temps until the Forgestars were ready, was average but it did take some fender work to stuff the 255/40 tires in there. Now that my Forgestar SDCs are in it is game-on! The rears should be an easy but snug fit in place of the Miro but the fronts are more aggressive: 19x9.5 et24 are replacing 19x9.5 et33. I plan on running a narrower tire but still like the protection a thicker tire offers so the new setup will be a 235/40 which should clear the fender after I roll it but I foresee most wheel-body contact coming from the sides of the front bumper.

Notable Mods:

JB4 G5
    Intake
    Muffler Delete
    KW V3
    RD Sports Sways
    OEM M5 Brakes
    OEM M5 Front Bumper
    OEM M5 Fenders (Vents Deleted)
    OEM M5 Mirrors
    Umnitza M-Tech Rear Bumper
    Miro 111: 19x9.5 Square: F:et33 R:et20 (Temp Wheels)
    --- Hankook V12 255/40/19
    Forgestar F14 SDC: F:19x9.5 et24 R:19x10 et32
    --- Hankook V12 F:235/40 R:265/35

Please not in the Forgestar test-fit pictures the rears will have 20mm spacers installed...when I changed the rear hubs fit the M5 brakes the new hubs a recessed and increase the offset about 22mm.

I hope you enjoy the transformation, more to come.

Evan

Last edited by ucsbwsr; 03-18-2015, 09:01 PM.

Always love seeing more of these done up!!
    There will always be someone driving something nicer than yours. Just don't park next to that guy!

IG: @Thee_Deported

Comment

This is a gorgeous wagon, I would love something like this someday. Super Classy
      Current Project: 1988 535is --- Pics and Info When Its Worthy

Comment

just awsome sir both of them

Comment

mmm drool worthy

Comment

VERY NICE.

Whats the price on the E39 M?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

New wheels should look pretty good, maybe should've gone to 20s .__. lol
              Ryan | flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Gottalovethexi View Post
                New wheels should look pretty good, maybe should've gone to 20s .__. lol
                20's fit the e60/e61 wheel wells better but for this car it will be a daily driver in the Bay Area and also see a good amount of time up in the mountains so getting slammed by bridge expansion joints and a serving the oncoming road like an eagle, although used to it, is not something I want to worry about with this particular car.

Evan

Comment

Nasty Clean Wagon Bro!

So you Fancy Huh!!

Comment

The new wheels look incredible!

Comment

awesome! just awesome, looking good!

Comment

This is awesome.

.. I wanted to say m-tech would help a LOT, then I kept scrolling lol.

•◡ •

Comment

What are you asking for the M5?
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

Nice, I love a cleanly built wagon. Not sure if you knew but Elvis of Stancenation posted a picture of your e39 on Instagram a few days ago and seemed to generate some interest with the sale sticker. His Instagram name is sn_elvis if you are interested
                            peep my Flickr!

Comment

Shit man, it must be hard to part with e39 imola M5!

Good progress on the e61, shadowline'd and dropped - it's looking good already!

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

Working...
                              X