Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
    Nice to see it being sorted! Post up some pics when you get it down
    Will do! Not getting too excited yet, I'll wait to I see how low they go first.

Comment

i had the same problem with mine on my e39. so obviously i went the sketchy route and not run a preload. glad to see that you don't have to pay for the new kit. one of my bc coilovers seized up before i even installed it and bc didn't cover it under warranty.
      instagram: willlarney
      big dumb e39 build

Comment

Thanks to Matt at JustJap Australia, shorter coilover inserts were sent at no cost. And i got to buy the longer inserts at a super cheap price. New ones are approximately 60mm shorter, giving the height i wanted.

And it now tucks a decent amount of tyre without having to adjust preload.

Comment

are these a direct bolt-on application or do they need to be welded?

Comment

Fronts need welding. Rears bolt straight in (fronts not fitted in picture).

Comment

That's pretty sh!thouse that these shorter bodies are now available(unless they always were). Good for you that they swapped them out at no cost, but sucky for those of us that got them when they were first offered, and were never told of the shorter body.

So did JustJap provide you with just the shorter body by itself(in a pair obviously)? I may need to get on to them and try and get a pair too.....or just live with what I've got. I'm not disappointed with mine, they ride well and sit nicely, but I've wound them off the preload slightly, which I'd rather not if I can avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
                That's pretty sh!thouse that these shorter bodies are now available(unless they always were). Good for you that they swapped them out at no cost, but sucky for those of us that got them when they were first offered, and were never told of the shorter body.

So did JustJap provide you with just the shorter body by itself(in a pair obviously)? I may need to get on to them and try and get a pair too.....or just live with what I've got. I'm not disappointed with mine, they ride well and sit nicely, but I've wound them off the preload slightly, which I'd rather not if I can avoid it.
                It is unfortunate.

Yes i got a rear pair and just swapped over springs etc.

If you want to go lower ring justjap and ask for matt. He should remember my case as I spoke to him quite a few times. My name is Eden if you want to mention it.

Comment

Working...
                X