Things non-car guys say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
    Does anyone else have problems talking to co workers and normal people in general? I never know what to talk about. And I never mention cars because they are always like "yeah I want a Porsche" and I ask what kind and they say "idk, I just want a Porsche"
    I think normal people just talk about weather.

Comment

Does anyone else have problems talking to co workers and normal people in general? I never know what to talk about. And I never mention cars because they are always like "yeah I want a Porsche" and I ask what kind and they say "idk, I just want a Porsche"
      yeah whenever i am with someone who doesn't like cars i realize how poor my social skills are
      [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
      instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmerspotter View Post
        yeah whenever i am with someone who doesn't like cars i realize how poor my social skills are
        Me too!!!
        -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
        '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
        '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerspotter View Post
          Same...

I worked on a porsche at work this week, everybody was like omg a porsche i'd like to
          have one blah blah etc.., i don't get why...

Comment

Every time someone rides in my car, I have this struggle. I have to resist the urge to point at other cars going down the road, or mini-raging on idiots who drive Prius' and whatnot.
            It's a disease.

I drove my M3 to my grandparent's house yesterday for Easter. When everyone went outside for pictures, all of my aunts and uncles were on my case. "Ooooh, Mr. Big Shot with his BMW! I bet that costs a fortune to maintain! How'd you afford that? Oh your wife has a BMW too?! You must be making the big bucks!"

And then my uncle proceeds to tell me that he paid $8,500 for a V6 Mustang and I die a little on the inside.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Just last night one of my coworkers saw a cayenne and said "hey Travis, there's an Italian sports car outside, what is it?". Then she saw the back and called in a "Porsche canny"

I just can't some times with my coworkers.

Originally posted by High_5er
              Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

• "You need to check your tires, your car made a funny hissing noise when you pulled into the parking spot."

Comment

• Them: "I wish I could do something like that to my car, but it's my daily driver"

Me: "This is my daily driver…"

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmerspotter View Post
                    ^this
                    BMW E34 V8 - Daily
                    Merc 190E - Sold
                    BMW 635CSi - Project
                    Mercedes 190e Build Thread
                    Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

• Originally posted by VanDamage View Post
                      ^this
                      One of mt good friends today said, after showing him my new harnesses, "my dad owns redline racing you know. He could teach you some stuff if you want". I was like what the actual fuck?! I've known this kid for how long and didn't know his dad owned redline racing? I asked him why he never told me and he goes "I dunno. I didn't know anyone liked racing. I thought it was for rednecks"

I was speechless.

Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omnious View Post
                        One of mt good friends today said, after showing him my new harnesses, "my dad owns redline racing you know. He could teach you some stuff if you want". I was like what the actual fuck?! I've known this kid for how long and didn't know his dad owned redline racing? I asked him why he never told me and he goes "I dunno. I didn't know anyone liked racing. I thought it was for rednecks"

I was speechless.

and this this this

Comment

• "Why would you want to lower your car, that's so stupid."

the usual

Comment

• Originally posted by raam0 View Post
                            "Why would you want to lower your car, that's so stupid."

the usual
                            5.0's, gtos's, camaros, etc. Laugh at my lowered 1.8 i4 until I kick their asses because they don't know how to navigate their boats on concrete.

Edit: maybe I should specify I'm talking about going around corners? Of course these things slaughter me in a straight line.
                            Last edited by Omnious; 04-28-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

5.0's, gtos's, camaros, etc. Laugh at my lowered 1.8 i4 until I kick their asses because they don't know how to navigate their boats on concrete.
                              LOL ok dude.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

It's so good to have Celli back. Why, Because he lives his life a quarter mile at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X