BC vs. Megan coilovers & Custom Camber kit for 2009 Infiniti FX50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC vs. Megan coilovers & Custom Camber kit for 2009 Infiniti FX50

I mostly lurk on this forum but am active on others.

I have a 2009 Infiniti FX50 that I've been wanting to lower. did springs on my last FX (05 FX35) and it wasn't low enough.

Now, I was to do coil overs instead of springs. Only available ones are BC or Megan. About $800-900 for the set.

However, the 09+ FXs have a camber "issue" (may not be an issue on here, but the usual FX guys don't want it) where when you lower the car even with springs there is already plenty of camber because there is not enough adjustment available stock, and there are no aftermarket camber adjustment kits.

Between the two brands, which do you think are better and do any of you know if there is a "cheaper" method to getting a camber adjustment kit. Quotes I've gotten varied from $250-900 for custom camber kit for my car….

I don't fully understand the suspension issue but there's only factory adjustment for TOE so when you lower it, there's nothing to adjust camber… and the coil over kits don't come with it (BC and Megan) and nobody offers custom adjustable camber arms or anything….
    Last edited by jbaker1121; 12-04-2013, 06:46 PM.
    '09 Infiniti FX50
    Loaded + OEM Aero, GTspec bracing, K&N, custom HKS Hi-power rep mufflers, custom GTM Resonated Test Pipes, Uprev Osiris tune: 367AWHP/352 TQ, 13.6 @ 102 1/4

06 SL500, 15 S550, 08 CL550, 10 C300

BC Racing can include rear camber plates with your coils for an extra fee. I got BC Racing Coils with Swift springs 11k/ 14k and front and rear camber plates for under $1500. The Retailer (Circuit MotorSports) which I will highly recommend for many reason, offered the rear camber plates and swift springs at a discount price when purchasing with the coil overs. If you can't afford to pay for all at once they will work with you financially!

Comment

^They don't make them for my car...
      '09 Infiniti FX50
      Loaded + OEM Aero, GTspec bracing, K&N, custom HKS Hi-power rep mufflers, custom GTM Resonated Test Pipes, Uprev Osiris tune: 367AWHP/352 TQ, 13.6 @ 102 1/4

06 SL500, 15 S550, 08 CL550, 10 C300

Comment

BC racing anyday over megan.

Comment

^+1

Comment

Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
            BC racing anyday over megan.
            Originally posted by Chasen88 View Post
            ^+1
            BC makes Megan's shocks

They are the "old" BC design (when they first came to NA), so the inserts are smaller in diameter. Those shocks are also used on Air Lift's performnace series.

So, just go for what's cheapest.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I had bc coils in my srt4 and they rode incredibly well and I opted for the rear camber plates which was sweet. I had Megan tracks in my s2000 and they also rode incredibly well. Side by side you can see the bc are a little more sturdy specifically on the mounting tabs which are welded solid, the Megan's are tacked on the top and bottom. If I were buying brand new I would go bc because I'm a label whore but if I saw a set of Megan's pop up cheap I'd hop all over them which is what I did with the s2k.

Comment

Working...
              X